Is there anyone who actually ENJOYS nemo?

I liked it, it was nice. I liked the Aussie accents of the skipper and the mate. I feel the same about the wait, though. If there were no wait I'd say I loved it.

DDs weren't that nuts about it though, my older two both said they felt like their "personal space bubble" was violated. :rotfl: Those little fold down seats ARE just awfully close to each other!

I have not be on the new Nemo ride yet. I remember the old sub and loved it. But my family has a personal connection to the ride my grandfather who passed away along time ago helped build those old subs. So I will stand in line to ride on the new Nemo ride.:love:

I never made it on the original version so maybe I am lucky that I don't have that to compare it to. I love it! :love: I think they did a great job. (but then I love pretty much every ride just because I am at Disneyland.) We waited in line anywhere from an hour to 20 minutes. Just check on the line ever so often and maybe you can catch a shorter wait. I would say it is definitely worth riding. And seeing how you have not ridden it yet, you really should so you can decide what you think for yourself. Obviously, many people have different opinions on what makes a good ride.

Ok so basically you're all saying..it's worth it, but not for a huge wait. We have 5 day park hoppers so maybe I'll keep an eye on it and go when it's a short line

Umm... it's never a short line starting about 10 minutes after the park opens. Even during parades, fireworks, or Fantasmic.

Yuck. I wouldn't wait 90 min in the sun, let alone the rain
LOL

I really hate to say this and PLEASE do not take it personally, but given your above statement, I don't think you will be riding Nemo... unless you have EE and good running shoes.

The bottom line is this: There are times when there are less crowds and DL. There are times that most lines get considerably shorter. HOWEVER, it's still Disneyland. There are going to be people. And in this case, it still one of THE most popular rides in the park. There are going to be lines.

Make a trivia game for everyone to play in line. Tag team the wait. Eat while standing in line. There are ways to pass the time, but sometimes, if you want to do the popular thing - you just have to deal with what comes with it. In the case of Nemo, that's happens to be a line.

The best advice given here is to get in line shortly before midnight. If you are in line when the park closes, you WILL ride. Careful about how close you cut it though. Sometimes nights they cut the line earlier than others.

Final thought: I would not ride Nemo again, but was happy to ride it once (no kids, just 2 adults). Imho, the observation deck is not the same experience.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!
Dreams

I actually think the Nemo line is the most pleasant for a longer wait. It goes by really fast for me. You're outside so you can see the lagoon, you can see people, you can look around. The aisles are nice and wide, and you can bring your stroller into the line (they'll park it for you when you're about to get to the end of the line). It's not interesting, like Star Tours, or contain things to read like Haunted Mansion, but both of those lines feel really long to me, and yet the Nemo line was in reality longer, but did not feel as long as those.

I'm not sure if I LOVE Nemo, but I waited in line to see it a second time, when the posted wait time was longer than the first time I was on it, and it was totally fine for me.

I do get a bit twitchy at certain points on the ride with NEEDING to go way forward and crane my neck up, to remind myself that I'm not stuck a mile underwater, but it's a fleeting feeling.

I finally got to ride Nemo last week after about a 35 mins wait (before closing). For me, I was more in "love" with the nostalgia portion of the ride, having ridden the subs as a kid and teen. I thought there were some real nice additions to the ride and felt satisified when disembarking. With that said though, the Nemo ride at EPCOT is super cool because it is in a real aquarium which just adds that extra splash of realism.

IMHO the Nemo hype is out of control. I enjoyed Nemo about as much as I enjoy Star Tours (which I do for nostalgia sake).

Frankly, I didn't like the 20,000 leagues subs all that much at WDW when I was a kid. And remember being annoyed that it took so long.

DH and I weren't planning on doing Nemo when we went to DL, but after getting to the gates extra early on EE morning and walking towards the matterhorn, we realized that we happened to be ahead of throngs of people who were running towards Nemo. So we made a split second decision to head to Nemo and were on the first sub. I still think the ride is too long and I would have had a better time enjoying a nearly empty Fantasyland.

I really hate to say this and PLEASE do not take it personally, but given your above statement, I don't think you will be riding Nemo... unless you have EE and good running shoes.

The bottom line is this: There are times when there are less crowds and DL. There are times that most lines get considerably shorter. HOWEVER, it's still Disneyland. There are going to be people. And in this case, it still one of THE most popular rides in the park. There are going to be lines.

I've been do DL, I know how the lines are ROFL. I do, indeed, have good running shoes, I highly doubt I can jog my 2 year old over there tho ;). Also, I do have a MM. But I'm not gonna waste it here.

I'm just saying I'll keep an eye on it. Why stand in line for 90 min if I can get it for 40? Not quite sure why that's funny.:confused3 Perhaps I should've said 'shorter'. I don't expect to walk on this ride, don't get me wrong.

If a line has interesting stuff to look at I'll spend 90 min baking in the sun for it.

The have large umbrella covering the "outside" portion of the line, so not in complete sun. That helps.

On a Monday we got to the security checkpoint at 7:15am. This opened at 7:30. We then went to gate 13 and were not the first in line but maybe about 20 people back. We went straight to Nemo and we were on the subs before 8:30am. It was about a 20 or 25 min. wait for us. We didn't run to get there or anything, just walked.

I remember when Little Mermaid came out I kept thinking why don't they turn the subs into a LM ride? Also it was near Fantasyland so that fit. So I'm glad they did something with it. It wasn't my favorite, but it was worth a try. We only went on it once this trip because the line does get very long later and we didn't want to go there first everyday.

I also just realized that for the first time I'm taking a winter trip..it's not gonna be what I'm used to heatwise. hmmmm

Our 6 year old granddaughter LOVED it!!!

In fact it was the first thing she asked to do Again!

Once we waited 45 minutes.. and the other time 55..it was worth it when she called home to tell her great grandfather she went for a submarine ride and saw Nemo and sharks.

We are going Dec. 11th with our 6 year old granddaughter and her 4 year old Twin brother and sister... i'm sure we will be right back in that Nemo line... and for us.. that's what Disneyland is about..the happiness we get to share with our grandchildren just like we used to share it with our children.:grouphug: :cloud9:

Disneyland is different for everyone...some it's running for fastpasses..others it's waiting in looooOOOoooong lines... but in the end..it's all really about the same thing... Happiness created and shared with those we Love.:goodvibes

I didn't think the ride was worth the 1.5+ hr wait we had to endure last fall, but I don't know that there's any rides worth that wait length. If I only had to wait 15 min or less I would have liked it a lot more!

We just got back today from a week at DL. We did early admission last Tuesday mainly to ride Nemo without a long wait. We were on the first monorail into the park and went right to the line. We waited in line about 15 minutes. The ride was Ok but a bit boring for my 16 and 12 year old. Younger kids probably enjoy it more. I would have been disappointed if I'd waited in line for an hour. If you can, do it first thing when the park opens. I'd say it is worth doing once but not if you have to wait over 30 minutes.

Our tradition at DL is to ride the Matterhorn twice, once on each side, first thing when we enter the park. During our visit last October, we took one of our early entry days to ride Nemo. We hoofed it to queue and were probably behind 100 people. Of course the ride had mechanical difficulties so we probably spent our first hour in the park queuing, waiting, and riding. I was glad we waited. I enjoyed the ride when I was a kid and really enjoyed it now. I would love to ride it again and re-look at how they incorporated new technology into the old ride.

We are visiting again this coming October. I am still not sure if I'm willing to give up my two rides on the Matterhorn for one ride on Nemo on any of the four mornings we'll be there....

My biggest bummer on my upcoming trip is Alladin won't be showing. We usually watch that two or three times....if I look on the bright side....one of the reasons I wanted to stay at a disney hotel was to get the preferred seating for Alladin show, but we are staying on Harbor to save some budks...this is a moot point now....

0_showing_love_goofy_disney.gif

I just wanted to say that I LOVED the subs. :love:

Riding the subs was definitely the highlight of our last trip. And we had alot of good times that trip!

My TR on the subject says it all... nostalgia is a powerful thing.

We liked it. DH has some of the nostalgia going on for it as he remembers the old subs. We waited in line during the fireworks one night on a trip where we had already seen the fireworks. It worked out nicely for us. We got to see the fireworks again, from a different angle, and it made the time in line go by faster. Although they still had the umbrellas up so we had an obsecured view some of the time. I think we only waited around 40-45 min in line. I'd probably wait until I caught the lines are a little shorter or do it late at night like others suggested for our next ride.

LOL You are the first who LOOOVED it I think

Emmers, I just have to know - are your kids filled with glee over the upcoming December Christmastime Disney trip? I bet they cannot wait, and are counting the days in their little heads! It will be SO magical for them to be there at that time of year. Heck, it will be magical for YOU!:) :goodvibes

is too long..but it always has been for the subs. I enjoyed Nemo in Florida a lot more - but I am claustrophobic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter