Is there any spacing between tables at restaurants?

Just back a week from a Disney Trip. Like everyone else said Disney is no longer social distancing.
And people aren't wearing masks outside even when it's crowded such as the hour wait I was seeing before Enchanted or Harmonious. I didn't do either of those waits -

I did the seats and treats for Enchanted (where there was little to no social distancing between tables including when I got up to get more treats and came back to my table to find it surrounded by a family who was taking their pictures and they took forever. I use a cane and my leg was sore by the time they finished so be aware that could happen).
I didn't bother seeing Harmonious since I used that time to get on the monorail and miss the exit crowds.

I wore my mask outside in crowds, wore my mask in all lines regardless if they were outside or inside and in restaurants except when I was actively eating and drinking.
I hand sanitized after every ride (brought my own since Disney's were empty most of the times) and washed my hands tons. My husband wasn't as diligent. And he came home with a cold while I didn't.

*created more space for easier reading.

OP, I am totally with you. We're going 1/28 to 2/1. I had made several dining reservations but with the recent COVID surges I'm pretty sure I'm going to cancel and eat all QS so we can stay outdoors, based on the helpful info from everyone in this thread!

Florida resident here. We went for dinner last night at Steakhouse 71 in the Contemporary. As others have stated tables are not distanced.

If you're concerned about being in close contact and social distancing on your trip I have to be honest and tell you this may not be the time for you to visit.

We drove our own car, masked up whenever indoors accept when eating, and wore mask outdoors when near others. After dinner we decided we wanted to go over to the Grand Floridan to see the Christmas decorations. Once on the monorail we realized this was a mistake for our comfort zone. Although mask were required on the monorail several people had noses uncovered and a few took off their mask. The monorail was packed in tight with people. We were so uncomfortable with this that we quickly walked off the monorail at Grand Floridian did a quick look at the Christmas decorations as we walk downstairs and out the front door. The Grand Floridian was packed. In our very brief visit I saw a cast member confronting a family to mask up and the Dad was being a jerk to the CM. We were inside the Grand for less then two minutes. We then took an uber back to our car that was parked at the contemporary and left.

We have been to the parks/restaurants/ Disney hotels several times since reopening. Our family is vaccinated and boostered. We have always managed to feel comfortable with our past visits by either masking up and or keeping space between people. Last night was the first time we felt uncomfortable and decided to leave half way through our planned evening.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. You validated what I had expected - no accommodations whatsoever. We are determined not to cancel our trip, but canceling our dining reservations may be necessary. Fortunately we are staying in a villa with a full kitchen, so we can cook some of our meals and also order meals to go. Such a bummer.
A few table service, and many quick service restaurants have some outdoor seating.

About 2 weeks ago, we actually ate at 3 of the restaurants on your list. For us, Via Napoli seating was pretty good. If you've been there before, they have a wing of the restaurant to the right (when facing the entrance). They were not using the tables in the middle of the floor - just those along the windows and the wall. They also had some of the doors open, so there was good airflow. At Boma, most of the tables were still in place. When they tried to sit us at a table for 4 in an area we found very crowded, we asked for something less crowded, and they very quickly accommodated us. Fortunately, the restaurant was only about 75% full that night. Coral Reef appeared pretty "normal", but the way the tables are set up in there, we didn't feel on top of anyone. I agree with posters above about outdoor service - it might be something to seek out, and some places offer it. From your list, the only place I know has a little outdoor seating is Via Napoli.

We are really struggling with what to do about January trip. The only thing that really has me concerned is the indoor dining- but with 3 little girls that’s one of the best parts of our trip- Snow White dinner, Royal table, be our guest, etc. Has Disney ever mentioned increased ventilation or added filtration to indoor restaurants? I would love to know if they’ve ever announced any upgrades they made to the restaurants during the time they were closed. I haven’t looked into it myself in depth but hoping there’s a source out there?? I did see one person’s review of Ohana saying the area where the grills were was enclosed and ventilated now. Made me wonder if other restaurants had been upgraded to improve indoor air quality.

No distancing but never really felt on top of people at restaurants before the pandemic began also at Disney. I just said to myself, whatever is gonna happen is gonna happen. Here or somewhere else. I got vaccinated to protect myself. Nothing else can be done. Time to eat at the happiest place on earth normally lol

Last edited:

Has Disney ever mentioned increased ventilation or added filtration to indoor restaurants?

I have not heard of anything like this happening. I think it's more of an every family needs to determine what risks they are willing to accept and be comfortable with. It's not always an easy decision, for sure. If you still go, I hope you have a wonderful trip. Make the decisions you need to so you can be as relaxed as possible. Good luck!

We'll be at WDW 12/29 - 1/7. We will be taking extra safety precautions, thanks to Omicron, such as limiting our time in the parks and wearing masks in crowds outdoors. One place where we can't wear masks is in the restaurants, for the most part. We have several TS reservations -- including Space 220, Via Napoli, Coral Reef, Boma and a few others -- and I'm getting a bit nervous. For those who have recently dined, did you feel that the tables were very close together and that there was little to no spacing between other parties? I suppose we can wear our masks at our table, except when we're eating and drinking, but obviously not the whole time. As much as I hate to do so, I'm thinking about cancelling our reservations. :(

Hi - similar question as you and just curious how you made out on your trip?

Hi - similar question as you and just curious how you made out on your trip?

We returned about a week ago
  • Whispering Canyon was pretty crowded/cramped, but we had a later reservation so it started clearing out while we were there.
  • Liberty Tree Tavern was decently spaced
  • Prime Time Cafe - our little kitchen area had 4 sets of tables, one in each corner. It did not feel cramped
  • Space 220 - The restaurant and lounge seemed decently spaced, and many tables weren't in use while we were there. However, we sat at the bar where it was shoulder to shoulder.
  • Biergarten - again, decently spaced
  • Topolino's was the best of all the restaurants for spacing, at least for us. They originally put us in a booth but it was really tight for four adults so we asked for a table. We ended up in the corner by the door that goes outside and we felt like we were alone in the restaurant, everyone else was so far away.
ETA - all total there were 24 of us and none of us came home sick.

We returned about a week ago
  • Whispering Canyon was pretty crowded/cramped, but we had a later reservation so it started clearing out while we were there.
  • Liberty Tree Tavern was decently spaced
  • Prime Time Cafe - our little kitchen area had 4 sets of tables, one in each corner. It did not feel cramped
  • Space 220 - The restaurant and lounge seemed decently spaced, and many tables weren't in use while we were there. However, we sat at the bar where it was shoulder to shoulder.
  • Biergarten - again, decently spaced
  • Topolino's was the best of all the restaurants for spacing, at least for us. They originally put us in a booth but it was really tight for four adults so we asked for a table. We ended up in the corner by the door that goes outside and we felt like we were alone in the restaurant, everyone else was so far away.
ETA - all total there were 24 of us and none of us came home sick.
Thank you!! This is very helpful, and so glad you are all well.

I was there in November 2020 and came home fine after eating at indoor restaurants. I was there in November 2021 and ate at Trex, Rainforest, Pop, ASMu, and some others and still came home fine. Never got Covid at Disney either time. I did however get it a couple of weeks ago by kissing my 4 month old granddaughter and spent 5 days in the hospital thanks to double pneumonia that came with the covid. You can get it anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter