• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Navi River worth it?

Visually lovely, short ride and wouldn't wait more than 10-20 minutes for it. In fact, not even sure (having done it numerous times) that I would even give it a thought in the future.

I only ride it because our youngest is too short for FOP. So I ride Navi with her while hubby takes the older kids on FOP. If you like boat rides it’s fine. Pretty but there’s really no story.

We really like it. It's slow and cool. The "creatures" are way cool, and the stuff going on overhead is great.

Wouldn't wait in a long line for it. But it's a chance to sit down in AC (if the boats are backed up at unloading bonus extra time to sit in the AC). Never saw the movie so maybe I don't get it. It's got some music, you float along, look at nature scenes. Kind of soothing I suppose.

I thought that we went in Navi River Journey when we went to WDW last time but online it says that the ride opened in 2017 so I guess we didn't. The last time we were there was in 2008. We are going this year at the end of August. What is the big deal about the ride? The videos look kinda boring to me. Do I need to have seen an Avatar movie or something in order to enjoy the ride? What do you like about it?
I enjoy the ride, but it is short. The environment on the river is rich and there is so much to see along the way. I was disappointed at how short it was the first time, but I find that I enjoy it much more now. I would not wait too long for it though.

It all depends on who your traveling with. We enjoy it. It is a nice break to sit and relax. It is pretty and I it gives toddlers a ride in that area. My granddaughter loves it. Going to introduce my grandson to it in December. We ride it at least once every trip.

I like the queue a lot...all the rope/knotwork trees. We keep hoping to see the "B" ending or (dare to dream) the failed animatronic just to change it up. It really is a spectacular animatronic. But totally not worth a wait beyond 30 min, and I say that with Jim Cameron as my favorite director and Avatar as my 18 year old son's favorite movie.

I thought that we went in Navi River Journey when we went to WDW last time but online it says that the ride opened in 2017 so I guess we didn't. The last time we were there was in 2008. We are going this year at the end of August. What is the big deal about the ride? The videos look kinda boring to me. Do I need to have seen an Avatar movie or something in order to enjoy the ride? What do you like about it?
I like the ride but it's nothing special. I love the Avatar movie but NRJ is boring IMO. I feel like for a boat road they could have made it much more thrilling but I guess FOP is their Pandora thrill ride. We usually skip it if the line is more than 15 or 20 min.

I feel like for a boat road they could have made it much more thrilling but I guess FOP is their Pandora thrill ride

Also, it's incredibly frustrating that these rides, built 2017-2018, aren't accessible. There's no wheelchair boat on Navi, and you have to transfer on FOP for no good reason. There's no glass box you can pull up your chair at FOP. Both of these rides could have easily been accessible. Heck, there's still time to build a glass box in the corner. Those intentional choices make AK overall a much less accessible park than the others.

It was good. I agree with everyone that it was short. So if the queue is long, I would definitely pass on it. The animatronics are very impressive, and it was relaxing. I just wish it was twice as long.

Also, it's incredibly frustrating that these rides, built 2017-2018, aren't accessible. There's no wheelchair boat on Navi, and you have to transfer on FOP for no good reason. There's no glass box you can pull up your chair at FOP. Both of these rides could have easily been accessible. Heck, there's still time to build a glass box in the corner. Those intentional choices make AK overall a much less accessible park than the others.
That is poor planning on Disney's part. I also feel that Disney could have doubled the size of the boat to accommodate more people. I get that some of the older rides were not built for today's park capacity. But Disney knew the amount of people attending when they built this one.

Always wondered why they didn't at least put a little POTC drop in this ride.

It's good if you have little kids with you as there aren't many rides for them at AK (just safari and flying dino's). I enjoy it but it is usually a long wait for a pretty short ride through some scenery.

15 minutes or so, we'll wait. Otherwise, nah. The queue is all outdoors and feels like a steam room in the summer months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter