is it true that people steal from Fish Extenders??

I had planned on making the mickey body magnets that go around the big round stateroom number on the door. Has anyone on here made those and had them stolen? This is very upsetting because this will be my first Disney cruise and I have been waiting for years to do this and make these for my door :mad:
I have used 3 of these on 2 cruises (Alaska, Norway) and they were not taken.

Well, I guess it's a roll of the dice so I think I will make one and if it lasts, that's great. I will definitely put our names & room # on the other magnets. Why must people ruin things for others - I should expect this I guess because I work for a Police Department!!! Somehow, I am always still amazed at crime even though I see it daily.

I'm making something special for my son that's going on our door. I don't want it stolen and I can't put our names on the front. But I am going to make a second set of most of the pieces (there are 10 pieces, one that's large for the porthole). That way, if any (except the largest) are stolen, I can replace them at least once. Then again, if they're stolen, there might not be a second chance on the outside door.

Wow. We have never had magnets stolen. We have never participated in F E (just too disorganized) so not sure about that. But our magnets are very home made and not very professional looking. That may be a way to make sure they don't get taken!

We have been on 10 cruises and have never had our magnets stolen. Some of them are personalized, but some were not. Our last cruise we were pixie dusted magnets. We were concerned that someone else's magnet had been on our door, so we checked and the rest of our corridor had them as well. I know how much meaning they can have and I would never want that to happen. If you do see your magnet on someone else's door, it might not have been put there by them. That being said, I am always going to put magnets on my door. They are just too fun, plus it helps me find my cabin!

What! I am shocked really? I would be most upset by this. To my knowedge we have not had things removed from our FE but then again who knows! Had no magnets stolen. I am appalled! Fellow guests? If you paid to go on a DCL cruise you really need to steal items from an FE! How odd I find this. I may put cow bells in mine then and set a honey trap lol..

What! I am shocked really? I would be most upset by this. To my knowedge we have not had things removed from our FE but then again who knows! Had no magnets stolen. I am appalled! Fellow guests? If you paid to go on a DCL cruise you really need to steal items from an FE! How odd I find this. I may put cow bells in mine then and set a honey trap lol..

Fully agree, why would someone stoop so low to steal FE and magnets, but they do.

Personalised items do reduce the risk, names, stateroom number, it makes it less useable. IE I out our stateroom number on, my Nagnets and was able to find them on another deck, - maybe some people just think, I paid for the cruise, I can help myself.

I agree, do they really need to steal items? No.

Also in concierge on the Magic/Wonder, some like to play knock down ginger, on the door bells. It can be any time day or night. They will come up, ring the bell and run off. Quite annoying if your having a nap. I have at times, heard people st our front door, talking low, so look through the peep eyehole, see cruisers there, ( not just kids, but adults) door bell goes off, thry run off.

99% of cruisers are nice and respectful, but there are the few, who , think thry can do what they like.

Also in concierge on the Magic/Wonder, some like to play knock down ginger, on the door bells. It can be any time day or night. They will come up, ring the bell and run off. Quite annoying if your having a nap. I have at times, heard people st our front door, talking low, so look through the peep eyehole, see cruisers there, ( not just kids, but adults) door bell goes off, thry run off.

Hmmm... why does this happen? are they the only staterooms with bells or something? we are booked in a one-bedroom on the magic right by the elevators.... Im thinking i'll bring lots of extra magnets just in case!

Hmmm... why does this happen? are they the only staterooms with bells or something? we are booked in a one-bedroom on the magic right by the elevators.... Im thinking i'll bring lots of extra magnets just in case!

Concierge suites are the only one with door bells, now on the newer ships concierge is mostly in one place.

On the Magic and Wonder concierge is all over deck8. Yes the midship ones the Cat T, 8032/34/8532/34 have a particular issue, as thry are on a very busy, elevator landing, just under deck 9 the pool deck, and often goes as a teens meeting place.

I do bring extra magnets As I know some will get taken, but we were surprised it wasn't generally kids but adults doing it.

I thought since it was Disney, there are more people with manners. This was the case until I was watching this video of a family purposefully knocking them down.

It wouldn't let me post at the time in the video. Go to the 4:45 mark and watch.

I thought since it was Disney, there are more people with manners. This was the case until I was watching this video of a family purposefully knocking them down.

It wouldn't let me post at the time in the video. Go to the 4:45 mark and watch.

Wow- terrible proof of really bad behaviour.

Makes me sick that people would steal from other guests. However, I have never purchased magnets, only made our own door decorations. Our daughters have printed fun pics ( probably some copyright infringement....LOL), mounted them on construction paper and we have used masking tape to put them on the door. Perhaps because they are so unprofessional looking, no one is interested in stealing them however they're all magical to us. Never have participated in fish extenders but truly disgusted that people would steal.

Wow, just wow...

WOW again. Call me naïve, but I had no idea this kind of thing regularly happened. And watching that video actually made me sick to my stomach. Seriously these people have nothing better to do on an expensive cruise with tons of offerings than to walk around hallways knocking down things and giggling. So strange.

Fully agree, why would someone stoop so low to steal FE and magnets, but they do.

Personalised items do reduce the risk, names, stateroom number, it makes it less useable. IE I out our stateroom number on, my Nagnets and was able to find them on another deck, - maybe some people just think, I paid for the cruise, I can help myself.

I agree, do they really need to steal items? No.

99% of cruisers are nice and respectful, but there are the few, who , think thry can do what they like.

Actually a lot of our magnets are personalised so that is a good point! We have an accessible cabin in Conceirge in September on a b2b cruise 7 nights on The Dream. As much as I love children answering the door to knock down ginger in a wheelchair a couple of times might grow old!

Only been on one cruise so far, and our magnets "disappeared." I thought the idea of decorating our stateroom door was cute, but I won't be partaking next time :(

Not only did they do this and think it was funny, but they are actually proud of their selfish and stupid behaviour! Incredible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter