Is it really ok to laugh at BAWB??

tmli

Wants to be known as tmlh....
As I have mentioned in other threads, I am new to the podcasts. Just listened to my third one!! DH has been hooked forever.

There are times I am laughing out loud at the team making fun of Bawb....at times he doesn't seem to "get" he is being made fun of and isn't always laughing along with them!

DH assures me it is all in good fun....so I guess I am looking to be told its okay to laugh at Bawb!!:lmao: :lmao:

They teach my son in school that you are as guilty as the bullies if you sit back and watch and do nothing about it. So, Bawb I will come to your rescue if you need it.....if not, I will continue to belly laugh right along with everyone else!!!

Bob knows hes being laughed at, and plans his sneaky revenge, like eating all the Dole Whips!

Good on ya Bawb!

it's true it's not nice to laugh at others but we all know it is out of love not cruelty!!!!! We all love Bawb:love: and the rest of the roundtable:thumbsup2

I think it's all a plot on Bawb's part. He sets himself up to be laughed at, then everyone feels sorry for him. ;)

After all, have any of the other podcast members received votes for President?

Kathy

As I have mentioned in other threads, I am new to the podcasts. Just listened to my third one!! DH has been hooked forever.

There are times I am laughing out loud at the team making fun of Bawb....at times he doesn't seem to "get" he is being made fun of and isn't always laughing along with them!

DH assures me it is all in good fun....so I guess I am looking to be told its okay to laugh at Bawb!!:lmao: :lmao:

They teach my son in school that you are as guilty as the bullies if you sit back and watch and do nothing about it. So, Bawb I will come to your rescue if you need it.....if not, I will continue to belly laugh right along with everyone else!!!

Say, what's your opinion on ordering a double cheeseburger, then asking for an extra bun at a counter service? :rotfl: Seriously, you are very sweet to point this out, but my take is that Bawb is way above any teasing and is "bullet proof" and I know Pete and all REALLY respect and love him and Bawb is okay with the ribbing...right, Bawb? Bawb?? Okay---now you have me wondering.... :hug:

Thats a very interesting theory....I think you could be on to something!!

Say, what's your opinion on ordering a double cheeseburger, then asking for an extra bun at a counter service? :rotfl:

Why??? what have you heard??? Dh told on me didn't he? :rotfl: :rotfl: That is my BEST money saving at Disney tip!

I generally agree that the teasing is all in fun, and Bob understands what is going on. I do think, however, that John's "Go lick the window" comment crossed the line. I just sounded mean and condescending.

Anyone with any doubt about how the PodSquad feels about fellow member, Bawb, needs to listen to the 10th anniversary show. Nothing but love and respect, and really would Pete share a room with the guy at the Contemporary if he didn't think he was tops!!

Honestly, I'm not even sure what Go Lick a Window means... :rotfl: John was just grumpy this week.

I'm so glad that the OP asked this question. I've been feeling really bad for Bawb too and there are times where he sounds very frustrated with the amount of teasing he gets. I've heard him try to get his Rapid Fire out and almost not be able to complete a sentence because he gets picked on so much!

Now..that being said..the whole Mojito and Franish thing was hysterically funny. :rotfl2:

Why does Bob have a cast on his foot? Sorry. but I've never heard what happened to his foot?

Why??? what have you heard??? Dh told on me didn't he? :rotfl: :rotfl: That is my BEST money saving at Disney tip!

I have not mentioned that to anybody. And for the record, we no longer partake in such acts. I could never live with myself. Think of all the poor patties that would be without buns if everyone did this.

Apparently you were right, honey......it is okay to laugh at Bawb! Sorry I doubted you!

Sometimes listening to them tease him makes me uncomfortable. I wouldn't want it to go so far to the other extreme that they can't kid around and are all walking on eggshells when talking to each other. I just wish they'd be a little kinder to him. It's not like they all get their fair share of teasing. The amount Bob gets is way out of proportion to what anyone else gets.

I think it's all a plot on Bawb's part. He sets himself up to be laughed at, then everyone feels sorry for him. ;)

After all, have any of the other podcast members received votes for President?

Kathy

Bob is going for the sympathy vote ;)

I'm sure you've heard Kevin say this before but apparently it needs to be repeated - we are all very good friends and all joking is done in the best of spirits. Bob, Diana, Kevin and I (and other friends) all go out to dinner together at least once a week. In addition, Bob, Diana, Kevin and I often vacation together. I have been friends with Bob for a very long time (longer than I have known Kevin) and we all have been through a lot together.

All of the teasing and making fun of Bob on the show is us just having a little fun. It is not meant to be mean-spirited or hurt anyone's feelings.

Also, Bob is vey well equipped to 'give it right back' to us if he wanted. I think it's pretty obvious that Bob is enjoying the support and attention you all give him when we do pick on him so instead of making fun of us right back he plays the martyr role a bit. Haven't you noticed the times some of us are having difficulty with pronouncing a name or town and Bob says 'I'll read it!!!' - knowing full well he'll mess it up worse than any of us could and we would make fun of him more?

Trust me when I tell you that No Bob's Were Harmed in the Making of this Podcast !!!!

John

I'm sure you've heard Kevin say this before but apparently it needs to be repeated - we are all very good friends and all joking is done in the best of spirits. Bob, Diana, Kevin and I (and other friends) all go out to dinner together at least once a week. In addition, Bob, Diana, Kevin and I often vacation together. I have been friends with Bob for a very long time (longer than I have known Kevin) and we all have been through a lot together.

All of the teasing and making fun of Bob on the show is us just having a little fun. It is not meant to be mean-spirited or hurt anyone's feelings.

Also, Bob is vey well equipped to 'give it right back' to us if he wanted. I think it's pretty obvious that Bob is enjoying the support and attention you all give him when we do pick on him so instead of making fun of us right back he plays the martyr role a bit. Haven't you noticed the times some of us are having difficulty with pronouncing a name or town and Bob says 'I'll read it!!!' - knowing full well he'll mess it up worse than any of us could and we would make fun of him more?

Trust me when I tell you that No Bob's Were Harmed in the Making of this Podcast !!!!

John

Oh I so know Bawb just LOVES the attention he gets from it all. He loves being in the "lil brother" roll... you know the "pig pile on Bawb" or "tickle torture" :rotfl: You guys just do it verbally, since, well... since someone could get really hurt doing a real pig pile :lmao:

Yes, it is more than OK to laugh at and with Bawb :thumbsup2 :laughing:

The good natured ribbing is part of what makes the podcast have a special charm to it. It adds to the feeling that I'm listening to friends/family. I have a feeling that if Bawb had enough of the teasing, then it would stop. Otherwise I would have a hard time with it.
Bawb, Dh and I happen to love 'Interventions' as much as you do. There is so much to do and learn there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter