Is it POSSIBLE?? AKL LITE IV?? You betcha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know - it stinks. I just don't want to ask my sweet hubby for yet another trip. Timing isn't right. But it shan't be long before I'm back in The World :cheer2: :rotfl:
:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 (I know that feeling well!! LOL)
:hug:

From your usual number of countdowns, I think you know the feeling a wee bit less well than I do :laughing: (jk)

:p

j/k back atcha! ;)

LOL - can you imagine if the jambo bunch all showed up at the same time - now that would be a party!!!

Those zebra domes look good! What are they? :confused3 Cookies, cake, cheesecake????

They are wonderful!

It's like a little cake, but the top is not frosting...it's a firmer top than frosting, but still soft. The inside is mousse, chocolate with a hint of coffee and alcohol. (but not overpowering at all)

Not everyone loves them, but those that do are a tad obsessed. :blush:

Beautiful pics Kim!! I can re-post some I took in December if ya'll are interested.

Love the pic of Kidani, my last visit to AKL Kidani was not built yet so I am quite excited about heading over there this trip to have a look see around it. And I know the first thing i will be trying this trip is the zebra domes , not sure if they were not around my last visit in 2005 or if I just missed them but you guys just keep posting the pics and tempting me with those mouth watering treats and now I read about pineapple upside down cheese cake too :banana:

Great pictures of Kidani....although for some reason I'm still more attached to Jambo. Maybe that because I can get my Mickey Waffles there? :confused3:rotfl:

Once we stayed at Kidani we were totally hooked! I don't care if we ever stay anywhere else. Thanks for the picture of our "home away from home".:goodvibes

were thinking about a trip for december 12-18 and thinking about either WL, AKL, POR, or All Star Sports. we have never stayed at AKL but saw pictures of there christmas tree and it is wonderful. so i was wondering how far is AKL from the parks? we will be using the busses.

IMHO AKL is not nearly as remote as some people claim. But shh!!! let it be our little secret.

Here you can see an overview of WDW: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm

AKL is #30 in the lower left corner next to the Animal Kingdom Park.

The little cluster of three resorts right down the road, still lower left of the map is where the All Star's are. Next closest is Coronado Springs.

AK is really almost as close to Epcot and the Studios as the MK resorts, it is closer to the Water Parks. The only park that is really a bit longer to get to is MK, and it is maybe 5-10 minutes more than any of the other non-MK resorts by car.

Well, called today and made my reservation for the Wanyama Safari for 11/30/10, so I thought I should wander on over here and join ya'll. We're arriving 11/29, staying in a 1br savanna view-Jambo and thought it would be nice to know more about the critters while we were there. I stayed @ AKL back in 2002, but it'll be my son's first stay. I've eaten @ Bomas, but never tried Jikos, so that'll be a treat as well.
Somehow making that call and talking to the perky cm makes it all so much more real.

thanks for the answers about the distance from the parks. i didnt think it was that far from them.

Well, called today and made my reservation for the Wanyama Safari for 11/30/10, so I thought I should wander on over here and join ya'll. We're arriving 11/29, staying in a 1br savanna view-Jambo and thought it would be nice to know more about the critters while we were there. I stayed @ AKL back in 2002, but it'll be my son's first stay. I've eaten @ Bomas, but never tried Jikos, so that'll be a treat as well.
Somehow making that call and talking to the perky cm makes it all so much more real.

You won't be disappointed! It is a wonderful experience!

Well, I've been lurking for a while, but can't resist the lure of a new thread installment, so I'm taking this opportunity to say Hi! And thanks for all the great info- y'all have helped me decide on a visit to AKL next trip 2011- split stay AKL and Poly. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and learn a lot here as the date approaches.

Hoping to stay at AKL pool view in a bunk bed room.
What do you all think of the bunk bed rooms??
When your kids came in from being out at the parks did they not want to lie on the bed b/c they couldn't see the tv?? Should I stay with a standard two bed room??

Also - can someone tell me what a zebra dome taste like?

Thanks

Hoping to stay at AKL pool view in a bunk bed room.
What do you all think of the bunk bed rooms??
When your kids came in from being out at the parks did they not want to lie on the bed b/c they couldn't see the tv?? Should I stay with a standard two bed room??

Also - can someone tell me what a zebra dome taste like?

Thanks

My girls (teens at the time) LOVED the bunk bed room! We were in a pool view room, Zebra Trail on lobby level (3rd floor), in the first pod of rooms off the lobby. #3422. And while most of the pool view rooms in that pod had a Boma roof view, this room had a great view of Uzima! :thumbsup2 (I do know that #3416 is not a bunk bed room since we also had that room - and it has a full-on Boma roof view!!!)

The room did feel a bit roomier than the std 2-bed room since the beds take up less floor space. :)

I'm not even going to try to explain Zebra Domes!! I'll let someone else tackle that for you!! :laughing: They're available at Boma and also in the Mara refrigerated case. The 2 taste very different; Boma's are at room temp, Mara's are chilled. I prefer them from Boma!! :goodvibes

Well, I've been lurking for a while, but can't resist the lure of a new thread installment, so I'm taking this opportunity to say Hi! And thanks for all the great info- y'all have helped me decide on a visit to AKL next trip 2011- split stay AKL and Poly. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and learn a lot here as the date approaches.

GREAT split :thumbsup2 We have done this a time or two and you will have the best of both worlds. Enjoy! :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter