Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand, she complained in that interview that the royals aren't being very nice to her. Ok, so she feels like an outsider.
If Meghan feels like an outsider, she should. She's newer to the family and I doubt there's been many cumulative hours spent together getting to know each other. She's also American, new to the monarchy situation, and new to the duties she's doing. Feeling like an outsider is not necessarily a negative thing, but just a fact. Some of it is incumbent upon her to amalgamate and get herself involved. If she's tried and failed and this is their solution, so be it. But I do hope she gave it the old college try.

I agree. It is quite a juxtaposition when you think about it - modern, fresh, powerful “woke” Meghan on the one hand, yet shriveling, crying, blaming, running off, “This isn’t working for me” on the other hand, after such a short go into something she well knew she was getting herself into. I’m not sure which she really is but it’s not how I think of strong women. I think others see this in her, too.

Queen Elizabeth, on the other hand, is a ROCK.
And the Queen always takes the long view into consideration.
I hope M&H start working towards that. It will be important for Archie in a few years.

I agree. It is quite a juxtaposition when you think about it - modern, fresh, powerful “woke” Meghan on the one hand, yet shriveling, crying, blaming, running off, “This isn’t working for me” on the other hand, after such a short go into something she well knew she was getting herself into. I’m not sure which she really is but it’s not how I think of strong women. I think others see this in her, too.

Queen Elizabeth, on the other hand, is a ROCK.

She can be a strong women, who may have mental health issues, postpartum depression.
I don’t want to go searching, and don’t want to misquote her interview, but if I recall her being asked if she was “Ok”, and her thanking that reporter for asking her, and saying she wasn’t. It really really hit home for me on multiple levels, we can be strong people, regardless of our sex, money in our bank Accounts, what we do for a living. I haven’t seen this mentioned on this thread, unless I missed it. It doesn’t make us strong or weak, and Harry has often spoke about his depression.
I also don’t think it makes the Queen looks stronger because she is so composed.

Last edited:
Strange though she talked about Harry and Meghan not Duke and duchess. He is going to regret this, as Charlotte George and Lous grow up they will be more interesting than the one who walked away. His time to earn money on being a former royal is going to be finite and when that happens will his wife want to stay with a has been nobody.

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen!

O Lord our God arise,
Scatter our enemies,
And make them fall!
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On Thee our hopes we fix,
God save us all!

Seems entirely appropriate today as The Queen very clearly demonstrated her nobility and graciousness.

The conduct of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex during the coming months will give great insight into their true characters. Self-serving or altruistic: Which will it be?

What actual racism have you actually proven? Everyone is supposed to be appalled at the mention of it because if YOU say its so, it must be? Seriously?

No one is upset because it is being discussed. In all reality, I don't think anyone here is upset at all. But you are managing to pull the race card out of your hindparts and start parading it around when you do not have a clue what you are even saying. Saying something negative about Meghan Markle or Will Smith or Oprah Winfrey does not mean anyone is being racist! It may actually mean that the person believes what ever the negative thing is they are saying or they are trying to sell papers or whatever. If they come up with some ridiculous stereotype to make their point, then THAT would be racist.

Do you also believe that Bills Cosby's accusers are racist? Because that would be the same thing. It can't be about what he did, right? He is a black man. It must be about race.

You sit there and say that people saying mean things about Meghan can ONLY be about race but when they say mean things about Camille its because of what she (and Charles) did. Do you not even get how messed up that is?

And funnily enough, another poster brought the fact that Prince Phillip has said made some racist remarks. No one debated it. No one said anything except perhaps that is what has Meghan and Harry wanting to leave. But you see, that is the difference. The difference in making stuff up as you go along and making an actual statement about what someone did or said. WAAAAAAAYYYY different. But then it depends on whether someone is fishing or not, doesn't it?

Will read the full post when I have time. But in the meantime, I’ll start a second card. I’ve got B!

She can be a strong women, who may have mental health issues, postpartum depression.
I don’t want to go searching, and don’t want to misquote her interview, but if I recall her being asked if she was “Ok”, and her thanking that reporter for asking her, and saying she wasn’t. It really really hit home for me on multiple levels, we can be strong people, regardless of our sex, money in our bank Accounts, what we do for a living. I haven’t seen this mentioned on this thread, unless I missed it. It doesn’t make us strong or weak, and Harry has often spoke about his depression.
I also don’t think it makes the Queen looks stronger because she is so composed.

That's entirely true. I think those are private issues that they (or anyone for that matter) should have the right to keep private at their discretion.
Simply because they may have some emotional or psychological issues does not however mean they should have carte blanche, their opinions are the only ones to consider or accept, or that they are necessarily correct about how they "feel" they are being treated. They absolutely should be given all the time and space they need to seek treatment to be healthy if necessary.

I do however think the Queen has to be given the nod for being incredibly strong to maintain such composure over all the decades. No doubt she's done so at personal cost many, many times and I'm sure it's caused some relationship turbulence and fallout, regrets from time to time and probably plenty of sorrow to go around. It's not necessarily that I'd agree with all of her choices, but I think she feels obligated to her position, the commitment she made -- and probably on some level feels she owes it to her father, someone for whom she knows the job was almost impossible to take on, yet he carried on despite his extreme discomfort.

I am sensitive to mental health issues. I just never saw any mention of pp depression in relation to Meghan. Adjustment issues for sure, which were evident even before the pregnancy. It’s her right to keep it private so it’s possible there was more.

It seemed sort of ironic, though, that she would complain that no one asked if she was ok when she hadn’t asked her own father if he was ok after he had a heart attack and surgery while she was wedding planning.

It definitely is nice to be cared about when we’re going through tough times.

I took another look around to see if I missed something about that with Meghan. I thought this poster Carla Berlusconi had a sensible response:

https://www.quora.com/Do-you-think-Meghan-Markle-is-suffering-from-postnatal-depression
That's entirely true. I think those are private issues that they (or anyone for that matter) should have the right to keep private at their discretion.
Simply because they may have some emotional or psychological issues does not however mean they should have carte blanche, their opinions are the only ones to consider or accept, or that they are necessarily correct about how they "feel" they are being treated. They absolutely should be given all the time and space they need to seek treatment to be healthy if necessary.

I do however think the Queen has to be given the nod for being incredibly strong to maintain such composure over all the decades. No doubt she's done so at personal cost many, many times and I'm sure it's caused some relationship turbulence and fallout, regrets from time to time and probably plenty of sorrow to go around. It's not necessarily that I'd agree with all of her choices, but I think she feels obligated to her position, the commitment she made -- and probably on some level feels she owes it to her father, someone for whom she knows the job was almost impossible to take on, yet he carried on despite his extreme discomfort.
This

You obviously didn't read the link you posted. LOL
:o Of course I did read it - I was making a (failed) attempt at hyperbole. :blush:

No matter - anything more I could say about the situation today would make me sound like a grumpy old bat. The entire affair just seems SO trivial and the preoccupation with it inappropriate as Canada grieves the loss of 60 innocent citizens recklessly obliterated over a soccer field in Iran. :sad1: There's about a million things here in the real world that matter more.

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen!

O Lord our God arise,
Scatter our enemies,
And make them fall!
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On Thee our hopes we fix,
God save us all!

Seems entirely appropriate today as The Queen very clearly demonstrated her nobility and graciousness.

The conduct of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex during the coming months will give great insight into their true characters. Self-serving or altruistic: Which will it be?
It definitely hasn’t started on a positive note. Asking Iger to give his wife a job at a red carpet event was a bit tacky. Harry knows better. I think he’s in over his head.

;) Heh heh heh. The mighty Queen of England submits to the demands of a half-black American woman. Great job, Meghan!!!! USA kicks Britain's butt yet again!!! 🇺🇲

I am sensitive to mental health issues. I just never saw any mention of pp depression in relation to Meghan. Adjustment issues for sure, which were evident even before the pregnancy. It’s her right to keep it private so it’s possible there was more.

It seemed sort of ironic, though, that she would complain that no one asked if she was ok when she hadn’t asked her own father if he was ok after he had a heart attack and surgery while she was wedding planning.

I took another look around to see if I missed something about that with Meghan. I thought this poster Carla Berlusconi had a sensible response:

https://www.quora.com/Do-you-think-Meghan-Markle-is-suffering-from-postnatal-depression

This

I do know you are sensifive about it. Quite Honestly there is no way we will know for sure. I just take people who say they are not doing ok, to be telling the truth. Like I had mentioned, I feel no matter who we are, we should be able to say it.
i didn’t hear her complain, just a thank you for asking. I didn’t take it as a complaint, just emotional. And I really felt her there.

If, and that’s a big if, because again we don’t know, the press has such a field day, her father faking heart attacks, selling photos to the press, then just because (at least to me) he is her father, doesn’t give him a pass, if anything it is horrible. https://www.biography.com/news/meghan-markle-dad-thomas-relationship-press

;) Heh heh heh. The mighty Queen of England submits to the demands of a half-black American woman. Great job, Meghan!!!! USA kicks Britain's butt yet again!!! 🇺🇲
Elizabeth II is my Queen too and I am extremely proud of her. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 To serve and to put your country and your people before yourself and your own desires, for over seventy years is truly amazing, and she deserves as much respect as any military veteran.
The Duchess of Sussex is choosing to reside in Canada not the US. Maybe she is not as proud of the US as you are of her? In fact, by making Canada her makeshift home, publicly refusing to reside in the US, at least until another President is elected, is it arguable that she has slighted the people of the UK, Canada and the US?
I don’t think that the fat lady is singing yet!😉

I do know you are sensifive about it. Quite Honestly there is no way we will know for sure. I just take people who say they are not doing ok, to be telling the truth. Like I had mentioned, I feel no matter who we are, we should be able to say it.
i didn’t hear her complain, just a thank you for asking. I didn’t take it as a complaint, just emotional. And I really felt her there.

If, and that’s a big if, because again we don’t know, the press has such a field day, her father faking heart attacks, selling photos to the press, then just because (at least to me) he is her father, doesn’t give him a pass, if anything it is horrible. https://www.biography.com/news/meghan-markle-dad-thomas-relationship-press
So, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree? Meghan has aired family grievances (THE Royal family's!!!) in public and IS cashing in!!! 🙄 Tacky, tacky, tacky!!!

This

Her father kept doing dumb things and opening his mouth. One thing the royals are huge on is not dishing to the tabloids like her dad kept doing.

Elizabeth II is my Queen too and I am extremely proud of her. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 To serve and to put your country and your people before yourself and your own desires, for over seventy years is truly amazing, and she deserves as much respect as any military veteran.
The Duchess of Sussex is choosing to reside in Canada not the US. Maybe she is not as proud of the US as you are of her? In fact, by making Canada her makeshift home, publicly refusing to reside in the US, at least until another President is elected, is it arguable that she has slighted the people of the UK, Canada and the US?

This is just bizarre. Maybe the queen wishes she had done things better, especially as a mother. You have strange views of how things are "supposed to be".

It’s no loss to the US.

To the best of my knowledge he actually did have two heart attacks and heart surgery. He ignored his symptoms for a while because of all the wedding hoopla. He was lucky he lived.

Her father kept doing dumb things and opening his mouth. One thing the royals are huge on is not dishing to the tabloids like her dad kept doing.
He’s a sad, lonely, unwell man who subsists on cheap fast food and doesn’t leave his home much. Unwittingly his daughter became an international celebrity overnight, and he didn’t know how to handle it. Unscrupulous reporters befriended him and paid him for information, and maybe he was happy to have a little attention. Not everyone knows how to deal with sudden fame like that. Many felt the RF should have offered him some help with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter