Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said "It's going to gradually become very transparent what they are doing."
That statement comes across like they are hiding something, and their "scheme" will eventually become known.
It just seemed like a weird way to say- splitting your time between 2 countries isn't a simple solution.
I'm good with your correction. Shall we move along?
It will be interesting to see how this plan evolves.

Breaking news on both sides of the pond..

The Queen has given the Sussexes her full blessing to step back from full royal duties.

My thoughts.. being a Grandma who loves her grandson & has a lovely strong relationship with Harry, has trumped being a Monarch who has more years as the Queen behind her then in front of her. God bless her, she’s team family first. 😉

Family. Because family. Nothing to see here, folks — just one big happy family! And for the record, family.

Which circles back to this quote:

I guess the photos throughout the years and their statements about being close, especially Harry’s bond with William, the Queen and Prince Phillip, could all be lies and propaganda.
It’s all about image and maintaining public perception. We have no idea what kind of tensions exist behind closed palace doors, but it sounds like Harry held strong and refused to fall back in line with the “family agenda.”

Of course they could. None of us know what the relationship is really like.

I remember when we stopped speaking to my MIL. Her friends were shocked amd went on and on about how shameful it was that we were treating her that way. I'm sure the story she told them painted her as an innocent victim. The reality was far from.

Looks can be deceiving. Maybe Megan IS a wife-zilla...or maybe the Queen IS an over bearing ogre...or maybe Harry IS a brat...or it could be completely different. None of us live those lives or walk in those shoes and are privy to the truth of the relationships.
Meghan has relationship issues with her family AND his family. Could be that EVERYONE picks on her and she is a victim (or just has that mentality). It has nothing to do with her actions or behavior including interviews or "leaks" that haven't been denied.

Meghan has relationship issues with her family AND his family. Could be that EVERYONE picks on her and she is a victim (or just has that mentality). It has nothing to do with her actions or behavior including interviews or "leaks" that haven't been denied.
I'd have issues with my father and his kids if they were whack a doos, too. She is not the problem there.

Not my monkey. Not my circus. You just don't know unless its you.

My apologies, I guess it wasn't beneath you.

I wasn't denigrating anyone, merely suggesting my suspicions about what could be driving some of the behaviors and attitudes that have been publicly voiced. Of course it's much more likely that you are in a better position than I am to intuit what my words meant, so keep flinging the mud and you're bound to convince everyone.

The Queen has given the Sussexes her full blessing to step back from full royal duties.

My thoughts.. being a Grandma who loves her grandson & has a lovely strong relationship with Harry, has trumped being a Monarch who has more years as the Queen behind her then in front of her. God bless her, she’s team family first. 😉
Interesting that the Queen referred to them as Meghan and Harry.

You can tell from this thread that there are a lot of posters that don't normally follow H&M or the RF. Not that there's anything wrong with that :teeth: but it's evident in the details.

I believe strongly that the people of the UK were genuinely happy for long-suffering Harry to have found love and happiness with Meghan. All this talk of racism is not something I've seen (as a just-for-fun follower myself since Diana's first days with Charles). There is plenty of information about them out there besides in just the tabloids, including interviews they give themselves.

H&M were given almost carte blanch for their broadcast-around-the-world $30million wedding, but there were a couple of snags on their part: There was a fray over the tiara Meghan wanted to wear which was not available, in which Harry proclaimed to staff, "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!"; Kate leaving a dress fitting for Princess Charlotte in tears; Prince Charles walking Meghan down the aisle because Meghan's own father was not invited despite being alive and well in Mexico - in fact not inviting ANY of her family except her mother; and H&M inviting A List celebrities for the front of the church who were "new friends" instead of many of Harry's older friends who'd supported him over the years and he served in the military with, etc. Yet these were overlooked.

Then, however, one by one many of their staff quit. Reports from insiders were that Meghan was difficult to deal with. Then there were reports of a rift with W&K - they split from the charities they ran with them, wanted separate offices from the ones they shared with them, the housing debacle (leaving Kensington Palace for Frogmore and splitting staff they shared with them), then crickets about the baby, reports the press were being unfair to them, among many other issues. I take articles in the press with a grain of salt, but what's really telling are the Comments from the people of the UK and abroad. People were starting to wonder what was up, especially with the baby as H&M went completely against tradition with the doctor, the hospital, and the radio silence when admirers were waiting for news and pictures. Reports were also that Meghan had dropped a lot of people she was once close to, as evidenced by her estrangement from almost her entire family except her Mom, an ex-husband and lots of other friends and business associates, per their own words - people saw that as the beginning of estrangement from the RF members themselves, which was sad as Harry was always very close to his family, especially his father and brother, and even Kate.

As Americans we may have a hard time understanding that people of the UK more than adore their monarchy and traditions; it's who they are. So this is some of what caused the people to begin to raise eyebrows. The Queen is always cognizant of how the RF appears to the public because over the last hundred years or more there has been public scrutiny about whether or not the monarchy should continue. (I mentioned some of this on the Prince Andrew thread a month or two back and got the same type of backlash we're seeing here.) In the past year or so Queen Elizabeth, at 92-93, has had to deal with her husband causing a car accident while driving at age 97 or so and hurting people including a young girl, the broadcast of the Prince Andrew association with convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, the ongoing and increasing dislike and disrespect of H&M, then the bombshell interview from Africa where Meghan said basically that she didn't feel cared about.

I agree that if they want to go, they should go, but that they should be truly independent financially and not continue to take money from the Duchy account, or keep the Frogmore house, etc. There were polls done this weekend and many people are pretty outraged at the timing of this and demands on the Queen, etc.. I think Meghan should've stayed with Harry for these meetings, as well, but I'm not surprised that Archie was left in Canada. It feels to me that that was insurance that he and they could not be somehow forced to stay in the UK, which could've been a worry. The latest "news", if true, that H&M are threatening a "tell all" video about the RF if they don't get their way, and that they really want to live in LA, not Canada, but they won't do it until Trump is no longer president, just keeps getting worse and worse for them (insulting the people of Canada and half of the U.S., essentially).

I agree that probably the tax (which could be millions per year, X2 places) and the security (who pays?) issues are going to be two of the hardest to overcome. Whether they keep the "HRH" and titles will probably tell a lot about how this is going to go forward; without them, they may not get very far, aka plain 'ol Harry and Meghan Windsor :rolleyes1 , not HRH the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

You posted this as I was writing. Pretty telling. As I mentioned, the Queen is extremely cognizant of how the RF is perceived by the public, and the UK public seems to have had enough as told in polls and their Comments to stories. Royal aides were hard at work for the past several days round the clock trying to figure out the right thing to do. All the Queen has to do is give the stamp of approval, after input from Charles and William, who share the same concerns the Queen has.

Be careful, that kind of loose talk could bring an accusation of subliminal racism from some of our more "woke" posters such as, if my memory serves me, Boardwalk Jar Jar Binks. Some of us have no problem with it however.

ford family

Bingo! I had a card set up with the names of those expected to be more upset at racism being discussed than the actual racism. You completed it!

It's not like the Queen had any real choice in the matter. She's not an Elizabeth I with actual power to stop it.

Interesting that the Queen referred to them as Meghan and Harry.
This is pure speculation.. but she is human and a Grandma so the PR machine first goes with the human factor.. Of course grandma is going to support them. Which Grandmother wouldnt't support any adult grandchilds decision on how to live their life? But... as they stated they are working on details.. I can now see another official statement coming from the "Crown". This is less personal and more state department driven, referring to them with their titles and then giving details.. These details are speculation. Could very well focus more on what they need to give up "work wise" for their independence.. ex. titles...

Let's speculate even more.. maybe she cant refer to them as D/D Sussex as they no longer are???

I think that:

- Prince Harry & his wife have handled the PR of this very poorly. For a Hollywood actress and a guy who's basically spent his entire life in the public eye...they bumbled this up pretty well.

- Meghan should have gone with Harry to the big family meeting. She's talking out of both sides of her mouth. You can't have it both ways. On the one hand, she complained in that interview that the royals aren't being very nice to her. Ok, so she feels like an outsider. Well, give it some time, lady, you haven't been married to him for very long. Second of all, putting that in the news in an interview for basically the whole world to see certainly doesn't make your extended family (in-laws) think that you want to resolve it...it makes it look like she just wants attention. And then when there's an opportunity for her to go and sort things out with Gran and Meghan's father-in-law, she stays thousands of miles away....yet says "I feel excluded!"

- I've read some of the rumors about how she's treated some of the staff poorly, talked down to them, been rude to them. Man, she really needs to go take some lessons from somebody over there on formal British manners.

- Earth to Meghan...the UK isn't Hollywood. You need to talk about your feelings? Do that privately, with a best friend, or with a therapist. Don't do it in a TV interview.

- Harry - get your stuff together, man.

- I don't give a rip about any of their pet projects, their climate change lecturing while they are galavanting around the world on jet planes, etc. But when your yearly allowance is from your rich dad is more than most people earn, don't complain about your royal duties to us. Move out of the mansion-cottage in the UK. Buy your own place to live with your own money. Move out of the Vancouver mansion that your rich friend is letting you stay in for weeks...Buy your own place to live. And for God's sake, keep your mouths shut about politics. If you want any hope of making some money off of commercializing your "Sussex Royal" brand, do what the queen does and keep it all non-political.

- Meghan probably has, like, ZERO clue on how to deal with extended family. Her own extended family is a train wreck. And then she CHOSE to marry into an extended family on her husband's side which has, literally, ALL of their dirty laundry aired in the British press all of the time. Yet she doesn't want that either. Or she does want the attention...until it becomes bothersome and then she wants to run away.

7-8 years and they'll be divorced. Meghan will be living in LA. Harry will be miserable. Meghan will try to use her fame to get back into the acting business, but by then she'll have a reputation of being very difficult to work with. Their son will be schlepped back and forth between LA and London.

Bingo! I had a card set up with the names of those expected to be more upset at racism being discussed than the actual racism. You completed it!

What actual racism have you actually proven? Everyone is supposed to be appalled at the mention of it because if YOU say its so, it must be? Seriously?

No one is upset because it is being discussed. In all reality, I don't think anyone here is upset at all. But you are managing to pull the race card out of your hindparts and start parading it around when you do not have a clue what you are even saying. Saying something negative about Meghan Markle or Will Smith or Oprah Winfrey does not mean anyone is being racist! It may actually mean that the person believes what ever the negative thing is they are saying or they are trying to sell papers or whatever. If they come up with some ridiculous stereotype to make their point, then THAT would be racist.

Do you also believe that Bills Cosby's accusers are racist? Because that would be the same thing. It can't be about what he did, right? He is a black man. It must be about race.

You sit there and say that people saying mean things about Meghan can ONLY be about race but when they say mean things about Camille its because of what she (and Charles) did. Do you not even get how messed up that is?

And funnily enough, another poster brought the fact that Prince Phillip has said made some racist remarks. No one debated it. No one said anything except perhaps that is what has Meghan and Harry wanting to leave. But you see, that is the difference. The difference in making stuff up as you go along and making an actual statement about what someone did or said. WAAAAAAAYYYY different. But then it depends on whether someone is fishing or not, doesn't it?

I think that:

- Prince Harry & his wife have handled the PR of this very poorly. For a Hollywood actress and a guy who's basically spent his entire life in the public eye...they bumbled this up pretty well.

- Meghan should have gone with Harry to the big family meeting. She's talking out of both sides of her mouth. You can't have it both ways. On the one hand, she complained in that interview that the royals aren't being very nice to her. Ok, so she feels like an outsider. Well, give it some time, lady, you haven't been married to him for very long. Second of all, putting that in the news in an interview for basically the whole world to see certainly doesn't make your extended family (in-laws) think that you want to resolve it...it makes it look like she just wants attention. And then when there's an opportunity for her to go and sort things out with Gran and Meghan's father-in-law, she stays thousands of miles away....yet says "I feel excluded!"

- I've read some of the rumors about how she's treated some of the staff poorly, talked down to them, been rude to them. Man, she really needs to go take some lessons from somebody over there on formal British manners.

- Earth to Meghan...the UK isn't Hollywood. You need to talk about your feelings? Do that privately, with a best friend, or with a therapist. Don't do it in a TV interview.

- Harry - get your stuff together, man.

- I don't give a rip about any of their pet projects, their climate change lecturing while they are galavanting around the world on jet planes, etc. But when your yearly allowance is from your rich dad is more than most people earn, don't complain about your royal duties to us. Move out of the mansion-cottage in the UK. Buy your own place to live with your own money. Move out of the Vancouver mansion that your rich friend is letting you stay in for weeks...Buy your own place to live. And for God's sake, keep your mouths shut about politics. If you want any hope of making some money off of commercializing your "Sussex Royal" brand, do what the queen does and keep it all non-political.

- Meghan probably has, like, ZERO clue on how to deal with extended family. Her own extended family is a train wreck. And then she CHOSE to marry into an extended family on her husband's side which has, literally, ALL of their dirty laundry aired in the British press all of the time. Yet she doesn't want that either. Or she does want the attention...until it becomes bothersome and then she wants to run away.

7-8 years and they'll be divorced. Meghan will be living in LA. Harry will be miserable. Meghan will try to use her fame to get back into the acting business, but by then she'll have a reputation of being very difficult to work with. Their son will be schlepped back and forth between LA and London.
I agree. It is quite a juxtaposition when you think about it - modern, fresh, powerful “woke” Meghan on the one hand, yet shriveling, crying, blaming, running off, “This isn’t working for me” on the other hand, after such a short go into something she well knew she was getting herself into. I’m not sure which she really is but it’s not how I think of strong women. I think others see this in her, too.

Queen Elizabeth, on the other hand, is a ROCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter