Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people need to realize that being a working member of the royal family with emphasis on the word working one has to adhere to a standard set of norms and rules just like any working member of a company does. Granted being a member of the royal family via birth or marriage is often a gray line between working and your own personal life.

The fact is a working member of the royal family has an official position in representing The Crown.
The crown meaning you are an official representative of the British Commonwealth and the United Kingdom when it comes to state activities. And just like any employer employee relationship one has to add her to your employer standards. This is why the Royals themselves refer to their lives as working quote for “‘the firm”. Many people on Twitter we’re giving Snark to the Royal family assuming that Megan was the one that came up with this term in spite when she talked about it in the teaser.

Maybe we will find out later today What Harry and Megan are referring to when they were being “silenced”. This is what peeves many people off about Megan. We all assume she was an adult, smart woman who walked into a marriage knowing what she was getting herself into. Fact is this was not your typical marriage between a man and a woman but you were also marrying his job and the responsibilities that came with it. They made a choice and they wanted to leave and that’s OK. But then don’t go on national TV with Oprah and tell the world how restrained and silenced you were When you knew darn well what you were getting yourself into. Now I’m just assuming this is what the conversation later tonight is going to be about. Who knows.

You don't have to agree with everyanyone else in these chats, but the cheap insults (masquerading as humor) and the condescending comments aimed at people who just want to chat about the very topic of this thread, are just a form of passive aggression.

Note to self: Probably better ignored, too.

Last edited:
I think people need to realize that being a working member of the royal family with emphasis on the word working one has to adhere to a standard set of norms and rules just like any working member of a company does. Granted being a member of the royal family via birth or marriage is often a gray line between working and your own personal life.

The fact is a working member of the royal family has an official position in representing The Crown.
The crown meaning you are an official representative of the British Commonwealth and the United Kingdom when it comes to state activities. And just like any employer employee relationship one has to add her to your employer standards. This is why the Royals themselves refer to their lives as working quote for “‘the firm”. Many people on Twitter we’re giving Snark to the Royal family assuming that Megan was the one that came up with this term in spite when she talked about it in the teaser.

Maybe we will find out later today What Harry and Megan are referring to when they were being “silenced”. This is what peeves many people off about Megan. We all assume she was an adult, smart woman who walked into a marriage knowing what she was getting herself into. Fact is this was not your typical marriage between a man and a woman but you were also marrying his job and the responsibilities that came with it. They made a choice and they wanted to leave and that’s OK. But then don’t go on national TV with Oprah and tell the world how restrained and silenced you were When you knew darn well what you were getting yourself into. Now I’m just assuming this is what the conversation later tonight is going to be about. Who knows.

I have never been to England and never seen a royal, but even I knew what she was getting herself into. I have an extremely hard time believing she didn’t know what she was getting herself into. The entire world knew. We knew the paparazzi would be an intense mess, she would always be scrutinized and in the public eye, and even compared to Kate the Great simply because the obnoxious papers can. We knew she would be expected to follow traditions and silly rules about things even as small as nail Polish and panty hose. So I don’t buy the “I didn’t know” act for a second because the entire world knew. And they bent rules for her they never bent for Kate, which is fine. But she knew exactly what she was getting into.

I can only see the title behind the paywall. I’m so torn between wanting to read it and not wanting to register! Lol
But what a great title!
My husband informed me half an hour ago that I won’t be able to watch the interview because we don’t get CBS. I told him to figure it out before 8 o’clock. He came back saying he’d signed us up for some free trial and now he can stream Star Trek. :rotfl: Win win!

Won't watch. Hope others don't watch, too.
It totally escapes me why anyone would think it's a good idea to air dirty family laundry in the middle of a pandemic, when most families are trying so very hard to find ways to be together.

Thanks but no thanks.

Yeah not watching. I feel sorry for his family. I think if you air dirty laundry it should be anonymously on a message board only
:tilt:
I also just don’t enjoy listening to the entitled rich preach about their perceived issues in the world. They don’t know our suffering. I’ve been through 2 major hurricanes, a tropical storm and a record breaking ice storm (which I endured with holes still in my roof, wet insulation and unsealed windows) on top of a pandemic, live in a disaster zone where everyone is fighting for crumbs from their insurance companies and fema and currently have 3 friends in ICU w/ covid. I have no interest in hearing them complain about how oppressed they were up in their palace.

Yeah not watching. I feel sorry for his family. I think if you air dirty laundry it should be anonymously on a message board only
I also just don’t enjoy listening to the entitled rich preach about their perceived issues in the world. They don’t know our suffering. I’ve been through 2 major hurricanes, a tropical storm and a record breaking ice storm (which I endured with holes still in my roof, wet insulation and unsealed windows) on top of a pandemic, live in a disaster zone where everyone is fighting for crumbs from their insurance companies and fema and currently have 3 friends in ICU w/ covid. I have no interest in hearing them complain about how oppressed they were up in their palace.
:grouphug:

I disagree. Sarah Ferguson has always been self-effacing, and very loyal to the queen in particular. She typically spends a lot of time in interviews talking about her personality faults and the mistakes that she knows she made. She complains about the challenges she faced in the royal family, but not in a way that implicates other royals at all.

Sarah also stuck it out for much longer than Meghan and also had a much harder time: her husband was active duty in the Navy throughout their marriage & therefore was almost always absent, while she had to learn how to navigate being a new royal and deal with a sometimes hostile press without him there to support or guide her.
And Andy and Fergie still live together...right?

Okay is anyone going to take one for the team and watch this train wreck. Sorry but I can't. Hoping someone unbiased has the courage to sit through it and give us a recap. Selfish? Yes but I'm still hoping!

After this interview, I'm hoping the royal family just washes their hands of H&M and cuts them off from the family's wealth and connections. H&M might be able to ride this issue a couple of more years to make more money, etc. but it's going to get to a point where no one will care anymore. No matter what these two think or say, they are not Princess Diana. Do I think these two are talented enough on their own to sustain their media/creative endeavors...nope. Those lucrative deals that they've been getting will be drying up in no time IMO.

This American is just so sick of seeing them pop up everywhere she goes for news (Nightly News, The Today Show, etc.). They are not the news!

How do you like a post without liking what happened to the poster? :flower3:

Anyone watching? No way am I buying her story that she didn’t know she was expected to curtsy when greeting the queen. And that they royals are something bigger than a Hollywood celebrity.

this woman is playing the victim role. She has alienated her entire family and is now alienating his entire family too.

she should not be airing these things publicly. It’s ugly.

And Andy and Fergie still live together...right?

Okay is anyone going to take one for the team and watch this train wreck. Sorry but I can't. Hoping someone unbiased has the courage to sit through it and give us a recap. Selfish? Yes but I'm still hoping!
I can't. I'm taping it in case I change my mind. So I'll be watching for updates on whether it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter