Is Food and Wine worth it?

J-Dog

A Nobody
Hi. I'm simply looking for opinions for our specific situation here. Any replies are welcome. Hopefully the Restaurant category was correct for this question - mods, please move if I'm wrong, thank you.

Basically, we have 5-day NON Park Hopper tickets, and we plan (unless Covid gets worse) to visit for the first 2 weeks of October.

Since we have 5 days, we had planned to go to each park once, and then MK twice. However, I am thinking about possibly doing Epcot twice, since we are really hoping to do Space 220 once, and don't really want to totally over-do it at F&W, and then go to Space for the first time on the same day. The problem, however, is that most opinions I'm reading is that Epcot, with all the construction, is currently a 1-day park at most, and some people are not recommending it at all.

Now, Epcot is my personal favorite park, but I am traveling with 5 other people, 2 of whom are kids, so my own opinion is not all that important in our plans. We are doing Epcot one day for sure, because I want Space 220 (and one kid loves Soarin'), but can't decide if we should do 2 days of MK for the kids, or 2 days of Epcot for F&W.

We go to WDW about once every 2-3 years, but we have never done F&W before, so that may be a factor in deciding (maybe?).

Thanks for any and all advice.

Last edited:
Also wondering how long the lines are anticipated to be for F&W in October. We're not going on Oct 1, but probably later that week. Thanks!

Hi. I'm simply looking for opinions for our specific situation here. Any replies are welcome. Hopefully the Restaurant category was correct for this question - mods, please move if I'm wrong, thank you.

Basically, we have 5-day NON Park Hopper tickets, and we plan (unless Covid gets worse) to visit for the first 2 weeks of October.

Since we have 5 days, we had planned to go to each park once, and then MK twice. However, I am thinking about possibly doing Epcot twice, since we are really hoping to do Space 220 once, and don't really want to totally over-do it at F&W, and then go to Space for the first time on the same day. The problem, however, is that most opinions I'm reading is that Epcot, with all the construction, is currently a 1-day park at most, and some people are not recommending it at all.

Now, Epcot is my personal favorite park, but I am traveling with 5 other people, 2 of whom are kids, so my own opinion is not all that important in our plans. We are doing Epcot one day for sure, because I want Space 220 (and one kid loves Soarin'), but can't decide if we should do 2 days of MK for the kids, or 2 days of Epcot for F&W.

We go to WDW about once every 2-3 years, but we have never done F&W before, so that may be a factor in deciding (maybe?).

Thanks for any and all advice.
Since you have kids I would say MK is the better options for the 2 days. If we weren’t bringing kids I’d do two days at Epcot since you can’t eat at all the booths in even 2 days. If the kids are teenagers though food booths might appeal to them for two days.

Also wondering how long the lines are anticipated to be for F&W in October. We're not going on Oct 1, but probably later that week. Thanks!
The lines are long especially in the evenings and especially on the weekends as a lot of locals go at that time too.

If you're planning to dine at Space 220 then you will eat very little at the food booths in a single day. If you're kids are picky eaters F&W may not be enjoyable. If the adults in your group are foodies then F&W is a must and totally worth it.

Thanks very much t everyone who took the energy to reply. The kids are 17 and 3, so I'm still a little bit torn - the 3-year old will want 2 days at MK, I'm sure, but the 17-year old will probably want F&W (well, food anyway).

If you're planning to dine at Space 220 then you will eat very little at the food booths in a single day. If you're kids are picky eaters F&W may not be enjoyable. If the adults in your group are foodies then F&W is a must and totally worth it.

This was exactly my thinking. I don't want to load up on F&W and then be full before eating at Space 220. I personally would rather do 2 days of Epcot for F&W than 2 days at MK, but I have 5 other opinions to consider.

We don't do Park Hoppers because we never use them, but this would be a great case for hopping to Epcot. But it's too late for that for us.

Still no decision, Lol, but I very much appreciate the expert advice.

This may not be an option for you depending on your other plans, but thought I'd throw this out there. You say you are going to be there for the first 2 weeks of October but have a 5 day ticket. Adding on a 6th day is very inexpensive. I just checked on the difference in cost of a 5 day vs a 6 day ticket beginning on Oct 1, and it's around $24 including tax per ticket. That's quite a bit less than adding on the PH option.

You may have other plans and adding on another day won't work for you, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Space 220 might be very difficult to secure. I would love to be able to do it on our trip, but I am definitely not setting it in stone as if its going to happen. If you can't then you can F&W your way around EPCOT.

F&W has been going on since mid-July. And the booths that were supposed to open on 10/1 are already open. So maybe less appeal for bloggers and locals with respect to the booths. However, the crowds in EPCOT in early October may be more focused on seeing the France Expansion/Ratatouille. That may drive the crowds.

Unless the kids are foodies, F&W will wear thin quickly. Space 220 is a total unknown. It's supposed to open mid-September, but what if it doesn't? Also the menu is not known, only that it's a prix-fixe menu (with a possible optional entree) and who knows how that will work out for families? Then there's the "Will it be any good?" question.

Not sure what to suggest on planning, but with no option to hop there are only a limited number of attractions to fill up a whole day.

I don't know the family dynamics, but is it possible that the 17 yr old might go do some rides with the 3 yr. old while the adults enjoy the kiosks? Might not work but thought I'd throw that out there.

This may not be an option for you depending on your other plans, but thought I'd throw this out there. You say you are going to be there for the first 2 weeks of October but have a 5 day ticket. Adding on a 6th day is very inexpensive. I just checked on the difference in cost of a 5 day vs a 6 day ticket beginning on Oct 1, and it's around $24 including tax per ticket. That's quite a bit less than adding on the PH option.

You may have other plans and adding on another day won't work for you, but thought it was worth mentioning.
That's a very good idea. We are going to OU and SW and have a few other plans, so we would need to cancel something, but it might be worth it. That way the kids still have 2 days at MK.

Space 220 might be very difficult to secure. I would love to be able to do it on our trip, but I am definitely not setting it in stone as if its going to happen. If you can't then you can F&W your way around EPCOT.

F&W has been going on since mid-July. And the booths that were supposed to open on 10/1 are already open. So maybe less appeal for bloggers and locals with respect to the booths. However, the crowds in EPCOT in early October may be more focused on seeing the France Expansion/Ratatouille. That may drive the crowds.

Yes, but assuming it opens in mid-September when they said it will, at this point ADRs will be an even playing field - which we don't usually get since we always stay off-site. It might be a free-for-all getting an ADR, but we have as good of a chance as anyone, right?

I agree with Pens Fan — if you can get a 6th day, do 2 days each EP and MK. If only 5 days, why not ask your group? Present all of the considerations (lots of good ones here!), then let the group decide with majority rules. Whatever you end up doing, have a great time!

Yes, but assuming it opens in mid-September when they said it will, at this point ADRs will be an even playing field - which we don't usually get since we always stay off-site. It might be a free-for-all getting an ADR, but we have as good of a chance as anyone, right?

Even playing field yes. I just expect high demand for at least a year. Be ready at 5:45 the day the ADR is bookable with a good internet connection (multiple devices if possible) and quick fingers. Good Luck!

Epcot/F&W is our absolute favorite. We tried it the first time 3 years ago and are hooked. It is now a yearly tradition for my husband's birthday in October.

That being said, we leave our 4 kids at home for those visits. With kids, probably leave it at 1 day. They will tolerate the worlds, but certainly don't enjoy it like we do. We also don't do ADRs for F&W trips...plenty of food from the booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter