• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

Everything is so haphazard here - every single major sporting event is canceled, some cities are canceling St. Patty parades but some aren't. Some schools are completely shut down but our district isn't even limiting activities. It's really confusing when there isn't one coherent message being sent.

I agree. Haphazard is a good word. In my opinion either close all events or don't. Why a school an hour from us can be closed but 15 others in that school's area are not.......what purpose does it serve to close just that one????

Everything looks normal except my 401k.
So far a paper loss. Let me explain. The units I purchased are still the same, except the value is less. I'm in a better position than most because I'm old and don't need my 401k right now. Young people are in the best position because if they continue to make weekly deposits they're buying units at a lower costs. Only you know the stress level you can take. No one knows bottom. Good luck

I agree. Haphazard is a good word. In my opinion either close all events or don't. Why a school an hour from us can be closed but 15 others in that school's area are not.......what purpose does it serve to close just that one????

If you're talking about k-12 schools in Michigan I believe so far those decisions are being made according to identified potential cases linked to particular schools. Last I heard only one school system in the Detroit Metro has closed through tomorrow at this point. I'd guess it's happening while they wait for testing to come back.

My neighborhood Walmart was hopping. Had to park in the boonies. Had toilet paper but very little Kleenex. No Clorox wipes or rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer. I think we will hunker down for awhile.
Let’s shut down sporting events so everyone can congregate at Walmart and Costco. Makes sense to me.

Target in Covington, La is generally dead at 8:30 on a weekday but today it was pretty packed relatively speaking and I’m not exaggerating-literally every cart I saw had several packages of TP.....

Governor of Ohio just closed all schools in the state of Ohio for the next 3 week.

I just saw that. This is getting real crazy here in Ohio. I'm now worried that the Governor will next shut down all non essential businesses as well. This is all either sheer over-hyped panic or we are not being told the truth about this virus.

I just saw that. This is getting real crazy here in Ohio. I'm now worried that the Governor will next shut down all non essential businesses as well.

State workers are all being asked to work from home as well. We're partially funded by the state (Tri-C), but I don't think we're part of that right now.

State workers are all being asked to work from home as well. We're partially funded by the state (Tri-C), but I don't think we're part of that right now.

My wife works for a large bank and after today they are all working remote from home. That will work for her. I'm a sales manager at an auto dealership, no way to work remote for me. Glad I have a few bucks in the bank. I have a feeling the next couple of months are going to be crazy.

Update from NYC: Broadway is dark (i.e., all theaters closed) until April 13th. Metropolitan Museum, Met Opera, Carnegie Hall, and the NY Philharmonic are also closed until further notice.

I work in a hospital and we are much slower then we would normally be this time of year. There is something ironic about that.

My company's St Patrick's Day party this afternoon (I know...why today? Don't ask me) was cancelled. Our specific office stills get to do Pi Day tomorrow, but we have to promise to wash our hands first (seriously).

I am watching to see how this will affect where I work (timeshare, no I am not in sales lol)

And the Governor here in VA has declared a State of Emergency.

Live in TN and our first county case was today—no rubbing alcohol, no hand sanitizer anymore (I actually bought two regular size bottles earlier this week and always have 6-8 travel size) , wipes getting low but lots of Lysol aerosol and paper products. Daughter was just sent home with two weeks of work in case they don’t have school after spring break. We were supposed to go to Disney Saturday but that’s not happening anymore. The grocery store was definitely tense this morning. I bought extra juice to mix with my vodka

I just saw that. This is getting real crazy here in Ohio. I'm now worried that the Governor will next shut down all non essential businesses as well. This is all either sheer over-hyped panic or we are not being told the truth about this virus.

If you want a clearer picture, google some combination of "Dr. Fauci Congressional Testimony." He's the head of the NIAID and he testified in front of the House Oversight Committee yesterday and today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter