Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

Normal here in Seattle. School and work are still on. Traffic is lighter though. Hospitals really aren't filling up with sick people suprisingly.

DH told me yesterday his company has suspended international travel and no visits allowed from international vendors.

I guess we won't be going to Mexico, then. :( Nothing was said about leisure travel, but I assume he'd have to work from home for 14 days after. He said he wouldn't mind working from home for two weeks...he'd probably get a lot more work done. :laughing:

I don't know where you are but must be close to me as we are also an hour south (Stark County). Our school district just emailed parents to let them know school will remain open as of now, but to prepare for remote learning, and all trips, concerts, anything basically other than the actual school day has been canceled until further notice. My daughter was supposed to leave next Wed. for an orchestra trip to Chicago, my step-son to NYC for a theatre trip the week after that, both canceled. Kids are so disappointed, they've been planning and fundraising since last year! I am of course hoping to get my money refunded! That can go toward our own trip down the road.

I stopped at Target last night for cat food, not a single container of Lysol wipes, about half stocked with TP.
Hi neighbor. I am also in Stark County. In fact I live in the Perry School District. My daughter is no longer in the schools but is a senior at the University of Mount Union. Right now they are on spring break, but we are fully expecting them to go remote instead of live class rooms.

No cases here, but we are upstate. Once it works it's way up from NYC, we are all screwed. Many college kids are coming home from colleges that had an outbreak, so I won't be surprised when it happens.
I'm expecting the weekend spring officially begins (Mar 19-23) to be when the number of cases explode. Just a hunch but I'm kind of working my schedule around that and not putting anything important between that and Easter break.

Small world, step-son is at Perry, daughter is in Plain Local. Seems all the schools in the county are following the same protocol.

Small world, step-son is at Perry, daughter is in Plain Local. Seems all the schools in the county are following the same protocol.
Sure is a "Small World After all," my daughter graduated from Perry in 2016. This past year she was a teacher assistant teaching Japanese (she is majoring in Japanese & Marketing). If you ever see a red Honda Ridgeline with a Mickey trailer hitch on the back, give me a wave, that would be me. :)

Just a few days ago things were pretty normal across America. Today, things are no longer normal. :(
If things are no longer normal, that is good news. Perhaps people are starting to heed the warnings out of Italy and North America will act to flatten the curve that is the rate of infection. Time to act as a society not with the wants of the individual in mind.

They touch the containers. I am fine cooking through this period.

Aren't you worried about all of the fecal coliform that is labeled as fertilizer and gets sprayed on leafy greens in the farm fields? Due to the internal structure of the plant it is likely that you can't wash all of it off.

The NY Times has an article in which nursing homes are being encouraged to ban visitors. This makes perfect sense as they are the most vulnerable.
That isn't anything new. Our hospitals and nursing homes routinely ban visitors during this time of year.

If things are no longer normal, that is good news. Perhaps people are starting to heed the warnings out of Italy and North America will act to flatten the curve that is the rate of infection. Time to act as a society not with the wants of the individual in mind.

A real disconnect between what every place else is doing right now to flatten the curve and what Disney is doing. (Business as usual). My daughter's college spring break was just extended 2 weeks. I may have to WFH full-time soon. What is happening at DHS? 13,000 people crammed at the turnstiles to try to get boarding groups. :)

Are you both in Tennessee? I'm in the suburbs just outside of Memphis. According to this article, the state has decided to release the counties after all. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...e-covid-19-location-omission-sparks-questions

So far we have documented cases in:
- Davidson county- 1
- Shelby county- 1
- Sullivan county- 1
- Williamson county- 4

Here in Shelby county 70+ people are in quarantine. Including faculty/staff/students from Christian Brothers University, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, and a middle/high school in Memphis. I'm waiting to see what this week brings. I work for one of the universities listed and am waiting for the word that we will move online. I'd rather there be a pre-emtive move and not a delayed reaction. Especially since our students are more likely to interact with ill patients while doing their practicums.
Yes, I am in Knoxville. Though no confirmed cases, it’s probably here with people traveling to Gatlinburg/Smoky Mountains and people connecting Through TLANT/NYC/Chicago

Well, my son just texted me (works for a big corporation in the Northern VA area) and their entire corporate office (probably about 4,000 employees) has been told to go home and telework indefinitely. They didn't have an issue within the corporation (at least not that they have stated) but are doing it as cases rise in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter