Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

Queens.NY
Lots of people wear masks here all the time so thats not eerie. It doesn't even slike much more.Maybe cause no one can buy one.

OK in my area, but not my county. One confirmed case of COVID-19, out in the desert and one school closed down clear across the county (southwest portion of the county) for suspected COVID-19.

I’m in the Denver area and things seem normal. Low stock on TP, Clorox, ibuprofen, as others are reporting, but not fully gone from most places. First confirmed case here was last week. I just have to chuckle at my current situation. I was off work and a full-time online student for the past ten months. I just started a contract gig downtown and I’m now taking public transit each day because I am provided a free transit pass and it is so much better than driving! So, yeah. I’m suddenly around people again. This morning tons of teams were heading into the downtown Convention Center for a huge volleyball tournament. Just streaming out of the hotels all at once. We went to our favorite outdoor outlet center on Saturday, with summer-like weather, and it was just as full as normal. I heard yesterday that my son’s middle school cancelled the 8th grade DC trip that was supposed to happen next week. I bet the school district cannot wait for spring break next week so they have time without students to plan their response!

We’ll be in Denver this weekend for the same volleyball tournament. The younger ages were last weekend (they finished up today, I believe) and the older groups go next. The tournament brought in about 70k people last year. I wish we weren’t going, honestly. That’s a lot of people in one place.

Southeast Michigan. Everything is fairly normal here, though some folks have been stocking up enough that the bigger groceries are out of a few things and our school updated our distance learning policies just in case. But since I have a daughter at a university in San Francisco, I'd still know that it isn't normal elsewhere even if I didn't see it on news or social media because they're sending pretty frequent updates to parents as well as students.

I was shocked to hear it too. And, I am not really sure how it helps as other big gatherings are still happening. (Bruins game, for example) The virus is either out there or it isn’t. Seems like it would just incite anger and/or panic. I hadn’t even thought of the marathon!

I was surprised at first too, but I guess it makes sense. Rhode Island just declared a state of emergency there so I wonder if Massachusetts will be far behind since we have quite a few more cases.

nothing going on here but I just hard a few hours ago 45 miles north, Cleveland just got 3 cases, first in Ohio

I’m in New Mexico and so far no cases in the state, though it’s just a matter of time. It’s business as usual so far. My husband works at a private school (6th thru 12th) and they are working on contingency plans to close down the school and have the classes go online when the virus hits.

Things are normal for the most part. I personally know no one doing anything they wouldn't be doing any other day..
SouthEast WI. I am with 75miles or less from confirmed Corona Virus

Not normal here. Store shelves are empty of toilet paper, wet ones, wipes, bleach, cleaning products. My daughter’s swim team is no longer visiting the weight room. Schools have asked people to quarantine after travel where indicated. Church is not having wine from the chalice or shaking hands. Tom Hortons cancelled its Roll Up The Rim promotion due to hygiene.

Wish I could be reading that it’s not business as usual. Things need a shake up to harness this virus.

I’m in the GTA. I think we‘ve had 34 corona cases so far? But it mostly feels like business as usual to me. I mean, other then having students in self imposed quarantines due to travel from China. But that’s been happening since January, so maybe I’m just used to it. It feels like the new normal I guess.

Any grocery stores I’ve been to seem fully stocked. Toilet paper was on sale at Metro this week and it was limited to two per customer. That’s unusual. I‘ve heard the Costco’s are bad, but I haven’t been there.

South Jersey here. Except for small changes at Church....Holy Water removed, no chalice at Holy Communion, no handshaking at sign of peace... and the shortage of hand sanitizer at stores, everything’s the same.
Plenty of folks are talking about their spring break/Easter vacation plans including trips to WDW and Universal Orlando.

I see more dead people than most people... This week has been pretty normal, with perhaps a few more drug overdoses than usual. Covid-19 ain’t got nuthin’ on heroin.

I just got email from our director of finance and administration telling all employees that can telecommute should do potentially for the rest of the month. I'll go in to my office/lab from time to time to get paperwork. I typically go in at 6am so there aren't a lot of people in the office when I arrive anyways.

We flew to Charleston SC on Saturday and have spent the last 2 1/2 days doing lots of touristy stuff and eating out. Everywhere we have been there are lots of people. Toured two historic houses today and we had a full tour group. When we left, another full group was beginning. Same with our horse drawn carriage ride. it held 16 people and we had 16. Every other carriage I saw was full as well. All restaurants we have been too have been busy. Tonight we actually had to wait 15-minutes to be seated! That surprised us since it was outside the city and its a Monday night.

When we arrived on Saturday, we ran into Target to get a case of water for our suite. Same as we always do when we travel as I am picky about my water!! There was plenty of water. I didn't look at any other stock as we didn't need anything else.

We have been so busy and away from the TV news, that I just haven't been thinking about the virus at all!

We get regular updates at work on the "status" of the virus at work. But other than that everything is business as usual.

We have several cases in our county and three are very close to us. Two are in our school district (elementary schools). The schools did not close. They deep cleaned overnight. In one case, a parent who was in contact with someone who has the virus visited the school's office. In the other a staff member came into contact with the same person (he's a doctor in the area). Neither the parent or the staff member have symptoms, but I'm positive more people in the area will come forward as having been in contact with that doctor.

Coronavirus has hit Ohio, Governor has declared a state of emergency, OSU cancels on-campus classes for the month...

Technically, 2 weeks - OSU is on spring break this week, so students weren't back in classes until the 16th. I assume they're deciding to do a forced 14 day quarantine, assuming that students may be in contact with infected individuals, so March 30th became the new date to resume classes (at least in person).

I don't know if I should :eek: or:rotfl: or :scared: , but I'm certainly :happytv: watching the local news.... Fox13 Memphis
(I know it's not nice to laugh at others, but sometimes I do just shake my head at peoples actions).

Meanwhile here in Memphis there are parents members wiping down their children who attend school where someone who came into contact with a C-19 case has been placed in quarantine. (it's worth clicking play)

And then there's this family member who went to school dressed in plastic baggies to pick up their student.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter