Is doing FoP and Na'vi River Journey at rope drop possible??

Dinosaur is, by far, the loudest ride at WDW.

AND, the ROUGHEST indoor ride at WDW.
(Space Mtn. is right in there, but not for the ENTIRE ride!)

And there is nothing that comes close in the EFX category of

"Pitch-blackness...

then FULL-BRIGHT LIGHTS illuminating

GIANT DINOS with razor-sharp spiked teeth

LUNGING out straight AT YOU

with DEAFENING-ROAR sound effects."

Then,
more VIOLENT shaking,
jack-rabbit ACCELERATION,
sudden hard BRAKING...

and REPEAT.

All that said, I really ENJOY riding this attraction, and do so every trip.
Dinosaur is based on the same ride technology that is used on the Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye ride at Disneyland.

First, I actually enjoy Space Mountain's roughness, I think it adds to the ride and I have ridden rougher coasters. Also I have been on Indy at DL and really liked it, didn't really think it was too rough or loud. That being said, I will take the recommendation of bringing earplugs because I had a fear of loud noises when I was younger..... it has gotten a lot better since, but can still come back from time to time!

I've been quiet on the site, but I did do this a little more than 5 months ago and it is very possible.

Me and my sister were dropped off at the park at around 7:10 AM with a 9:00 park opening. They opened bag check at 7:25 and we were allowed to go right up to the tapstiles from there. The gates actually opened around 8:05 and we ran to Pandora from there. We were held at the bridge to Pandora until around 8:15 where they lead us back to Flight of Passage. We were part of the first ride of the day and got off at 8:44, which is not bad at all considering you have to file through the queue and go through the two pre-shows. Immediately after getting off, we headed over to Na'vi River Journey at 8:50 where the wait was posted at 10 minutes, we were boarding at 8:59. We were back out front at 9:06, 6 minutes after the park officially opened. We then did Dinosaur and Expedition Everest before heading over to DHS.

Other observations: Dinosaur is not very loud, at least not much louder than other dark rides, Expedition Everest is a ton of fun, Slinky Dog Dash is my favorite family Disney coaster, and Frozen Ever After was WAY better than Maelstrom ever was and it's not even close.

I hope I helped anyone with this who is looking to do the same thing!

is 7am early enough to arrive for an EMH day? We will be there on Monday and that's what our plan is right now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter