Is Cat V concierge worth $600/night?

Just wanted to clarify that ANYONE can request a private table at MDR, and you will almost certainly get it unless the head waiter isn't doing his job before the cruise.
Anyone can request a private table, but you may or may not get that request when sailing non-concierge. The odds are far & away from "almost certainly". We have always requested a private table in advance due to my son's allergies (& even with that reason clearly stated), but that advance request was only granted 1 out of 3 times. If you go to dining changes early enough & ask again, you might get it, but you might not.

Last edited:
Only sailed once and it was on the Dream 2017. Booked cat. V but Cat. T room 12000 opened up and I snagged it. As far as room goes- AHHMMMAAZZIING ! And the balcony - HUGE ! I loved it. The tub in the master bath was wonderful. It was only DH and I and we had a terrific experience with concierge.

Cocktail hrs, snacks all day, all these were great but let me tell you the best part for me was the priority boarding.

I know everyone's get the same stellar service from DCL but this was our very first cruise and I liked the fact that I had areas that were not crowded and the ability for a full dining experience in my room.

I probably would not book 2 Cat T rooms if I take my grands but I may book a V and a T since the S is so much more $$$$

But for just us two- totally worth it!

I was wondering about this also. I loved meeting new people so I would like the option.

We joined a table when we were in concierge. I love meeting new people as well. Unfortunately, our table mates were not so excited about having table mates.. Luck of the draw, but it was fun. That is how we roll.

We joined a table when we were in concierge. I love meeting new people as well. Unfortunately, our table mates were not so excited about having table mates.. Luck of the draw, but it was fun. That is how we roll.
We made some new friends in our FE group and joined a mixology. That was really fun. DH is a magnet for military - he talks for hrs .

it's all personal preference and what one can afford. I don't think anything is worth $600 a night.

Anyone can request a private table, but you may or may not get that request when sailing non-concierge. The odds are far & away from "almost certainly". We have always requested a private table in advance due to my son's allergies (& even with that reason clearly stated), but that advance request was only granted 1 out of 3 times. If you go to dining changes early enough & ask again, you might get it, but you might not.

I guess it depends on how full the ship is, and what dining you have. We have always done Second Dining so that probably helps since Main Dining seems to be more popular.

We are doing Main Dining on our next 2 cruises though, so I guess we'll see how that goes.

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure the OP stated the cost was $600 more per night than what they are paying with the verandah.

And worth it is in the eye of the beholder. Lots of good opinions on this thread.

I guess it depends on how full the ship is, and what dining you have. We have always done Second Dining so that probably helps since Main Dining seems to be more popular.

We are doing Main Dining on our next 2 cruises though, so I guess we'll see how that goes.
We always choose 2nd dining, too. Our experiences of not being given a private table were with second dining on Bahamian/Caribbean cruises. So it wasn't about having the more popular seating.

Honestly - I haven't even been on our cruise yet and I already feel like concierge is worth it! We booked very last-minute and all of the activities and appointments are sold out. We booked a concierge room because I had read that it might help us get some reservations - they've been amazing! My travel agent told me "oh you're booking 50 days before the cruise, you will never get early seating, you will never get an appointment for XYZ. . ." The concierge desk has made it all happen. If you're booking your cruise wayyy in advance and you can book everything as soon as it becomes available to book, then maybe concierge isn't worth it. If you're booking a cruise closer to departure date - definitely worth it!!

Been on 40 DCL cruises and non were concierge......I might like to try it once but I would prefer to cruise more than the spend the money on one cruise.

I usually book last minute cruises and I have been shut out beforehand for some things like Palo or a character breakfast but have never been denied getting it once onboard. I am Platinum so get to board early anyway. If I had extra money I would probably like to try concierge but I really am fine with non concierge.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter