Is bibbidi bobbidi boutique worth the time and money?

Thanks so much for the advice, might be good to do the tutu package and buy a dress separately just in case they didn’t like the ones there or didn’t have have the size.

If you Google Little Dress Up Shop you will find lots of non-glitter, non-scratchy dresses. My granddaughters wore theirs on a hot day in May and left them on the whole morning, even though we had brought clothes to change into. The dresses were comfortable, non-itchy and they washed up beautifully when we got home. And the matching doll dress was a real plus for the granddaughter who loves dolls! It's free shipping and you can usually get some kind of sale. We were very pleased.

If you Google Little Dress Up Shop you will find lots of non-glitter, non-scratchy dresses. My granddaughters wore theirs on a hot day in May and left them on the whole morning, even though we had brought clothes to change into. The dresses were comfortable, non-itchy and they washed up beautifully when we got home. And the matching doll dress was a real plus for the granddaughter who loves dolls! It's free shipping and you can usually get some kind of sale. We were very pleased.
Will definitely be looking at this site - non scratchy is a real must!

Does anyone know if you bring a dress from home, is there a place that you could leave it at the parks before the appointment? My friend is taking her DD and their appt isn't until 1 pm at MK...they'll be doing rides all morning and would prefer to not lug it around OR go back to the hotel to get it :)

We are thinking about our 4th Disney trip. My little girl will be 8. I've always opted not to do the boutique. Mainly because I figured we could be spending that time out in the park. How much time does it take from your day? Do you find it worth it?

My DD first did BBB at age 9. It was our 4th trip. She had previously gone to the Harmony Barber Shop, but that was no longer an option. She loved it. She said it was so awesome she would even have used her own money lol. She went again 2 more times after that. We did notice last time (2017) the quality has really decreased, but she still enjoyed it. We did a pre park opening appointment once and a mid day appointment once to get out of the heat for a little while.

Last time we went in 2017, the process was about a half hour, we waited about 15-30 minutes before the appointment. It took about 30 minutes for the photo shoot. There were a few people in front of us.

She has aged out now, but is excited to do the Character Conture package at Ivy Trellis. So yes, in my case, it was worth it.

Does anyone know if you bring a dress from home, is there a place that you could leave it at the parks before the appointment? My friend is taking her DD and their appt isn't until 1 pm at MK...they'll be doing rides all morning and would prefer to not lug it around OR go back to the hotel to get it :)

A tip I got from these boards was to put the dress in a zip lock bag and put it in a backpack. It may take some maneuvering, but it will fit. She has an xl Cinderella dress I got in the zip lock bag. My DD also wore a white tee shirt or a tank top and biker shorts under her dress when she was young. This would help if she got hot or ichy, we just put the dress in the ziplock bag and back in the backpack.

There are lockers near the entrance to the MK. I personally would do what the previous poster said and put the dress rolled up in a Ziploc and put it in a backpack. It will shake out just fine. But lockers are there if your friend prefers that option. Much better than returning to the hotel!Last time we used a locker it was $10 per day for the smallest one.

I had to cancel the original appointment we had and i’m Still trying to get one. I’ve called several times and still nothing is available :(

I booked the package that includes a dress for DD but she also wants to bring her own dresses. If she opts to stick with the dress she has on already, can I downgrade my package there or would it be best to call and downgrade now, knowing I can upgrade upon arrival?

FWIW, we have my niece's Tiana dress and cape from when she did BBB in 2012 and the quality is very nice. I don't mind purchasing one if DD wants one in the moment.

We did it once for my daughters birthday and it was not worth it. She wanted a Frozen dress and they were completely out. Then they were out of her second then third choices as well.

We have not done it, as I don't think my girls would enjoy it enough for the cost. When we went, our splurge was a meal at CRT. I brought dresses from home that I found on Amazon, which were very pretty, and I bought nail polish, eye shadow and glitter hair spray at the dollar store. I told the girls they were invited to a special meal at the castle with the princesses and we changed and did make-up (nails had been done the night before in the hotel) in a restroom in the park shortly before our reservation. They then posed for me to take pictures of them by the murals under the castle while we were waiting for our reservation time. They had just as much fun doing that as they would have had at BBB, especially as all they really wanted was to put on dresses and make-up, they don't like having their hair done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter