Is bibbidi bobbidi boutique worth the time and money?

On our first visit, we were in line for Dumbo right behind a couple of girls who had just been made up. They were both grabbing at their hairsprayed heads moaning about how itchy and uncomfortable they were. The mom promised they could wash it out the second they got back to the hotel and they would never have to do it again. That made my mind up it was not something we needed to do.
My nephew took his girls and had the same experience. I'm going to take my 3yo GD anyway. I'm a boy mom and have been dreaming about this from the moment I found out it was a girl. lol

Wow. Lucky you. I couldn't get an appt until 10:45 and it's at DS. MK was booked for the entire week.

The first time I called I couldn’t get anything that worked in the time/days I needed. The nice cast member told me to keep trying every few days. She said people will cancel all the way up til the day before their appointment. I was hoping for around lunch time but was so happy to snag this!! And it’s before park opening that day so i’m Even more excited!!

The first time I called I couldn’t get anything that worked in the time/days I needed. The nice cast member told me to keep trying every few days. She said people will cancel all the way up til the day before their appointment. I was hoping for around lunch time but was so happy to snag this!! And it’s before park opening that day so i’m Even more excited!!
Maybe I should keep trying. I'm hesitant to change the day because we have an ADR for Akershus and if I change my FPs I may not get what I want. Decisions...decisions...

We did it once at age 6. I believe it is one of those experiences in the park that is so special that it is worth doing once.

Picking out the dress at the Castle:

Are the really expensive Signature Collection package dresses separated from the “regular” package dresses when the girls are deciding which princess to be?

I am fine with buying the dress at the appointment but want to avoid having my niece see the $450 dollar dresses.

Thanks!

My daughter is 6 and took her to BBB at Magic Kingdom this past January. She is not big on dresses so we opted for the crown package (I believe) which came with a cute tutu, backpack and some other adorable things. I had a shirt made for her before the trip so she wore that. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience as they make it so special for each and every girl, and the pictures they take afterwards are wonderful! I would say take your daughter, let her experience it, you won't regret it! I'd say our appointment (pictures included) took about an hour. My son also got the knight package done, but his was rather quick.
full

Worth is subjective. You have to ask yourself if you will regret not doing this for your child down the road when they move away from princess dress up and/or totally age out of the experience. Also, while I know it's not mandatory, I couldn't imagine not having mine in some kind of princess attire for the pictures/experience. You can change clothes later, but it's worth seeing it all come together with the outfit and such. I know some people bring their own costumes/dresses, but if your child plays dress up a lot, the park dresses hold up really well. My girls' dresses are still in immaculate condition and a couple of them got a lot of use.

My older one is close to totally aging out and hasn't been interested in princess dress up for a number of years. My younger one has become such a tomboy that I'm grateful that I booked it back when she was 4 and still receptive to these things. Some of my favorite Disney pictures from all of our trips...totally worth it to me.

5294890399_464ab5b26b_z.jpg

8232021058_6d9b74b9c8_z.jpg

It was my daughter's choice to not wear a princess dress for this experience. She is very particular with her clothes and thought she may be uncomfortable with it on. Yes, it does provide the full effect of the princess makeover, but either way she still was able to enjoy the experience to it's fullest.

Update...we changed our vaca dates and I had to cancel the BBB reservation that I had . I am totally bummed because they don’t have anything now for the week we are going, but i’m Not giving up. Gonna keep calling and see if something comes available.

Hi just wondering if the full dress option is worth the upgrade as opposed to the tutu? Would the dresses be better quality than ones you would generally buy as children’s dress ups? Thanks in advance.

Are you definitely set on getting your dress at BBB? We didn’t as we wanted to be sure to get the princess and size we wanted. Plus I wanted sparkly dresses with NO shedding glitter. Disney store dresses shed...don’t know about BBB. So we ordered online from a shop that sells matching doll dresses and brought our own. It was just as magical as buying at the boutique in my opinion.

Thanks so much for the advice, might be good to do the tutu package and buy a dress separately just in case they didn’t like the ones there or didn’t have have the size.

The Disney Resort dresses are pretty good quality, but they are generally glittery - not as bad as the ones at the Disney Store, but a lot of glitter. I prefer the ones from the resort to the ones from the Disney store, but I'm not exactly sure why. They seem a bit more durable and I enjoy the patterns more I guess. We have a Cinderella dress that we purchased in 2012 that's in near perfect condition. We wash on delicate and hang dry and it's still perfect. Most of the glitter is gone, but I like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!