Is Beach Club due a refurb soon? Just returned

Good to know, thanks. They shouldn't be selling rooms in their current condition IMHO.

At least not at the rates they demand (400+ per night) if the OP is true.

We were at the Beach Club from 6/3-6/10 2014 in a garden view room and we found everything to be fine. Our AC worked great. But in all honesty we tend not to notice things like general wear and tear unless it's pretty glaring/in your face.

I'm sorry your BC stay wasn't the best in regards to the room. With that said, the BC is scheduled to start room refurbs sometime this fall, with the YC being done after the BC is completed.

We just booked the YC for this Fall (early November). Hopefully nothing major will disrupt our stay. We were at the Poly back in May 2013 when they started building refurb/redecorating. They had some walkways blocked off but nothing disturbing. Is there a site thread that will keep us posted on the details?

I don't disbelieve the OP, bad rooms happen.

But, last year I was worried about similar reports of BC/YC rooms last year before our April stay, and we arrived to a room in perfect condition (and I am picky) :goodvibes

Like TeenaS says, if we encounter a bad BC room next month, we will definitely let someone know and get the situation resolved. :thumbsup2

I don't disbelieve the OP, bad rooms happen.

But, last year I was worried about similar reports of BC/YC rooms last year before our April stay, and we arrived to a room in perfect condition (and I am picky) :goodvibes

Like TeenaS says, if we encounter a bad BC room next month, we will definitely let someone know and get the situation resolved. :thumbsup2

Off topic but Congratulations - a son!

We just stayed there in May. It was a mess. Room very worn down. We are florida residents and go often but still paid a lot of money. It's the Swan and Dolphin for us for Food and Wine this October. Nicer rooms for half the price and being basically in the same location. Also gain points for future stays and upgrades. We are not going to even think of staying at Beach or Yacht Club til they do some type of refurb. They charge way too much for the current state those rooms are in. Although people will keep on paying it without hesitation.

Not that I don't trust OP, but most of the time, people who complain about rooms being worn out don't post pictures to back up their opinion.

I admit that I would like to see pictures. Because what some people consider worn out is not that bad to me.

In the past, I've stayed at POFQ, PR, CSR... All of them I heard the rooms worn out. Once I got there I couldn't help but asking myself what the h... those people were talking about.

But happy to know they are doing refurbishments. I hope they'll be done by the end of April 2015. :)

I am kind of the same, I really don't think I would notice or care about say, a dresser with dents or scratches. I would care if it was dirty or the bed linens were gross. So I am still excited about my stay in October! I stayed in a water view at YC this past November and loved it!

We just booked the YC for this Fall (early November). Hopefully nothing major will disrupt our stay. We were at the Poly back in May 2013 when they started building refurb/redecorating. They had some walkways blocked off but nothing disturbing. Is there a site thread that will keep us posted on the details?

The BC is the first to be done, which is scheduled to start sometime this fall, so there shouldn't be anything going on at the YC during your stay in November as the YC isn't scheduled to start until after the BC is completed. I haven't seen a thread addressing the BC/YC refurb specifically, but you could keep checking the BC/YC FAQ to see if any updates are posted there:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3277682

The BC is the first to be done, which is scheduled to start sometime this fall, so there shouldn't be anything going on at the YC during your stay in November as the YC isn't scheduled to start until after the BC is completed. I haven't seen a thread addressing the BC/YC refurb specifically, but you could keep checking the BC/YC FAQ to see if any updates are posted there: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3277682

Awesome! Thank you for the info

Yes we are at YC.

We used to always stay at YC, then in July 2008 we did our Grand Gathering and couldn't get YC. I was so nervous about trying BC and fell in love with BC.

This year when I booked our "magical" discount only YC was available. So we are back at YC. We'll be there August 16-20 and then moving over to the GF August 20-27, then Hilton Head August 27-30!

See you at the Dis Meet!!!!!

We were just at BC eight weeks ago and our room was perfect. Everything was perfect.

Sorry your whole room experience was not up to par.

OP, I'm sorry you had a worn out room. :( I'm just curious - did you say anything to the management there? I was wondering what they said and if they tried anything to make it right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter