• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Beach Club due a refurb soon? Just returned

mercexe

Earning My Ears
Just returned from 7 nights at BC. We had 2 inter-connecting GV rooms.

Both rooms were in a shocking state! Ripped carpets, worn walls with marks, chipped furniture. The rooms looked really tired and sad. Both the toilets didn't work properly and one of the bathroom doors wouldn't shut/open unless you pushed it really hard - took them 4 days to fix that despite asking every day. Also, the fridges were so noisy we had to turn them off at night - which kind of defeats the object.

The hallways also seem tired and old - they have a musty, damp feel and smell and the artwork is wonky and looks tired and faded. So disappointing.

Hope they are planning to renovate soon. I wasn't happy about the $$$ we paid for these disgusting rooms. Would have been better at a value resort!

Both rooms were in a shocking state! Ripped carpets, worn walls with marks, chipped furniture. The rooms looked really tired and sad. Both the toilets didn't work properly and one of the bathroom doors wouldn't shut/open unless you pushed it really hard - took them 4 days to fix that despite asking every day. Also, the fridges were so noisy we had to turn them off at night - which kind of defeats the object.

The hallways also seem tired and old - they have a musty, damp feel and smell and the artwork is wonky and looks tired and faded. So disappointing.

Hope they are planning to renovate soon. I wasn't happy about the $$$ we paid for these disgusting rooms. Would have been better at a value resort!

I'm sorry your BC stay wasn't the best in regards to the room. With that said, the BC is scheduled to start room refurbs sometime this fall, with the YC being done after the BC is completed.

I'm sorry your BC stay wasn't the best in regards to the room. With that said, the BC is scheduled to start room refurbs sometime this fall, with the YC being done after the BC is completed.
Good to know, thanks. They shouldn't be selling rooms in their current condition IMHO.

Good to know, thanks. They shouldn't be selling rooms in their current condition IMHO.

You're welcome. From the description of the condition of your room, I totally agree, no guest should be put in a room like that :sad2:.

Well this is disheartening! :p We're staying Garden View!

When I've looked at pictures from people's recent trips, the rooms didn't seem that bad. Maybe it's the luck of the draw, but sadly, I'm not that lucky.

I felt the same way a couple of years ago. I understand that rooms are gonna have some wear and tear. I'm not one to really care if the dresser or chairs are chipped. However, when the room is dirty and falling apart, it's completely unacceptable for $350/nt with discount.

We stayed there two yrs ago & never had hot water the entire time. We did call repeatedly about it & about the third day someone came. He told us it was because we were on the far end way from the hot water heater. Weird excuse, but from talking to a couple of other people around our room, they all had the same problem. Maybe they'll install a better water heater system too. We liked the decor of BC & of course our DD loved the pool. And I have to say all the CMs were wonderful.

....and they also need to (hopefully) work on their air conditioner system. I'm sure it was just the unlucky location of our room, but earlier this month we heard what sounded like a motor or drill that would loudly run for about 8 seconds, then stop, then start, etc. We were near a service room....and thinking if must've been the air conditioner. If we would've been there longer than 2 nights, we would've definitely asked to switch rooms.

Thank you mercexe for this report. The Y&BC are at the top of our list for our trip next June and this is very important info you have given to help our decision.:worried: On the other hand, I *do* see that another poster said that the two resorts are getting refurbs this fall so that's encouraging for us.:scratchin

Sorry that you got the rooms before the refurb...I know they are very expensive.:(

We LOVE beach club, but last august we were disappointed in our room as well. We had Garden View. Our bathroom fan was ungodly loud and it just looked tired. Happy to hear the refurbs are happening. Does anyone know if Yacht Club will be done by May 2015? That's when we are planning to return and I really don't want to deal with construction but do not like Boardwalk...so it has to be BC or YC

Felt the same way when we stayed in 2012..

We LOVE beach club, but last august we were disappointed in our room as well. We had Garden View. Our bathroom fan was ungodly loud and it just looked tired. Happy to hear the refurbs are happening. Does anyone know if Yacht Club will be done by May 2015? That's when we are planning to return and I really don't want to deal with construction but do not like Boardwalk...so it has to be BC or YC

@busymommy2pink...what's the major differences between staying at the YC or the BC? We are trying to decide which we would like to stay at between the two(granted the get the desperately needed refurbs).

Thanks in advance!

@busymommy2pink...what's the major differences between staying at the YC or the BC? We are trying to decide which we would like to stay at between the two(granted the get the desperately needed refurbs).

Thanks in advance!
Main difference is theming and YC rooms all have full balconies (some BC rooms only have those small standing only balconies).

Just got back from POP, place was spotless, not worn or tired looking still it must be a bummer to pay big bucks for a tired word looking hotel room!!!

Oh no! We are going in September and now I am panicked! Should we switch resorts? Paid a fortune for a special trip and I don't want it ruined with lousy rooms! Naturally my 45 days hits tomorrow so I need to make a decision ASAP.

I am leaving for the BC in just over a week and this is not what I wanted to hear:(

Any tips on what to do if I get a room like this? I can see that it could greatly in pack a trip.

Not good. We arrive in a little over a month. We did get a great room rate at BC, are spending all but 1 day of out trip at DHS & EPCOT & we love SAB, so just hoping our room is decent. We had room problems at BC a few years back and they were great about accomodating us. Just go to the concierge or front desk with issues - better to speak with them in person than to call in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I know the BWI is going through the redo. Only problems I found out it was just room , hallways etc. new bathrooms but no new A/C replaced. I asked the manager about this was told it was due to cost. I asked about the BC Yacht Club? He said said the same thing just a redo if room and halls etc. plus new bathroom. But no A/C being replaced . I think this wrong as the A/C doesn't work that well as it is, and far too expensive to pay with A/C not working properly. Why do through redoing something and closing floors when it is just cleaning up the room etc? The amount of money they charge they need to replace everything. Just my thoughts

Not that I don't trust OP, but most of the time, people who complain about rooms being worn out don't post pictures to back up their opinion.

I admit that I would like to see pictures. Because what some people consider worn out is not that bad to me.

In the past, I've stayed at POFQ, PR, CSR... All of them I heard the rooms worn out. Once I got there I couldn't help but asking myself what the h... those people were talking about.

But happy to know they are doing refurbishments. I hope they'll be done by the end of April 2015. :)

Not that I don't trust OP, but most of the time, people who complain about rooms being worn out don't post pictures to back up their opinion. I admit that I would like to see pictures. Because what some people consider worn out is not that bad to me. In the past, I've stayed at POFQ, PR, CSR... All of them I heard the rooms worn out. Once I got there I couldn't help but asking myself what the h... those people were talking about. But happy to know they are doing refurbishments. I hope they'll be done by the end of April 2015. :)
We stayed at the BC in 2010 and then again in 2012. I was shocked by how much the rooms and hallways had deteriorated in two years. Not sure what they look like now, but I'm betting they need the overhaul refurb. The room itself was fine, but the bathroom needed new everything, and the walls and carpets in the hallways were torn, stained, and scuffed.

It looked very tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter