Is April YOUR Giraffe too?

They were just off on conception date. And apparently gestation can vary for several weeks as well. She is massive, so rare twins maybe? Or she is stubborn

I know, but my anticipation and excitement has wavered. I do occaisionally check on her, but before I was doing it all the time. She is a day trip away from us, maybe we'll go see her and the baby when the weather gets nicer.

She's been putting her tail up an awful lot this afternoon. I bet it will be in the next 24-48 hours.

Yes and widening her stance with her rear legs, when she was near the camera, she had what appeared to be a major movement, or a contraction.
I feel for the poor girl. She is huge!

I don't get the interest AT ALL. I'd much rather watch a few clips of puppies being born on YouTube.

I think Oliver wants to go outside. Hopefully he will get to tomorrow. Terrible they got snowed in! I also think he is keen to April and her being so close to having that darn calf...

Here is an update for april today

3/27 Morning Update

April had us watching the monitors close last night. Her behavior was interesting last night, and is noted as continued this morning. She is very relaxed, tail has been raising on and off for periods of time. Wax caps are in place but we have noted a significant mammary change! Photo is comments section! We are getting there!

Any changes will be posted throughout the day.

Today, we share with you the video link to a highly demanded, up close (but quick) video of April and Allysa. Their bond is evident - a true trusting relationship.

I'm watching on and off, but Saturday night I actually brought my laptop into my bedroom and left it plugged in to the live feed all night, because she was displaying so many signs of labor (lifted tail, stretched neck, back legs splayed) that I thought FOR SURE she would have her baby that night! I kept waking up and rolling over to check on her. One time her tail was lifted so high, and I kept waiting for the inevitable result all the other times she lifted her tail (poop), lol, and nothing happened, so I got really excited and thought for sure it was happening. Then she put her tail down and went about her business! When I woke up the next morning she was busy eating so I figured it wouldn't be that day either, as they had said she would not show an interest in eating when she is close. She is visiting with Oliver as I am typing this, lol. I only check in here and there as I don't have wifi at work, so I just know I will miss the live birth, but who knows? Maybe my timing will be lucky!

Saw this on FB thought it was funny

17498817_808746849281264_5477860496653176378_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter