Is April YOUR Giraffe too?

Branflakes

DIS Veteran
For exactly 4 weeks now, I have been observing this magnificent animal. Checking on her a few times a day, and in the evening, watching for a few minutes at a time. My husband and I were out for 'Taco Tuesday', because tacos and margaritas must be consumed on Tuesday, and I noticed at the booth caddy corner to ours, a woman having dinner with what appeared to be her husband, watching the live feed on her iPhone. The entire time we were there, she was watching consistently. It occurred to me, just how intrigued and maybe obsessed people had become with MY April ;)
Are you watching? I am. And I honestly cannot wait to see this baby born in real time. I've loved giraffes my whole life. And in fact while at WDW, will take the safari at least twice every trip just to see them. But it's going on a month now soooo
:cheer2: Go April Go!!
No really, please have this calf, soon.

I understand your obsession! I live about 30 minutes from Animal Adventure, where April is, and cannot wait until it opens this Spring! :)

That's fantastic! I'm in NC, we are about 90 minutes to our zoo in Asheboro, where we recently lost a giraffe that got entangled in an enrichment item. I would love to be close enough to visit. But I have a feeling opening day for Animal Adventure Park will be the biggest day ever for them, and probably all season.:)

Watching her throw hay around right now as a matter of fact. I check in several times a day. Peeked in on my iPhone at a restaurant once and the waitress stopped to talk about her. She's a very popular giraffe! :)

That's fantastic! I'm in NC, we are about 90 minutes to our zoo in Asheboro, where we recently lost a giraffe that got entangled in an enrichment item. I would love to be close enough to visit. But I have a feeling opening day for Animal Adventure Park will be the biggest day ever for them, and probably all season.:)

Oh my gosh...it will be crazy this year! I'll be really interested to see how they handle the increase in crowds. It really isn't a big place to begin with!

I am so worried that I'm going to sleep through the birth one of these nights. I've been watching since February 11th. Have you noticed the Hidden Mickey on her left rear leg?

I am so worried that I'm going to sleep through the birth one of these nights. I've been watching since February 11th. Have you noticed the Hidden Mickey on her left rear leg?

She's turned the wrong way just now, and I can only see her right legs, but I will definitely look for it!

ETA - She moved. I see it!!

I keep thinking she is baking twins! Overdue and so big too. Every time she starts acting odd and her behavior is noticeably off, I tell my husband, my girl had better not have this calf at 3 am!!

April_Mickey_1.jpg

For exactly 4 weeks now, I have been observing this magnificent animal. Checking on her a few times a day, and in the evening, watching for a few minutes at a time. My husband and I were out for 'Taco Tuesday', because tacos and margaritas must be consumed on Tuesday, and I noticed at the booth caddy corner to ours, a woman having dinner with what appeared to be her husband, watching the live feed on her iPhone. The entire time we were there, she was watching consistently. It occurred to me, just how intrigued and maybe obsessed people had become with MY April ;)
Are you watching? I am. And I honestly cannot wait to see this baby born in real time. I've loved giraffes my whole life. And in fact while at WDW, will take the safari at least twice every trip just to see them. But it's going on a month now soooo
:cheer2: Go April Go!!
No really, please have this calf, soon.

I still say she's faking it.
Trying to keep her man or get his housing allowance or something. :D

That's fantastic! I'm in NC, we are about 90 minutes to our zoo in Asheboro, where we recently lost a giraffe that got entangled in an enrichment item. I would love to be close enough to visit. But I have a feeling opening day for Animal Adventure Park will

be the biggest day ever for them, and probably all season.:)

That was so sad.

I'm feeling like this baby is coming this weekend. I'll be one of "those" people occasionally monitoring my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!