• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Anyone getting through to DCL on phone !

There was a slew of cancellations among the airlines Friday over 2000 mostly SW though. There doesn't seem to be a real reason for it, but airline travel has been a mess lately.
I’m currently stuck in NOLA with 12 kids as a chaperone for a robotics competition and it’s final 4 basketball too so it’s crazy busy hotels are scarce or crazy expensive and there no rental cars to be found, due to SW flight cancellation. We are 16 total with chaperones. We made the most of our extra day here though and had a great time touring the WW2 museum. It was over two hours to get through on the regular phone line to them too. I was able to connect almost immediately to an agent through the a-list priority line to get us all rebooked ASAP and was still on hold without ever connecting to an agent on their main number. So customer service wait times are better everywhere else either.

I’m currently stuck in NOLA with 12 kids as a chaperone for a robotics competition and it’s final 4 basketball too so it’s crazy busy hotels are scarce or crazy expensive and there no rental cars to be found, due to SW flight cancellation. We are 16 total with chaperones. We made the most of our extra day here though and had a great time touring the WW2 museum. It was over two hours to get through on the regular phone line to them too. I was able to connect almost immediately to an agent through the a-list priority line to get us all rebooked ASAP and was still on hold without ever connecting to an agent on their main number. So customer service wait times are better everywhere else either.
Well, good luck.

I called them about adding air travel and ground transfers to our cruise. I sometimes use the CC line as an alternative to the general DCL line. Sometimes they answer quicker but most often there's no significant difference, in my experience.
Thanks! I had no idea that was even an option. I need to add ground transfers…maybe it will be quicker to call thru them.

Estimated wait time 748 minutes. Um, no thank you. Ridiculous, but sadly typical of Disney. Just trying to cancel a cruise but will have to try some other time. I love that the music gets interrupted by the message "An agent will be with you shortly."

Not everyone has unlimited minutes on their phones. I have called every day for 2 weeks. I have 2 cruises that I MUST cancel. The wait time is entirely too long for me in a single call. Has anyone cancelled their cruise by an email only? Did the recieve confirmation of this cancellation? I would appreciate any assistance.
Thank you.

I just called Costco travel and the very first thing it says when it answers on its automated system is "if you are calling for Disney Cruise Lines we are sorry we cannot reach them by phone and have limited access to their systems."

Already impossible to reach Disney Cruise on your reservation and then for the many that book through a travel agent it is now impossible to book, modify or troubleshoot a booking.

Already unbelievable could be so bad and then the length of time it has gone on for and that there is no end in sight is unreal.

Yikes! Hope you got home. Glad you were able to make a nice day of it at the WW2 museum--it is pretty incredible. I'm sure the kids were not phased at all; they probably thought, "Yeah! Stuck in New Orleans!!!"

Not everyone has unlimited minutes on their phones. I have called every day for 2 weeks. I have 2 cruises that I MUST cancel. The wait time is entirely too long for me in a single call. Has anyone cancelled their cruise by an email only? Did the recieve confirmation of this cancellation? I would appreciate any assistance.
Thank you.
Yup, I emailed shoreside guest services and successfully canceled. I got a response within about 4 hours of my request. I should note that I didn't need to do anything fancy with my cancellation (no need to maintain 20% bonus FCC or anything) so I just emailed asking the eligible funds to be refunded and the nonrefundable portion to be kept as FCC on my account. (I was paid in full but outside of the PIF window so a good chunk was refundable.)

Yikes! Hope you got home. Glad you were able to make a nice day of it at the WW2 museum--it is pretty incredible. I'm sure the kids were not phased at all; they probably thought, "Yeah! Stuck in New Orleans!!!"
We are at the airport now 5 hours early but the kids just needed some downtime to relax and get some homework done. There’s tons of food options here like a mini mall so everyone is happy. They were happy to miss an extra day of school, the robotics tournament was a 12 hour day for 3 days straight so they were exhausted.

Yup, I emailed shoreside guest services and successfully canceled. I got a response within about 4 hours of my request. I should note that I didn't need to do anything fancy with my cancellation (no need to maintain 20% bonus FCC or anything) so I just emailed asking the eligible funds to be refunded and the nonrefundable portion to be kept as FCC on my account. (I was paid in full but outside of the PIF window so a good chunk was refundable.)
Deleted - found info on website

Last edited:
I tried to submit request to cancel cruise using the help page email form, but it won't process.??? They really don't want us to be able to cancel, do they?

What email address did you use? I'm wondering what happens if you have to cancel your cruise but can't get through to do it before it sails.

It’s just the way things are right now, has nothing to do with Disney or any other company and horrible or awesome they are. People are choosing not to go in to certain fields. Call centers, retail, food service, hospitality in general has been hard to find workers for, just how things are.
Not sure about that. I had to change my Universal reservation in late January and they answered within 5 minutes.

What email address did you use? I'm wondering what happens if you have to cancel your cruise but can't get through to do it before it sails.
I would also like that address. I have emailed them 4 times and no response except for the automatic reply, saying thank you for the email, and we will get back with you. That was last Monday. It's now been a week.

It’s just the way things are right now, has nothing to do with Disney or any other company and horrible or awesome they are. People are choosing not to go in to certain fields. Call centers, retail, food service, hospitality in general has been hard to find workers for, just how things are.
I disagree. I've had to make a lot of customer service center calls to various types of companies lately, and never encountered anything like current DCL wait times. Even American Airlines is much, much easier to get through to.

Something is very wrong with DCL's phone customer service. Routine 6 - 8 hour waits are unacceptable. Or being told they just can't take your call that day, when you call mid-afternoon.

But as I've mentioned before, the way to bypass this madness is to press the option for "new cruise". Those calls are answered quickly.

Not just DCL... noit quite as bad, but waited over an hour to speak to WDW to add something to my reservation that I could not do myself on line. :( Very discouraging

FYI- I called yesterday afternoon to add a pre cruise hotel and ground transport for the 11 night Iceland in August and was told there was a 568 minute wait time. Hung up. Tried at 8:00am this morning (to the second) and got through immediately. So....try at 8 SHARP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter