Is Anyone getting through to DCL on phone !

lilysgigi

Disney Magic Heals
Ahoy! Frustrated cruiser here. I do know DCL is having issues with all their communications, but really? I have tried for week and half to get through . I get to the point of keying in my reservation number after listening to all the recorded updates on tests and such - but the line goes to a busy signal then disconnects. And yes- I Don’t have a travel agent this time. My last two cruises I was in the dark with an agent so did this cruise myself again. Simple cruise. I need to change the name of one passenger in our cabin. The website doesn’t allow a name change to edit. I am reaching out for hope that someone is actually getting a call answered and for any suggestions.
Cheers and thanks 😊

Nope. I called the other day and it said 165 minutes....after 60 minutes it suddenly said my wait was 300 minutes!!! I hung up.

Also I can never find the online chat available...it's always greyed out cause they're too busy. Maybe try RIGHT at open in the morning.

I called yesterday and they didn’t even give me a long wait. They said due to heavy call volume we can’t take your call. Try another time. Pound sand.

Nope. I called the other day and it said 165 minutes....after 60 minutes it suddenly said my wait was 300 minutes!!! I hung up.

Also I can never find the online chat available...it's always greyed out cause they're too busy. Maybe try RIGHT at open in the morning.
This!!! And we pay a very generous price for our cruises. I also am a gold cruiser but my timeframe to book with advantage is about up. A couple days ok for a major glitch.. not weeks now. I can’t help
But feel manipulated and helpless.

Good to hear!! I’m west coast time- but will
Try early early to see…. I would rather get the we can’t take your call now - then going through all the messages to just be hung up
On .

This!!! And we pay a very generous price for our cruises. I also am a gold cruiser but my timeframe to book with advantage is about up. A couple days ok for a major glitch.. not weeks now. I can’t help
But feel manipulated and helpless.

Yup I'm gold too. What I needed isn't dire so I sent an email and hope for a reply that way.

Ahoy! Frustrated cruiser here. I do know DCL is having issues with all their communications, but really? I have tried for week and half to get through . I get to the point of keying in my reservation number after listening to all the recorded updates on tests and such - but the line goes to a busy signal then disconnects. And yes- I Don’t have a travel agent this time. My last two cruises I was in the dark with an agent so did this cruise myself again. Simple cruise. I need to change the name of one passenger in our cabin. The website doesn’t allow a name change to edit. I am reaching out for hope that someone is actually getting a call answered and for any suggestions.
Cheers and thanks 😊
Same boat here (pun intended). Been trying for days. I've been repeatedly disconnected at the exact same point. Today I surpassed that issue by NOT selecting the prompt most appropriate to my reservation "For cruises on the Dream, Fantasy...(basically everything but the Wish)" and just waited without making a selection. I'm on hold at this very moment but I don't actually expect to talk to anyone. It's mostly out of sheer fascination that I continue to hold at this point: I initially connected at 8:10a and the estimated hold time was 462 minutes. At 9:23a that estimate was bumped to 588 minutes. Most recently, at 10:36a, it estimated 701 minutes. I expect to either have my call drop, or wait on hold for the ENTIRETY of their opening hours for calls.
Wish I could help you--seems an email and a prayer is the only approach at this point.

I’m curious what happens if for some reason you have issues making payment online with all the glitches, and can’t get through. And then your PIF date is that day. DCL better reinstate that booking at that price

UPDATE: I JUST BROKE THROUGH! See above...after being quoted hold times of 462 minutes, then 588 minutes, then 701 minutes (all on the same call), I was connected to a cast member at 11:45a. So I was on hold for three hours and 35 minutes. Not good, of course, but there is hope if you have that kind of patience and don't get disconnected! Good luck!

UPDATE: I JUST BROKE THROUGH! See above...after being quoted hold times of 462 minutes, then 588 minutes, then 701 minutes (all on the same call), I was connected to a cast member at 11:45a. So I was on hold for three hours and 35 minutes. Not good, of course, but there is hope if you have that kind of patience and don't get disconnected! Good luck!
You win!!! Prize for patience and prize to actually cross into the DCL zone!!! My hero!

I waited for nearly 6 hours yesterday! The first message said 112 minutes and every couple of hours it would say your wait time is 125 minutes and then again 2 hours later. And I didn't get my issue resolved :(.

I'm on the west coast and today I woke up and called again exactly at 5am my time and got through in about 20 minutes and this cast member was amazing and resolved my issue.

I’m curious what happens if for some reason you have issues making payment online with all the glitches, and can’t get through. And then your PIF date is that day. DCL better reinstate that booking at that price
I'm not in that exact situation, but similiar. I HAVE paid in full, 10 days ago, and my credit card was charged. However the website has not updated to say that, and our window to book excurions, tastings, etc opened yesterday. I'm locked out and have missed getting all the things we wanted. I feel like Disney should have at least paused the booking windows until they could get everything straightened out. My travel agent has been trying to get through and cannot.

I'm not in that exact situation, but similiar. I HAVE paid in full, 10 days ago, and my credit card was charged. However the website has not updated to say that, and our window to book excurions, tastings, etc opened yesterday. I'm locked out and have missed getting all the things we wanted. I feel like Disney should have at least paused the booking windows until they could get everything straightened out. My travel agent has been trying to get through and cannot.
This is exactly the worst ! There must be some type of adjustment that can be done for this horrible situation. Storm the castle … pirates unite! I have sent an email- will report any success. Mutiny on the horizon . It’s been 3 years in the waiting .

I sent three different emails on Sunday with three different topics. They responded to two of them this morning, still waiting on the third.

Hold times have been record setting recently. For me, a 9 AM call this past Friday took about a three hours on hold. A Saturday 9 AM call the next day took 5 hours and 45 minutes of waiting.

Don't trust the hold times they tell you. It is a computer guessing based on old data. My stated hold times got into the 600 minutes but never did they say less than 100 minutes prior to answering in person.

Hopefully these will improve when the backlog gets taken care of.

Then summer 2023 itineraries will open for 5 ships and we will be back in the same scenario again.

I tried yesterday and at first it said 177 minutes then 2hrs and 34 minutes later it told me 222 minutes. I gave up. I called this morning right as they opened and I get through in 30 minutes. They had a system update that really threw everyone for a loop. Costco said they were told it was fixed last night. This is my first time without a travel agent and I am so missing their service.

I wanted to cancel my European cruise. I tried first on Friday-called about 8:45am-rookie mistake-wait time was 600 minutes. I gave up. Saturday I had to work. Sunday I tried right at 9:00am. 72 minute wait. I figured this was not so bad. At approximately the 72 minute mark, it bumped up to 400 minutes. I hung up-determined not to spend all day on the phone for a cancellation-I mean really. As I was typing the email to send for my cancellation, I tried the Live Chat. I got a spot in a queue. About 20 minutes later I was connected with a CM who did the transaction. I am one cruise away from platinum. I have to say this was the worst experience. I know they had a botched IT upgrade. I get it- my husband works in IT-I have seen botched IT upgrades at home- LOL. But seriously, they need to remedy an situation like this the stretches beyond a day or two. Just bad business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter