Is Anyone getting through to DCL on phone !

it took me 67 minutes to get through to shoreside concierge. When I first got on, it said a 40 min wait.

I had a DCL Alaska booked that I knew I was going to cancel because of Vancouver quarantine rules etc. (we already booked an alternative on Princess). Thought I had some time to wait out the phone craziness and could call again in a month or so. But then I get an email that my PIF is coming up and I need to cancel. I think WTH, I have two more months because they changed PIF to 60 days and the Alaska cruise isn't until July. But nope, I login and my reservation is showing as PIF at 120 days, which is right around the corner--must have reset to the original deadline when they did the system upgrade. Now I have to call and wait on hold again to save my deposit and placeholder. Grrr. The worst thing was I actually made it through to them over the weekend to fix my check in glitch on another cruise (in April), and had I known at the time they changed the PIF date I'd have dealt with my summer Alaska cruise at the same time. But I was trying to be nice to other guests on hold and not tie up the phone lines longer than I needed to!

Edited to add: quoted wait time of 311 mins this morning. On hold. Probably won't get through as I have to hop off for work phone calls later in the day.

This morning I tried to call about an issue with a reservation. I got a message the wait time was 19 minutes. After being on hold for an hour and a half, the next message said my wait time was 244 minutes😬. I hung up. It’s so frustrating trying to get through to anyone ar DCL right now.

While I was on the phone I got an email regarding my problem with my reservation, so I called shoreside concierge back and have been on hold for 58 minutes so far. I would have them call me back, but I have an appt to go to shortly and I know they will call back then. I can only wait a short time and I will have to leave and try again later today.

it’s so crazy!

I had a DCL Alaska booked that I knew I was going to cancel because of Vancouver quarantine rules etc. (we already booked an alternative on Princess). Thought I had some time to wait out the phone craziness and could call again in a month or so. But then I get an email that my PIF is coming up and I need to cancel. I think WTH, I have two more months because they changed PIF to 60 days and the Alaska cruise isn't until July. But nope, I login and my reservation is showing as PIF at 120 days, which is right around the corner--must have reset to the original deadline when they did the system upgrade. Now I have to call and wait on hold again to save my deposit and placeholder. Grrr. The worst thing was I actually made it through to them over the weekend to fix my check in glitch on another cruise (in April), and had I known at the time they changed the PIF date I'd have dealt with my summer Alaska cruise at the same time. But I was trying to be nice to other guests on hold and not tie up the phone lines longer than I needed to!

Edited to add: quoted wait time of 311 mins this morning. On hold. Probably won't get through as I have to hop off for work phone calls later in the day.
I was surprised this morning when I got the email from DCL about my Alaska cruise in June that the date to make changes to the cruise has been changed from 60 days to March 30, 2022. I wonder why they changed this as I thought with the times they way they are right now that DCL would still give us time to make a decision.....

I was surprised this morning when I got the email from DCL about my Alaska cruise in June that the date to make changes to the cruise has been changed from 60 days to March 30, 2022. I wonder why they changed this as I thought with the times they way they are right now that DCL would still give us time to make a decision.....
I thought that was strange as well! Our PIF isn't until May 5, but the email said Guests booked on the Disney Wonder April 26, 2022 through September 19, 2022 may modify their sail date or cancel their sailing without any Disney-imposed cancellation fees by contacting their travel agent by March 30, 2022.

Has anyone gotten through to see what that means? I tried calling our travel agent, Costco and they aren't even taking calls right now! And neither is DCL!

Last edited:
it took me 67 minutes to get through to shoreside concierge. When I first got on, it said a 40 min wait.

I called shoreside this morning as well. 56 minute estimated wait time. I waited just under an hour. It sounds like there are some changes the system they are using too. The CM that was helping me was talking about stuff being in new places and they had to refresh a couple times to make sure the right stuff showed up.

I called this afternoon and was told by an automated voice that they can't even take my call due to large volume of calls they are dealing with. 🙄

I heard back after a couple of days on each of three emails I sent using their online Contact Us Email Us | Help (go.com)

They can't help with anything related to money like payments, adding prestays, etc., but they helped with questions about our return flight and adding a dining rotation.

So if your question isn't time sensitive, you can try that.

Just called Disney Cruise Line (800) 951-3532. After wading thru all the prompts, I was informed my wait time would be 633 minutes. What! Thats over 10 hours. Needless to say I hung up the phone.

You simply need to call RIGHT at 8AM eastern time (or 9AM on weekends). I did this morning and was through with just a 15 minute wait.

I just got through after being on hold an hour. That was AFTER being on hold with Hawaiian
Airlines for hour and a half. Think there are staff shortages most places.

I sent three different emails on Sunday with three different topics. They responded to two of them this morning, still waiting on the third.
Yeah I think it was less than a day and my email was answered. Better than sitting on the phone for 4+ hours imo.

Not true, I did that last Saturday, waited over 5 hours.

In that case, forget weekends. :)

That being so, if you had tried calling at 11AM, you wouldn't have stood a chance of getting through.

In that case, forget weekends. :)

That being so, if you had tried calling at 11AM, you wouldn't have stood a chance of getting through.
That is true. It us just a shame because weekdays are not an option for me because I typically have work meetings beginning at 8am, and calling in the evening after work is too late. Not sure what they expect us to do.

UPDATE: I JUST BROKE THROUGH! See above...after being quoted hold times of 462 minutes, then 588 minutes, then 701 minutes (all on the same call), I was connected to a cast member at 11:45a. So I was on hold for three hours and 35 minutes. Not good, of course, but there is hope if you have that kind of patience and don't get disconnected! Good luck!
Did you ask why the long wait times.?

curious why the extreme wait times. Even when Covid hit it wasnt so bad. It is really since the recent IT thing ?

curious why the extreme wait times. Even when Covid hit it wasnt so bad. It is really since the recent IT thing ?
Yes. The "upgrade" messed with everything. Lots of bad emails sent out by DCL, and subsequently almost everyone who has a reservation on any cruise has been trying to call.

So I had this random e-mail this past Sunday from DCL. I did cancel a brunch but didn't do anything else. The only thing I noticed was that there was a $78 credit. With all of the problems on here it started to concern me and after looking at it more closely they deleted our transfers to the port for next Friday! The funny thing is that it's still showing as a credit on the site and they haven't refunded me yet. So now I get the fun of trying to contact them sometime this week. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter