Is a soda package needed?

Thanks, @bbel ! Wow, you're on RCCL now?! We'll be on the Anthem in June this year. Question: I saw there was coffee at the different cafes you mentioned. It's free? Is it any good? (Meaning better than DCL free coffee? Lol)

I'm not sure about the MDR (never eaten there) but you can get free coffee at different places depending on the ship (cafe promenade, Sorrento pizza, park cafe, near the pool) and it's also free with a continental breakfast order
Iced tea is also free at the places mentioned above. I know They do have chocolate milk because we get the out of date ones in the mess, I assume it's from the WJ, MDR, and room service.
Which ship are you going on?

You can even get a cappuccino in MDR included in your meal.

There is usually a beverage station on the pool deck with coffee, tea ( hot or cold), and water. You can also find hot cocoa mix at various beverage stations.

Wow , I'm very surprised cappuccinos are free in the MDRs! I'll have to tell my friend bc she always drinks coffee at dinner and we assumed it wouldn't be very good if it was free She's thinking of getting the beverage package but I told her to do the math since we'll be off the ship for two days. Thank you all!

We took our Girl Scout troop on a cruise last year and I did not have a beverage plan. I had a cappuccino each night with dessert. It was a nice way to end the day...if I couldn’t have wine.

Thanks, @bbel ! Wow, you're on RCCL now?! We'll be on the Anthem in June this year. Question: I saw there was coffee at the different cafes you mentioned. It's free? Is it any good? (Meaning better than DCL free coffee? Lol)

I am, been here almost 2 years haha (it seems to be coming quite a thing to come over to the 'dark side' for ex dcl cm)! Time flies...I haven't done quantum class...yet...
And all the cafes and set ups vary, very much so between the classes and also a little between ships within the classes, i think that's why there's so much conflicting info out there about royal...
I don't drink the free stuff in guest areas, but the stuff we get in the mess (which I assume is the same) I think is a lot better than the brown water we got at dcl...

Ah good for you! We cruised Royal a few weeks ago and loved it. Stay away from the fish heads, I heard they're there as well

Ah, i loved DCL but i much prefer royal so im glad you enjoyed it! Which ship were you on?
They are, but here at royal, even though i do the same job, I have 2 stripes (i had 0 at dcl lol)! Which means I get the officer mess food (not just crew mess food) and it's a lot easier to eat in guest areas than it ever was at disney, so luckily they're much more avoidable!

Ah, i loved DCL but i much prefer royal so im glad you enjoyed it! Which ship were you on?
They are, but here at royal, even though i do the same job, I have 2 stripes (i had 0 at dcl lol)! Which means I get the officer mess food (not just crew mess food) and it's a lot easier to eat in guest areas than it ever was at disney, so luckily they're much more avoidable!

Oh that's great that you have two stripes and rewarded for your hard work. And so nice to be able to avoid the fish heads, haha! My son lived on toast and salad and the care packages we sent him when he was on dcl.

We were on the Oasis and loved it. We're booking the Symphony next year. Which ship are you on? (If you're comfortable to say....)

Oh that's great that you have two stripes and rewarded for your hard work. And so nice to be able to avoid the fish heads, haha! My son lived on toast and salad and the care packages we sent him when he was on dcl.

We were on the Oasis and loved it. We're booking the Symphony next year. Which ship are you on? (If you're comfortable to say....)

I lived on bread rolls and cereal on dcl lol, so I feel his pain. I used to lose weight every contract tho, and now I put it on...
I'm currently on my 2nd vision class ship (the smaller ones) for the next few weeks. The biggest I've done is freedom class and loved it but it was hard work (the bigger the ship, the more duties, right now I practically get days off, on bigger ships that's unheard of). I don't know where I'm going next but should hear soon.
Is love to do oasis class tho. I know 3 ex dcl cm on symphony so wouldn't mind going there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter