Is a Savannah View room worth it at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village?

We prefer Kidani over Jambo. While Jambo is impressive, it's also very loud on our ears. Kidani's lobby on the other hand is typically very quiet (*there is a drum demonstration nightly that breaks the peace)

Also, the bus system going to the parks picks up at Kidani first, allowing for a better chance at a seat.

Good to know for those of us with kids that have some sensitivity to loud noises. That makes our choice of the two easy! :)
We'll be in Kidani Standard later this summer!

still say i would spend the money on one of the great safaris. ::yes:: i have taken my family on 3 of them and we saw so many more animals and learned a lot about them and their care. they are expensive but worthwhile.

still say i would spend the money on one of the great safaris. ::yes:: i have taken my family on 3 of them and we saw so many more animals and learned a lot about them and their care. they are expensive but worthwhile.

Aren't they only available to concierge guests?

Worth every point! It was amazing to watch how the animals would adapt to their surroundings to get food. Using their large horns, or the giraffe stealing food from the back of a truck. We would sit for hours and just watch.

i think there is one that is available to guest staying at any disney resort. ck with your dvc planner and they can tell you.

i believe the last one we went on (the one with the swinging bridges and really closeups of the animals) was open to anyone. that was really special.::yes::that safari leaves from the animal kingdom park and returns to the park.

poohj80 said:
Aren't they only available to concierge guests?

Nope. There is one that you must be staying Conceirge at any WDW resort to take, but the Wild Africa Trek can be booked by anyone (who is at least 8) and it is fantastic!

- Dreams

I love savanna view, and I doubt I could stay there without it. That being said, there are a LOT of things to see and do at the resort that make it almost a destination of its own.

We've had savanna view a couple times and it was nice. However, if cost is an issue, I would go with standard view. There are lots of places from which to view the animals.

We rarely pay for a view at any resort because we spend so little time in our room.

I think another thing to consider is what time of year are you going? If you are going during the colder months, it might not be so fun to go out and drink your coffee when it's in the 50's outside.

We stayed in a SV, one bedroom, for a long, relaxing weekend in March. While I loved sitting on the balcony in the morning watching the keepers feed the animals, it's not a must do for me if I'm staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom. I think I'd rather use those extra points to squeeze out another weekend trip in a studio.

we are akv founding members and absolutely love it. we usually stay sav. and club if i make res in time.:goodvibes

we have been on 3 different safaris and love them all. at least one of the is only for club level guests, but i don't remember which it is. they are all worth doing at least once. disney does an amazing job with the animals.:thumbsup2

i don't think i will ever get to make that trip to africa........so this is the next best thing.

We are driving home after staying in a one bedroom at kidani for 8 nights.

We stayed at animal kingdom lodge several years ago when kidani was being built. We booked standard view, but ended up with savannah view since it also included construction in the distance.

For this trip, we booked standard view again. I requested near the pool and Pembe savannah and got both!! We were right in the edge of the savannah near the pool, but saw lots if animals throughout the day. It was great!

WE would rather stay at Disney world for an extra few days, and save money. Savanna view is nice. But there are plenty of viewing areas. Also we don't spend alot of time in our room.

I think there are so many great places to view animals outside the room around the resort. Great big ol' rockers and just a comfortable place to relax and have a drink.

Re: the safaris. The morning one that u eat at tusker house after is for cl guests only and the night one that u eat at jiko and don't go to the ak park u stay at the resort is for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We had this same dilemma for our June trip. Finally decided on a 2-bedroom standard view to save points for a F/W festival trip this fall. I also booked Kidani for the extra bathroom (traveling with four girls). During on line checkin I requested Pembe view. We were very pleased with our view upon arrival. It was definitely a standard view, but we could see the edge of the savannah.

I was very glad I hadn't spent the extra points on a view. Honestly, we spent most of our time in the parks and only spent a few minutes each day on the balcony. We had a rental car and loved parking under the resort. We also liked the pool area very much.

We decided to return to AKL for a savannah stay for a trip where visiting the parks is optional. We met a family from NJ who were there for a week just staying at the hotel. Kids were participating in a lot of hotel activities and they were doing a nice sit down meal each night. That sounded like a really nice vacation to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter