Is a Savannah View room worth it at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village?

Sometimes we stay in Savannah view, sometimes not. If the budget is a real concern, I would skip it and enjoy the Savannah from the public viewing areas. $725 is alot of money in my book and if it means you will enjoy your vacation more to spend that $725 elsewhere, or save it altogether, my recommendation would be to skip it.

AKL is so far from everything that I personally wouldn't stay there without
a. a rental car
b. a savannah view
If we couldn't get a savannah view we would just stay at Wilderness Lodge Villas and then see animals when we went to Animal Kingdom. For us the special part of staying either at Kidani or Jambo House is seeing the animals outside our room, that's what makes the distance from everything else worth it. I think otherwise I would book at a different resort.

We usually go with a pool view if paying cash OOP. We usually go with standard views for the most part, unless it's a special occasion. At AKL, you can view animals from various places around the hotel. We don't spend much time in the room anyways. I'd save the money for other things. For me, watching animals for a maximum of 2-3 hours wouldn't be worth $700 more.

I am here right now...looking out at animals. If I stay at Akl again, which I probably will, it will have to be sv.

For me, it's worth it. I think one of my all time favorite memories is drinking my morning coffee, sitting on the balcony and watching the animals. I will never forget that experience.

As someone posted up thread, it's a personal choice.

I am a huge advocate for the SV and it is our favorite. However, that is a big chunk of change to save. We usually stay at Jambo, but a few months ago tried out Kidani. The SV was amazing, but there are nice viewing areas around the resort to enjoy. I can't believe I am saying this, but I would probably go with the cheaper room and use that money to enjoy other perks.
Regardless of what you choose, Kidani is beautiful!

Likes and dislikes are such a personal thing. Until you experience the resorts for yourself, you will really never know.

We own at AKV and we think the animals are OK but no big deal. You will probably see some animals from your room but it could be anything. Disney puts out bait to keep the animals around, it's not like the animals love to people watch so they hang outside your room.

Some of the public viewing areas have more animals because Disney baits more there. If you love animals, you will have a nice time at AKV no matter where you stay.

:earsboy: Bill

We stayed at a Standard view room at Jambo house in March. I wasn't expecting to see any animals so I was pleasantly surprised when our room had a view with animals. We also viewed animals from other spots around the resort.

We went knowing that we had a standard view, and our family was fine with that. However, if I had kids that were expecting a fabulous animal experience from their room, they may be disappointed. Also, I doubt all standard view rooms have a view of animals.

We stayed at a Standard view room at Jambo house in March. I wasn't expecting to see any animals so I was pleasantly surprised when our room had a view with animals. We also viewed animals from other spots around the resort.

We went knowing that we had a standard view, and our family was fine with that. However, if I had kids that were expecting a fabulous animal experience from their room, they may be disappointed. Also, I doubt all standard view rooms have a view of animals.

Yes, most standard view at Jambo should be pool view.
At Kidani, I think most of standard view are the bus stop/parking view. Many remaining rooms are pool view which transitions to partial savanna view.

At one point your room required savanna view points, but there were too many complaints about an obstructed view and/or the "dreaded people pen" (if you spend balcony time looking straight down instead of looking out to the animals :confused3

AKL is so far from everything that I personally wouldn't stay there without
a. a rental car
b. a savannah view
If we couldn't get a savannah view we would just stay at Wilderness Lodge Villas and then see animals when we went to Animal Kingdom. For us the special part of staying either at Kidani or Jambo House is seeing the animals outside our room, that's what makes the distance from everything else worth it. I think otherwise I would book at a different resort.

We found the bus service at AKL to be outstanding. Because there are only two stops you are on your way quickly. Unlike BWV when you have five resorts to deal with. Sorry to be off topic. We always get a SV. But the money is significant. There are many viewing stations around the resort with guides to tell interesting facts about the animals. It is delightful to sit in a rocking chair and watch the animals. Whatever you decide have a great trip.

For us, the whole point of AKV/AKL is the ambiance and the savanna view. We wouldn't stay there without it unless we really needed to save points and got a value room. We absolutely love AKV because it is such an immersive experience, but if we couldn't have that (bc in our view, without savanna view you don't), we'd rather stay at one of the locations more convenient to a park.

I have another question for you AKV experts...if you had a choice between Kidani Village or Jambo House, do you have a preference and why? It would be a standard view studio either location since that's all that's available right now.

Thanks!

On what floor(s) are the standard view rooms in Jambo house?

I have another question for you AKV experts...if you had a choice between Kidani Village or Jambo House, do you have a preference and why? It would be a standard view studio either location since that's all that's available right now.

Thanks!

We prefer Kidani over Jambo. While Jambo is impressive, it's also very loud on our ears. Kidani's lobby on the other hand is typically very quiet (*there is a drum demonstration nightly that breaks the peace)

Also, the bus system going to the parks picks up at Kidani first, allowing for a better chance at a seat.

We prefer Kidani over Jambo. While Jambo is impressive, it's also very loud on our ears. Kidani's lobby on the other hand is typically very quiet (*there is a drum demonstration nightly that breaks the peace)

Also, the bus system going to the parks picks up at Kidani first, allowing for a better chance at a seat.

Thanks for the response! We have stayed at Kidani before but never Jambo Villas. We liked being closer to teh quick service at Jambo but didn't know about bus route since we typically drive ourselves (but are flying this time).

To me, staying at AKV without a SV is like going to the beach for the weekend and not having an ocean view room. There's animals out there! A giraffe or zebra or gazelle --- in your backyard! EEEEK! :)

- Dreams

We loved our savannah view. The kids ask about when we can go back to the "hotel with animals." You don't see much in the late evening (when it is all dark), but every morning we saw the animals, as well as when we were at the resort in the afternoon and early evenings. We also enjoyed walking from our room down the long hall and seeing the animals on the way to the lobby. The whole reason we stayed at AKL - Kidani was to see the animals.

Thanks for the response! We have stayed at Kidani before but never Jambo Villas. We liked being closer to teh quick service at Jambo but didn't know about bus route since we typically drive ourselves (but are flying this time).

Personally, for a studio I prefer Jambo...mostly for the better food options.
In addition, Jambo standard view is pool view or partial savanna.
Most of Kidani standard is the parking/bus stop view.

To me, staying at AKV without a SV is like going to the beach for the weekend and not having an ocean view room. There's animals out there! A giraffe or zebra or gazelle --- in your backyard! EEEEK! :)

- Dreams

Yes, I don't get the (1 and 2BR) villas at Vero for that reason :confused3

I love balcony time, so I think savanna view is worth it...unless it messes up your trip. I'm about to have a trip in Kidani Standard, hopefully a partial savanna view...but this was a "last minute" trip and for high summer points and availability, my choice was mostly OKW or Kidani Standard..and I chose Kidani.

But this thread is amusing...it sounds like the OP's question was answered a few pages back :goodvibes

We've had both savanna and standard views. For $700, I'd take the standard. WE returned 2 wks ago from Kidani standard view. Every evening the kids and I would walk down to the outdoor covered "porches" right off the lobby, fill up our refillable mugs, and watch the animals for 30 minutes or so.

It looks like I'm in the minority, but I'm good with a few minutes each day of seeing the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter