IrishEyes's Planning Journal - 9-6-07 - I'm MARRIED! Teaser pics pg 6!

Thanks so much Cinderella :)

Summer - I'm doing really good actually. I had a couple cheat days where I ate horrible and didn't work out b/c our AC was broke. So we stayed at my moms. But the scale is still going down. It has totally paid off. I'm a SIZE 8!!!! That means I have dropped 2 dress sizes since April. I almost dont believe it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... I know you all probably think I'm nuts but...

I bought a new dress.

Now... I want it to be known that I did try really hard with the first one. I would look at it and love it. But then I would put it on... and I would try and try and try to convince myself to love it ON ME. And I couldn't. I hated every picture of me in it.

Soooo.. New dress.

So here is the OLD dress:
lisadress.jpg

And... here is my NEW dress which was almost 3x as much. But I got it on sale, so it was only 2x as much.:love:
newdress.jpg
:love: :cloud9:

So, first of all, it's a size 8 (which may have been my problem with the original dress... it was a size big). But I think it's much more flattering... and it's just so unique looking.

Now I'm just worried about my jewelry and such being ok. Plus my veil is only about mid back / waist lenght... so is that okay?

Oh I love your new dress. Much more flattering. I think your veil will still be ok. Just try them all on together and see what you think.

wow!! I liked the first dress alot but I LOVE this one!! looks incredible on you - congrats on joining the "two dress crew" :rotfl2: there's alot of us in it!!

what will you do with the first one?

Michelle :cloud9:

wow!! I liked the first dress alot but I LOVE this one!! looks incredible on you - congrats on joining the "two dress crew" :rotfl2: there's alot of us in it!!

what will you do with the first one?

Heehee :) Thanks Michelle! I'm happy to be the newest member! And, here is the amazing news... the bridal shop let me EXCHANGE the first dress!!!:yay:

I was fully anticipating having to put the first one up on ebay... but I walked in and my consultant was working. So she just looks at me and starts to laugh, b/c I had the most distraught look on my face. (She knew I was iffy about the dress after I picked up the size 10). So then she turns to my FMIL, and she says "Lisa is my favorite bride". Then she asked me where my dress was (it was out in the car). And she said, okay, you know the drill. Pick out the dresses you want to try on and then go back to your room and I'll bring them back.

So she just let me exchange... no questions asked. It was some of the best pixie dust / blessing EVER. I bought the dress right off the rack, which is why I think it was like $200 off.

good for you!!!! that makes it even sweeter!!! :yay:

Your dress kinda looks like a Pronovias. Is it? Those dresses are gorgeous. It's looks amazing on you, great choice! :thumbsup2

Your dress kinda looks like a Pronovias. Is it? Those dresses are gorgeous. It's looks amazing on you, great choice! :thumbsup2

Thank you SO much :) It's a Monique Luo... but it does remind me of some of the Pronovias styles. I just adore it because its got a high-fashion appeal like a lot of the Italian designers... but still is princessy :)

Plus my wonderful FMIL paid for it for me... It was so generous of her.

I thought the 1st dress was lovely .. but this dress is YOU! It is so flattering and I can tell by your photo that you really love it! You will be a gorgeous bride! :thumbsup2

As a member of the 2 dress crew, I welcome you with open arms;)
I love your new dress, it's so unusual and it looks great on you, you are going to be stunning on your wedding day, I can't wait to see pics and read your TR.
Congratulations on all the weight loss, that's amazing, you're a size 8, YAY:banana: :banana: I noticed on your ticker you still want to lose another 17 pounds, really? You don't look like you need to lose any more at all.
I'm staying on Atkins induction for another 2 weeks, I lost 8 pounds in the first 2 so I'd be really happy to lose another 8:)
You must be getting so excited, you're getting really close!

Oh my, i think you made a great decision with that second dress!! While the first one was beautiful, this one is stunning! It looks beautiful on you, and congratulations on the weight loss, no easy feat, and you look fantastic! :thumbsup2

Aww...I love both dresses, but definately LOVE the second one. I think I almost tried on that exact same dress! But didn't think I could ever pull it off...but oh my goodness...you DO!! It was MADE for you!!! You are going to be SO pretty on your wedding day! Congrats..and Im so happy your consultant helped you out and was understanding about the dress. :hug:

angel*lady Thank you so much :) I am MUCH happier with my new dress! I loved it the second I put it on.

Summer Heehee :) We should have a "2 Dress Crew" party, lol. I think there are enough of us on here. And thank you for your comments! The nice thing about the dress is that it disguises the tummy bulge that I have from my c-section 7 months ago. So I've got these love handles and tummy bulge I still have to lose, plus a bit in my arms. The dress hides it all very well, lol.

BrcsDisneyPrncs Thank you!!!!! I definately feel like I can see my weight loss in the new dress :)

OceanGdss You know... I almost tried it on the first time... but I didn't b/c it was designer and I felt I didn't have the figure to wear the more European dresses. I just gave it a shot this time b/c I thought it looked so neat. I'm so happy I did :)

I love your new dress. It has so much more personality. When I saw your old dress, I thought you looked like a princess...very pretty, but in the new dress you look fabulous!

Okay. This wedding is creeping up on me.

I had to cut out the Landau coach :( When I found out that you still use it... even if it rains... it just seemed like a scary potential waste of $2000. We're doing a MK photoshoot now, which is less money and hopefully wont be affected by the weather.

So. Here is a breakdown:

September 4th:
Get up at 7am and checkin online for our plane. Getting a lavendar body polish at my spa at 9am. Then home to finish packing and finalizing whatever needs to be finalized. That afternoon I will be returning to the spa to get a super fancy mani/pedi with my sis and best friend.

September 5th:
Heading to Florida! Arrive at the airport at 5:00am for our 7:00am flight. Arrive in Orlando at 9:00am. Pick up our rental car (a Mitsubishi Spyder, :rotfl:). Check in (or drop baggage off) at the Wilderness Lodge. Check in DF (or drop baggage off) at the AllStar Music Resort. Meet up (time TBD) with Randy for our engagement photoshoot. Touch base with people as they arrive before heading over to MGM Studios to do dinner at the Hollywood Brown Derby at 7:50. Just the two of us.

September 6th:
Wedding day!! Up at 8am and ready for Lisa P. and her ladies to come and doll up myself and my 4 bridesmaids. Wedding at 2:30. Dinner at 5:30 at Citricos. Our menu has a trio of appetizers (gateau of crab, onion tart, and something shrimp), a salad, a choice of entree, and for dessert... the infamous Cinderella Slipper dessert. After dinner, we bid our guests goodnight and head over to the Wilderness Lodge marina (via towncar) at 8:15. Board our Wishes Cruise boat (complete with Champagne and Strawberries) at 9:00.

September 7th:
Magic Kingdom day! We have ADR's at the Crystal Palace for breakfast and at CRT for dinner.

September 8th:
Epcott day! ADR's for Rose & Crown pub for lunch (mmm... Guinness) and for Coral Reef for dinner. We will be meeting up with some of our friends on this day to hang out in Epcott and take part in the "Disney Crawl" after dinner... led by me of course ;) I always get fuzzy about the time I hit Norway...

September 9th:
Animal Kingdom day! ADR's at Restaurantosaurus for breakfast and Victoria & Albert's for dinner. *squeak* We'll be arriving in style in our Spyder that DF desperately wanted us to rent, lol.

September 10th:
This is actually the day I am most looking forward to. (Okay, aside from the wedding day). Sea World. We have the tickets.. plus we paid an extra amount to do a special 'backstage' tour where you get advanced seating at all of the shows and stuff... AND... YOU GET TO PLAY WITH A PENGUIN. :love: *dies*. I am a penguin fanatic. After this day we're doing the dinner with Shamu. Then we're going to go return our rental car, and afterward... we may head over to Universal's City Walk.

September 11th:
Up at 3am (ugh) to get ready for our MK photoshoot which is, unmercifully, at 5am. After the shoot we will be going back to bed. When we wake up, we'll head over to MGM... and we have ADR's for Mam Melrose for dinner.

Semptember 12th:
We have ADR's at the Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. We'll head to the airport at like 4pm to catch our 6:30 flight out, so we'll probably just play it low key this day. Maybe catch some stuff we didn't catch, or pick up souveniers... or maybe just hang out at the pool.

ToDo:
Contact Randy about times for engagement shoot.
Contact Randy about special requests/etc for wedding photos.
Schedule hair appointment for two weeks prior to wedding for highlights

Oooh, it all sounds so great. I so wish I could have been there when you are, it's so typical we just miss eachother:sad2:
I'm getting so excited for you:hyper:, you have done so well on your weight loss, you really don't need to worry, you will be a true princess on your wedding dayprincess:

I've been sort of MIA and just realized you got a new dress -- it looks great on you!! Your first dress is the exact same one as my first dress :lmao: Unfortunately, my current dress was purchased somewhere else so I didn't get to exchange mine. Yay for eBay!

Well. I have been just awful about updating my Planning Journal. I apologize, ladies!!

Eighteen days. I cannot believe it.

I just finished putting together gift bags. They aren't really "welcome" bags since we are giving them out next week. They have gifts and goodies that will be good for travel. I am hoping everyone likes them :) I have to print out our little "thank you" letter / itinerary and they are all done.

I'm trying to decide if my original veil still works with this new dress. Same with the jewelry / tiara.

Here are the potential hairstyles:

HalfUpHalfDown.jpg

OR... similar in the front... but up:
MirrorMirrorFirstPlace.jpg

I think it's really going to depend on how hot it is the day of the wedding. Half up is my first choice... but I dont want to melt.

Ooohh... very pretty hairstyles! I was hoping for half up myself but at my trial-run back in March, my stylist decided my hair was just too thin and didn't hold a curl well enough for half up. It would just go flat in the heat and humidity of early September. So mine will be all up.

Congrats on finishing the travel gift bags!!

OOh, i love those hairstyles, the half up ones i like better, but its more important to be comfortable, and i'm sure you will look beautiful either way! I love that you have your trip planned out already, i'm very excited for you! So close!

i think your hairstyle choices are beautiful!

and guess what...your wedding is sooooo soon! hope you are having fun (and not stressing out too much) getting ready!

can't wait for pictures!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter