iPhone envy so I got the next best thing

drakethib

DIS Veteran
Well I still don't have an iphone (I have a company provided treo) I couldn't stand it any more (I had iphone envy) so I went out and bought an itouch. This thing is supercool. I am posting from it now.

So I guess I will still have iPhone envy b
if this is the next best thing

If anyone can recommend some good apps please let me know

When I read the subject in your post I thought you were going to say you got a Mac Book Air. :goodvibes

Well I still don't have an iphone (I have a company provided treo) I couldn't stand it any more (I had iphone envy) so I went out and bought an itouch. This thing is supercool. I am posting from it now.

So I guess I will still have iPhone envy b
if this is the next best thing

If anyone can recommend some good apps please let me know

I was in the Apple store yesterday looking at the iTouch. Gotta admit, if I did not have to put brakes and tires on the truck this week, I'd be posting from my new one also. Enjoy! They are slick.

My hubby has an iTouch and looooooooooves it! He's constantly checking everywhere we go to see if he's got a wi-fi connection. Cracks me up...yet annoys me at the same time...lol

I was in about the same boat, I got the iTouch and had it for a couple days when I realized I wanted more, so I returned it and got the phone. I was already and ATT customer so the transition was simple... but once I realized the interface was so great and that I wanted internetaccess everywhere, it was a no brainer.

I was in about the same boat, I got the iTouch and had it for a couple days when I realized I wanted more, so I returned it and got the phone. I was already and ATT customer so the transition was simple... but once I realized the interface was so great and that I wanted internetaccess everywhere, it was a no brainer.

Understood.

Moneywise the Itouch and Iphone are note much difference in cost.

It just makes no sense in my case to get a contract with ATT for an Iphone at 70 bucks or month or so when my employer supplies my with a PDA phone with Internet access for free.

I guess I will just have Iphone envy for ever.

My Dh also has th Touch and it is very cool - he rally wanted an IPhone but the monthly tariff in the UK is too much:confused3

It is funny -I heard Pete and co saying how much they loved the Apple store, well we come all the way from Scotland on holiday to sit outside the Apple Store while DH disappears inside for hours!!! I wonder what he will buy this year ;)

I did not think I would use the touch as much as I am.

Kind of cool not having to drag the laptop out everytime I want to check the web

You should JailBreak your iTouch (but you didn't hear it from me and don't blame me if you accidentally mess it up although that is unlikley)

My friends JailBroke theirs and I wanted to JailBreak my iPhone but I am too scared because it cost me 600 bucks

You should JailBreak your iTouch (but you didn't hear it from me and don't blame me if you accidentally mess it up although that is unlikley)

My friends JailBroke theirs and I wanted to JailBreak my iPhone but I am too scared because it cost me 600 bucks

PM sent

I'm buying my itouch in the next few days. What is jailbrake?

It voids the warranty of your iPhone or iTouch and if it messes it up...you are out of luck.

You now own an expensive paperweight.

Actually, it doesn't void your warranty, you can easily restore it to factory settings.

As a proud iPhone owner, it seems as if many are yearning the iPhone mainly for its hype. It's great to have, and I've become more acustomed to it's capabilities since I got it 5 months ago.

The main differences between the iPod Touch and the iPhone are obviously, the difference in price, and the phone capabilities. not to mention the camera.

I was originally going to go for the iPod touch, but got the iPhone instead because they were the same price at the time. ($299) The iPhone was on clearance, (the 4gb model) so I decided to go for that. I'm happy with the decision I made, but between the two, if you're needing a new cell phone, and you want the iPod touch, go for it if you have the money. If not, the iPod touch is a great product.

Please correct me if I am wrong,
a difference betwen the iphone and itouch is that the itouch uses wifi and you have to be in a wifi area to get on the web, and on the iphone you can always connect to the web (through the phone I guess).

I hope that makes sense

Patti

Please correct me if I am wrong,
a difference betwen the iphone and itouch is that the itouch uses wifi and you have to be in a wifi area to get on the web, and on the iphone you can always connect to the web (through the phone I guess).

I hope that makes sense

Patti

yeah that's right

the iPhone has edge and wifi...

A lot of people say the edge is slow, which i'll agree with - it is pretty slow, it depends on your service. I use mine more in a wifi area when I can. I use the edge just to get my email. Wifi is considerably faster.

My DH got me an iTouch for my birthday in December and I love :love: it!!! Of course having my DH mess with it last night and him erasing almost all of my music off isn't so great :headache: but what can ya do? :goodvibes

I have a 80gb ipod and love it. I would love to have an Iphone, but not until the exclusivity deal is up with AT&T. I have read it was a five year deal. The sales on the Iphone would have been better if people had more provider options.

An Ipod touch would be great but, I would fill it up in a day. I have currently 50gb used on my Ipod.

Before you jailbreak your iTouch, make sure you have the latest software upgrade -- it costs about $20, and it gives you maps, weather, online Apple games, etc. Check the Apple site for info.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter