Invitations

If you are asking me, the paper I used is called Petallics. I actually had three different colors on my invitations. The paper is so pretty!!! I think you can search it on the web by that name. :goodvibes

I LOVE these invites! I've done the box card b4, but can you give some other details on what you did.... are they all different stamps? where did you find them? What a great, original idea!! Thanks for sharing it

I had the castle stamps on my invitations and I put the picture of DH and I on the RSVP envelopes. So, I did just the two stamps and I made them at zazzle.com I used pictures from my camera. You can also have Disney stamps but I never did figure out how to make that happen. I was very pleased with my stamps though and it was neat to add the writing to them as well :goodvibes

Thanks so much for that info! I checked out zazzle.com and it is great. i am really new to the card making process but finding it lots of fun. Can you explain how you did the inside of the invites? I know the 2 seperate sheets of paper, but on the clear paper did you just print that design out on a printer... they are not wood stamps are they? And the wording is so cute, how did you do that? sorry to be a bother, but ur invites are really the best I've seen (at least for me) and would like to do a black and white version of your card. As many details as possible would be extremely helpful! I'm going to check out paper at a scrapbook store today! I'm so excited!! Thanks again for any help you could provide.

yeesh, I'm in way over my head..! :lmao:

I was never the type of girl to think of weddings and what not, so now that I'm engaged I've started looking at all of this stuff. Looking through this thread has made me realise how very little I know when it comes to organising a wedding!

Oh well, at least I've got a few years to work out exactly what it is I want...

Okay, I will try and describe the process. The clear overlays are called vellum paper. The one we picked was named iridescent and it had those little iridescent spots that picked up colors sort of like a rainbow :goodvibes
DSC01308-1.jpg

We picked the picture of Mickey and Minnie (my sister found it on the web) and we printed the Sweethearts for Life, our names, the picture, and the peace love mickey mouse underneath the picture onto the vellum. We used the Disney font only for the big wording. It did not look well on the smaller writing at all!

The shiny paper we used is Petallics:
Petallicpapers.jpg
The green color - Spring Larch is not in the picture though. We printed the rest of the invitation on the green paper sized exactly the same as the vellum. We hunted for a way to put a mickey at the top of the invites. We finally came up with the tiny round black brads for the ears and a slightly bigger round black brad for the head of Mickey. We did a tiny hole punch through the vellum and green paper and placed the head of Mickey through it and sealed the brad on the back. We then took a pin and poked a tiny hole on each side to put the ears through and then pressed the brad down on the back. What was so amazing was that by sealing the larger square paper behind the green paper, the brads on the back of Mickey were covered up and so professional looking!!! :lovestruc We used a small applicator of double sided scrapbooking tape or sticky film (not sure what it is called) to seal the green and blue paper together.

I hope my description is not too confusing :laughing: Good luck and I hope you will come back and post your invites too :flower3:
DSC01317.jpg

Verse:

Sweethearts for Life
Because you have shared in our lives
with your friendship and love
the honour of your presence is requested
at the reaffirmation of the wedding vows of
Lisa and Rick ------

On the left side of Mickey and Minnie, we put the day, date, time of wedding and the location. On the right side, we put Reception following and the location of the reception. Hope this helps you :)

All these invites are great! Thanks for sharing! I am really hoping to see some Beauty and the Beast themed ones.

Leslie

Ok, I used to be good at all of this crafting stuff, but then I had 2 kids and moved out to the boonies!!!:rotfl2:
I was going to order just plain preprinted invites, but now you have me inspired. We'll see how well I do!
I tried to make a save the date myself by using Photoshop to write on a picture. I was pretty impressed with myself until I saw these...

These are our save the dates, we haven't finished our invites yet.

IMG_1408-1.jpg

IMG_1405-1.jpg

These are real room keys that we requested blank on our last vacation. The girl at the check in desk was really excited when I told her what I wanted to do with them. We then printed what we wanted on to some clear sticky plastic sheets and stuck it on. You could easily stick some magnetic stips to the back of them if you wanted but we didn't.

Our guests were really excited when they got them, they thought Disney had sent them.

These are real room keys that we requested blank on our last vacation. The girl at the check in desk was really excited when I told her what I wanted to do with them. We then printed what we wanted on to some clear sticky plastic sheets and stuck it on. You could easily stick some magnetic stips to the back of them if you wanted but we didn't.

Our guests were really excited when they got them, they thought Disney had sent them.

I love that idea!!! They are so cute!

My DF and I still have to pick out invitations. Any other pictures would be wonderful to help me (well us )get some ideas! :)

This is what I'm going to do.

/Users/massie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Jan 13, 2009_2/9-26-08 MSW monograms_Page_4 lo-res.jpg

Here are the invitation and response card I made for our at home wedding and Disney-themed reception. We bought one of the printable packs, so I could design them myself! I got the idea for some of the wording from pasts threads on invitations, so thanks! :goodvibes

The border and the hearts are actually silver. The scanner just did not pick up on that.

Invitation
148433Invitation_Copy-med.JPG

Response Card
148433Response_Card1-med.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter