Invitations

TurtleBug

Earning My Ears
What is everyone using for their invites? If possible, can you post a picture of the invite you are using in this thread?

Leslie

I had mine customed designed. The girl who did this for me was a past bride on the board.

std.jpg

I don't have a scan of our final invitation. My printer/all in one is broken. I really liked having everything custom designed. I really liked having that special touch.

However, this girl is REALLY talented! She has done alot here in Dallas for many high profile people and she is very reasonable.

http://imajdesign.net/

I had mine customed designed. The girl who did this for me was a past bride on the board.

std.jpg

I don't have a scan of our final invitation. My printer/all in one is broken. I really liked having everything custom designed. I really liked having that special touch.

However, this girl is REALLY talented! She has done alot here in Dallas for many high profile people and she is very reasonable.

http://imajdesign.net/

Very nice!

Leslie

I was going to design my own invitations but kinda ran out of time, so I copied ones I saw in a magazine and liked but couldn't afford (gulp!). I am very lucky to have a friend who owns a letterpress stationery business, so he printed the invitation cards, the reply cards, the envelopes, and the thank you notes, which look like blank reply cards.

I designed the folders and the Itinerary/Transportation Schedule and had them printed from a PDF on a color copier at a print house. They look just as good as offset printing but cost half as much!

fullset2copy.jpg

invatationcopy.jpg

replycardcopy.jpg

schedulecopy.jpg

fullsetinenvelopecopy.jpg

I was going to design my own invitations but kinda ran out of time, so I copied ones I saw in a magazine and liked but couldn't afford (gulp!). I am very lucky to have a friend who owns a letterpress stationery business, so he printed the invitation cards, the reply cards, the envelopes, and the thank you notes, which look like blank reply cards.

I designed the folders and the Itinerary/Transportation Schedule and had them printed from a PDF on a color copier at a print house. They look just as good as offset printing but cost half as much!

fullset2copy.jpg

invatationcopy.jpg

replycardcopy.jpg

schedulecopy.jpg

fullsetinenvelopecopy.jpg

Beautiful!

Leslie

I have a suggestion for a moderator - can this topic be sticky? I think it's really helpful to those looking for ideas and I have a feeling it's something everyone would be interested in.

Here are my invitations. I got them from Impressions.

Outside invitation
invitations001-1.jpg

Inside
invitations004-1.jpg

Wording up close
words4.jpg

Response card
invitations006-1.jpg

Reception card
invitations007-1.jpg

stickers for the envelopes
invitations013-1.jpg

I really like how you added the thing about no kids.. it's done very tastefully... I know some people take offense when their kids are not invited, but how can they with your reception card worded like that! Great Job!

I really like how you added the thing about no kids.. it's done very tastefully... I know some people take offense when their kids are not invited, but how can they with your reception card worded like that! Great Job!

Haha thanks. We are all ready way over our guest limit so we had to cut the kids. And honestly I love kids to death I work with them but sometimes you just a need a night for you ...... Without kids. So far we haven't had any huge issues, most of our guests with kids think it's great to have a night without them. I've only had one person making a big stink about the kids which would be FMIL about her 2 nieces but she's not paying so she gets no say. (YIKES that kind of sounds bad :scared1:)

I used the all white Mickey and Minnie invite. Mickey and Minnie are on the front and they are shiny. Mickey is holding Minnie in his arms. I don't have enough posts yet to upload a picture. :cool2:

I actually just created my STD boarding passes.

I plan on making them into magnets and when I do my invites I am going to stick to the same theme and again use boarding passes since we will all be flying for my wedding

SaveTheDate.jpg

Here is a sample of what I plan on using....
the outside
fairytaleweddingcard.jpg

then I added the verse...
048.jpg

then the inside....
050.jpg

on one side is the magnet and on the other is a verse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter