Inventions restaurant themed Sunday brunch

When i rung the guy said it is a special halloween character brunch, just like the sunday brunches. So i made a reservation. Maybe i should ring again for more info.

Wait until the end of the week. They'll probably change their story three or four more times until then. :rolleyes1

I phoned today to make my reservations and they said just a normal lunch on the 31st and the brunch on the 1st so who knows! I booked for both just in case, we only want to attend the Halloween one though so will have to wait until its clearer! Can't afford to do it twice with five of us :scared:

oh man these look awesome!

I wish I was there on a Sunday, but I'm not.

Question about character meals in general, would it be weird for me to book one if I am alone? Also would someone take my picture for me??

I phoned today to make my reservations and they said just a normal lunch on the 31st and the brunch on the 1st so who knows! I booked for both just in case, we only want to attend the Halloween one though so will have to wait until its clearer! Can't afford to do it twice with five of us :scared:

How annoying! I've booked both as well, so I'll see you there! :rotfl2:

Maybe if we ring about a week or so before they'll know for definite!

oh man these look awesome!

I wish I was there on a Sunday, but I'm not.

Question about character meals in general, would it be weird for me to book one if I am alone? Also would someone take my picture for me??
I've seen people on their own before and it definitely wouldn't be an issue. You can ask the character's handlers to take a picture for you.

I'm alone there often and it's never been an issue. The servers are always friendly and attentive. Often even the characters helped me get help.

I've seen people on their own before and it definitely wouldn't be an issue. You can ask the character's handlers to take a picture for you.

Thanks for the reply!

I might have to look at my restaurant wish list and see where I could fit in a character meal.... and which one!

I'm alone there often and it's never been an issue. The servers are always friendly and attentive. Often even the characters helped me get help.

Thank you!

I had read one of your reviews where you were alone... and loved it!

some serious thinking to do :scratchin thinking about booking character meal

On the phone with Dining Reservations as I type this.

We have had a change in stories for the 27th time...

The meal on the 31st is no character brunch at all anymore (???) and the theme for November 1 is "cuisiniere", which about translates to "cooking" I guess. Now if you have the same reaction as me and squeal "Ratatouille!", you squealed too early. The special guest for this meal is Max.

I'm currently on hold, the nice woman I am speaking to is trying to find out where the Halloween brunch disappeared to. Will update when I am off hold.

EDIT: Neither the CM I spoke to nor her supervisor have any clue where the Halloween brunch disappeared to. Both clearly remember seeing it on the schedule. As it stands now October 31st is a normal lunch without any characters.

Theme for November 3 is Snow White.

On the phone with Dining Reservations as I type this.

We have had a change in stories for the 27th time...

The meal on the 31st is no character brunch at all anymore (???) and the theme for November 1 is "cuisiniere", which about translates to "cooking" I guess. Now if you have the same reaction as me and squeal "Ratatouille!", you squealed too early. The special guest for this meal is Max.

I'm currently on hold, the nice woman I am speaking to is trying to find out where the Halloween brunch disappeared to. Will update when I am off hold.

EDIT: Neither the CM I spoke to nor her supervisor have any clue where the Halloween brunch disappeared to. Both clearly remember seeing it on the schedule. As it stands now October 31st is a normal lunch without any characters.

Theme for November 3 is Snow White.

That's ridiculous! What's the point in putting on an extra brunch during the Halloween week and then not giving it a Halloween Theme? :confused3

We will still go on the 1st, especially as we have never met Max before, but I can't help but say I'm a little disappointed.

Thank goodness for this amazing board, else I'd have arrived there on the 31st with a very disappointed 6 year old.

That's ridiculous! What's the point in putting on an extra brunch during the Halloween week and then not giving it a Halloween Theme? :confused3

We will still go on the 1st, especially as we have never met Max before, but I can't help but say I'm a little disappointed.

Thank goodness for this amazing board, else I'd have arrived there on the 31st with a very disappointed 6 year old.

Anyone's guess. The poor CM seemed as stunned as you and me.

I'm hoping I can get boyfriend to go on the 1st. I'm with you there, I am a little disappointed too. Last year's Halloween brunch was so amazing.

November 1 is a holiday in France. I keep forgetting the French name. It's All Saints Day. That may be the reason for the November 1 date, but certainly the theme doesn't really make sense.

I'll try and call back in a week to see if the story sticks this time. After that I'll be in California unfortunately and can't check anymore. I'll be back on the 29th, so hopefully I can do a last check before we leave on the 30th. But most of you will have travelled a that point.

This is really confusing i booked halloween brunch 60 days before date and confirmed in last week. I rang dining reservations again today to confirm and asked if there was characters and the lady said yes of course. Think im going to email dl hotel.

This is really confusing i booked halloween brunch 60 days before date and confirmed in last week. I rang dining reservations again today to confirm and asked if there was characters and the lady said yes of course. Think im going to email dl hotel.

Let us know what they say please. I tried doing that with this change and the change before that and still have to receive a reply. *sighs*

here is my reply -

Dear Madam,

We are delighted to confirm that there will indeed be an halloween lunch at Inventions on 31st October.

Should we be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Lionel

Concierges' desk.

Disneyland Hotel.

here is my reply -

Dear Madam,

We are delighted to confirm that there will indeed be an halloween lunch at Inventions on 31st October.

Should we be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Lionel

Concierges' desk.

Disneyland Hotel.

Oooh interesting, although it doesn't specifially say that it's a Halloween Lunch with characters?

When I first rang I was told that it would be a halloween themed lunch without characters, then it was changed to a brunch with characters and then they changed their story again.

Maybe you could ask Lionel if it is definitely with characters.. at least then you have it in writing should it change it again - that would be good grounds for a complaint!

Also you may want to suggest if he can contact anyone to set reservations straight before they scare even more people!

Hi I'm sorry for the delay, I've only just received my second reply from dl hotel -

Dear Mrs xxxx,

We have the pleasure to confirm you the reservation for the "Halloween lunch" on 31st October 2013 at 1:30PM for 4 people, at Inventions restaurant.

This restaurant is a large international buffet where I can confirm you the availability of the Disney characters.

Waiting for your coming, we stay at your disposal for any further information.

Kind regards,

Mallory

Service Conciergerie
Disneyland Hotel
Tel: +33 (0) 1 60 45 66 77

Hi I'm sorry for the delay, I've only just received my second reply from dl hotel - Dear Mrs xxxx, We have the pleasure to confirm you the reservation for the "Halloween lunch" on 31st October 2013 at 1:30PM for 4 people, at Inventions restaurant. This restaurant is a large international buffet where I can confirm you the availability of the Disney characters. Waiting for your coming, we stay at your disposal for any further information. Kind regards, Mallory Service Conciergerie Disneyland Hotel Tel: +33 (0) 1 60 45 66 77

Thank you letting us know!

What time are we all booked up for? We are doing 1pm on 31st and 1st :)

we booked 1pm with dining reservations and have checked it twice so we will be going for then, I don't know why they have put 1.30pm in the email

we booked 1pm with dining reservations and have checked it twice so we will be going for then, I don't know why they have put 1.30pm in the email

:rotfl: I didn't even spot the time in your email! Doh!

We will probably see you there then! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter