Internet access

Does anyone know if to connect an Airport Express to the Internet outlet in the room, is a normal or a crossed cable needed?

Also, the cable provided in the room probably is a normal, non-crossed one, right?

Do ever get that feeling you're reading a foreign language? That went completely over my head! :upsidedow

Would it work with an i touch?? I bought the disney app and could not figure out how to login to the internet when we were there in April:confused3

Do you have a link for this app? Would like to use my iphone to upload photos to photo-bucket while out there

just been reading sounds easy we are dvc members and will be staying on our first dvc trip in september i will be taking my laptop thanks for the great info

We are planning on taking our Ipad to the treehouse and thought it would be good for my friend to be able to have internet access in her own room as well, so we bought an apple airport express off ebay last week. Finding this thread has reassured me that our plan will work

susan

Really wish they would get wireless access sorted, although I suspect that the bill might be a little large to impliment.

Just an aside on the speed, first time we used it just after Saratoga Springs opened, the speeds where fantastic 20mb download and upto 10mb upload.

Was superfast for surfing or uploading photos. Unfortunately it seems to have been screwed down to around the 1/2 to 1mb download. Such a shame

David

We are planning on taking our Ipad to the treehouse and thought it would be good for my friend to be able to have internet access in her own room as well, so we bought an apple airport express off ebay last week. Finding this thread has reassured me that our plan will work

susan

Have you used it yet Susan?

We take our iPad for the first time in April, whilst our off site villa has wi-fi it would be nice to use also for our Boardwalk stay.

no we have not used it yet as we don't go until the end of March, but we used the ipad in Spain over new years and it was definately so much better than using our little arcos or taking the laptop. Fingers crossed this airport thingy works, it all sounds a little complicated to me!!!

Susan

believe they have been roiling out WI fi throughout DVC resorts so you could use poolside and in and around no problem
Paul

believe they have been roiling out WI fi throughout DVC resorts so you could use poolside and in and around no problem
Paul

There may be some limited WiFi available in the public areas of some DVC resorts, especially those resorts associated with a convention center. But in general, there is no WiFi available in the rooms, you must have your own wireless router.

The non-WDW based resorts, as far as I know, are completely WiFi, but not the Disney World locations.

There may be some limited WiFi available in the public areas of some DVC resorts, especially those resorts associated with a convention center. But in general, there is no WiFi available in the rooms, you must have your own wireless router.

The non-WDW based resorts, as far as I know, are completely WiFi, but not the Disney World locations.

2 years ago we had wi fi at AKLv and no convention centre there?
poolside
Paul

2 years ago we had wi fi at AKLv and no convention centre there?
poolside
Paul

Yeah, AKV is really the exception. They have some wifi areas. There are also a few hotspots at BWV near the brewing company, but generally, don't count on having too much wifi service at Disney World.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in a DISNEY VACATION CLUB Resort. We
currently do have High Speed Internet (hard-wired LAN) in all DISNEY
VACATION CLUB Villas. Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) in currently only
available in most lobby areas and not in the Villas.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Lee

Member Services | Online Communications
DISNEY VACATION CLUB

Just an FYI the internet cable in the room is only about 4 feet long so if you need a longer cable you will need to bring one with you. And the speed is very very very slow.

Just arrived at Saratoga Springs. Bought an Airport Express at Gatwick airport £74.08

You need to connect it to your pc or laptop first which needs to have Airport Utility v5.5.1or later installed.

If you have a netbook or a laptop without a CD drive this can be downloaded of the Internet.

Connect your Airport Express to your laptop via a cat5 cable (ethernet) your laptop find the Airport Express which then takes 2 or 3 mins to setup up.

Unplug the cable from the laptop, unplug the AE from the mains, plug your cat5 cable into the wall socket then your AE, then plug your AE into the mains

Takes a minute to initialise, the light turns green and your off.

I am posting this from my iPad on my balcony overlooking the pool at The Grandstand. Will try it from the pool in the morning.

The AE is slightly smaller than a paperback book and you can connect to it with virtually anything - iPads iPhones laptops, blackberrys etc

What a difference it makes !

Davis

Would I be able to get free internet access as I am renting this time? Also I am not a techno wizard and will only be taking either my iphone or blackberry ipad. What would I use/need to access the internet.I am at OKW and AKLV(Kidani).
When you say wireless router,I only have my virgin router or am I totally wrong? I cant even access wifi here as it always asks me for a password :rotfl2: Do not have a clue .Can someone help me.:worship:

Would I be able to get free internet access as I am renting this time? Also I am not a techno wizard and will only be taking either my iphone or blackberry ipad. What would I use/need to access the internet.I am at OKW and AKLV(Kidani).
When you say wireless router,I only have my virgin router or am I totally wrong? I cant even access wifi here as it always asks me for a password :rotfl2: Do not have a clue .Can someone help me.:worship:

no only members can get free internet via a lan cable provided in the room, not guest staying on points .so for your phones no or BlackBerry (they don't make or do the iphone apple do)no
Paul

Hi Crabbie,

When you click on the page to accept the t's and c's for Internet access it tells you " there is no daily access fee for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using their Membership" so ......

Because you are staying on points, I would say it should be free, but .....

The other point about bringing your iPhone and blackberry iPad ( is that the blackberry playbook ) will cause you problems because you need wireless access to use these. Ther is only wired access at DVC resorts at the moment, so you will need to bring a wireless router which is already setup to plug in to the wired network which will let you access the Internet.

I probably wouldn't bring the one from home, but would by another one such at the apple airport express. You would need to set this up at home as it needs to be accessed the first time by a wired source (pc or laptop) to sort out the software and with your iPhone/blackberry, you don't have wired access.

Hope this helps, but if not, shout away :)

David

I did read, I think it was in the main DVC board, that they are adding routers to the villas at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter