Internet access

Hi Crabbie,

When you click on the page to accept the t's and c's for Internet access it tells you " there is no daily access fee for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using their Membership" so ......

Because you are staying on points, I would say it should be free, but .....

David

when you check in they give you the access code if your a member or you can ring front desk again only if your a member, code changes as well
As your a guest they will know your not a member so will ask you to pay
There are a few hot spots around but these have seamed to have dropped this year we found one near the pizza window at the board-walk this year,last visit there was was at kadani pool at AKL(both free) think its to do with the carts and the bar for payments.Have heard there rolling out Wi-fi but disney will not confirm ,but again if not members you will have to pay
Paul

when you check in they give you the access code if your a member or you can ring front desk again only if your a member, code changes as well

Is that a new system Paul? When we stayed at Saratoga Springs in 2009 I just connected my netbook up and logged in as normal, no codes to enter or anything. :confused3

Is that a new system Paul? When we stayed at Saratoga Springs in 2009 I just connected my netbook up and logged in as normal, no codes to enter or anything. :confused3

No access codes need at Saratoga Springs for the wired Internet access. Been here the past week and many many times before and all you do is accept terms and conditions and click on agree.

The only time you "might" need a code is if it breaks nd gives you an error number. Then you just phone the number on the screen, quote the error code and they give you a number to stick in the box to fix the error.

David

because we didn't have charging on our room we had to get a code from front desk at BCV and at vero beach.
If you have a CC on room and a member your unlocked to use it non members will be charged members not
We never apply CC to room as had problems in past that's why we get a code
Paul

We always have charging on the room so that would be why, thanks Paul. :thumbsup2

Hi Crabbie,

When you click on the page to accept the t's and c's for Internet access it tells you " there is no daily access fee for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using their Membership" so ......

Because you are staying on points, I would say it should be free, but .....

The other point about bringing your iPhone and blackberry iPad ( is that the blackberry playbook ) will cause you problems because you need wireless access to use these. Ther is only wired access at DVC resorts at the moment, so you will need to bring a wireless router which is already setup to plug in to the wired network which will let you access the Internet.

I probably wouldn't bring the one from home, but would by another one such at the apple airport express. You would need to set this up at home as it needs to be accessed the first time by a wired source (pc or laptop) to sort out the software and with your iPhone/blackberry, you don't have wired access.

Hope this helps, but if not, shout away :)

David

Thanks Dave I will look into the router and yes it is a blackberry Playbook. So from what you said I wont be able to access the internet from the playbook but if I buy a router from apple I can use my iphone.

Paul thanks for the info.We arrive on the 8th Nov and are doing our DVC tour on the 10th so I presume we will be able to say we are members once handed over the dosh:confused3 Yes we will be staying on points so maybe we may still have to pay.I know I managed to pick up a free connection in epcot last year and there was a computer in the RPR concierge lounge. Had to ask for advice off DIS as broke my tooth:lovestruc

Hi Crabbie, if the blackberry playbook has a network port ( a cat5 socket) you will plug the Ethernet cable in an access the Internet.

If the playbook has only wireless access to the Internet, you will need to access it via the wireless router that you will need to bring

I don't know if the playbook has a network port or not. It is slightly bigger than the socket you would plug a telephone into at home if that's any help

I would guess that it will be wireless only but don't know.

Once you set up your router, you can use it for both your playbook and iPhone plus any other wireless laptop etc the same time

David

just wish they would invest in wi-fi through out that's way we pay dues
Paul

just wish they would invest in wi-fi through out that's way we pay dues
Paul

There is word that an annoucement is due to be made soon about internet at the resorts :)

No, if you can use the regular RJ45 cable, there is one in a bag in the closet. If not, let housekeeping know, otherwise you might get charged $10 if they notice it's missing after your stay.

Sometimes it's also already connected to the router / modem in your room.

If you bring your own Wireless-Router, take the cable that is included with that device, some need switched cabling. Try the cable from the room first, if you don't get any signal on the wireless router, try your own cable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter