Interesting that there will be no fastpass available for smugglers run when it first opens

I really wish they would do reservations like DL. I’d rather not get in and know I can’t get in ahead of time than be part of a mob trying and still maybe not get in.

From what I saw they are only doing the land reservations at DL from a May 31 to June 23 and my (albeit cynical) thought is they know media and bloggers will be all over the first of the lands to open and they want to be sure there is some crowd control for all of their pictures and video they will be taking

Not like starting June 24 the crowd levels will lessen much

Do you think no FP will make the stand by line longer or shorter? If I can't get FP, I wouldn't wait in a 3 hr line. Maybe they are hoping that others feel that way too so it will keep the line under a 6 hr wait.

Should definitely make it shorter. Rides are set up to push through like 90% from FP and 10% from standby - that is why the standby lines can get so long. So by having only only line the standby will be shorter. So I see 2-4 hours for everyone vs those with FP going right in and the 10% throughout on standby waiting 8 hours

Definitely not speaking for myself but if I had to guess I’d say it’ll be a lot earlier than 4 or 5am in the beginning.

Be very interesting how they handle that - especially at Disneyland where they don’t own all the land around the park, so even if they don’t let you into the esplanade until 4am or whatever, what will stop people from camping out overnight on the public streets right outside the gates?

I wonder if they will even allow people to line up much earlier than 4 or 5...

I’m wondering that myself.
during SWW they allowed us to sleep over outside the dhs gates with no problem. Now the question is will they still allow it, they have not come out to say no so we are all planning on being there extra early, I have a friend who is thinking of camping out for days. I was chatting with her and other local friends and we are all wondering what would Disney do if I show up with a foldable chair and sleeping bag and just right before bag check :D

during SWW they allowed us to sleep over outside the dhs gates with no problem. Now the question is will they still allow it, they have not come out to say no so we are all planning on being there extra early, I have a friend who is thinking of camping out for days. I was chatting with her and other local friends and we are all wondering what would Disney do if I show up with a foldable chair and sleeping bag and just right before bag check :D

I’m kind a surprised we haven’t seen a blogger or twitter person do that already, even just for a lark to get a photo to post

Last edited:

Should definitely make it shorter. Rides are set up to push through like 90% from FP and 10% from standby - that is why the standby lines can get so long. So by having only only line the standby will be shorter. So I see 2-4 hours for everyone vs those with FP going right in and the 10% throughout on standby waiting 8 hours

Omg! I was just coming to ask this. I was trying to understand why people were saying it would be fair to all with no FP line. I was like, huh? :confused3 In other words, FP makes standby lines what they are? Mine Train has that 130 minute wait because the FP line is moving more? Get outta here!! :hyper: I cannot believe that I couldn't figure this out. Feeling kinda silly. :rotfl2:

Sooooooo.....would all standby lines be shorter if Disney had no FP? But then, wouldn't you still have the chance of a 2 hour wait depending on ride popularity? :scratchin So then we're back to needing a way to push some guests through quicker...FP! :cheer2:

SWW?

And people camped out for it?? Oh my! I can see what's going to happen for the SWGE opening. There won't be space to walk for all the campers! :earseek:

Some people camped out to get a FP for an autograph session with celebrity guests. Most just showed up a few hours before opening.

I agree that there won’t be room for campers so I’ll be curious how they approach this.

Omg! I was just coming to ask this. I was trying to understand why people were saying it would be fair to all with no FP line. I was like, huh? :confused3 In other words, FP makes standby lines what they are? Mine Train has that 130 minute wait because the FP line is moving more? Get outta here!! :hyper: I cannot believe that I couldn't figure this out. Feeling kinda silly. :rotfl2:

Sooooooo.....would all standby lines be shorter if Disney had no FP? But then, wouldn't you still have the chance of a 2 hour wait depending on ride popularity? :scratchin So then we're back to needing a way to push some guests through quicker...FP! :cheer2:

Theoretically all standby lines would be shorter without FP but doesn’t mean people would get through more total rides without it

I think what disney wants is for you to get through a few key rides you really want in a short amount of time, freeing you up to shop for merchandise and food and stuff.

FP works the best when there are multiple rides in high demand to split up which people get FP for. So really works best in MK which is why other parks went to toe ring. With only Falcon every single person would want a FP for it and just would have been so many people shut out I think this makes a ton of sense

I don't think there will even be EMM for quite a while. They'll probably have 7am EMH for months.

I REALLY hope they don't do this. If they have daily EMH, do them at night like Pandora did. Give everyone a chance to rope drop the land.

Theoretically all standby lines would be shorter without FP but doesn’t mean people would get through more total rides without it

I think what disney wants is for you to get through a few key rides you really want in a short amount of time, freeing you up to shop for merchandise and food and stuff.

FP works the best when there are multiple rides in high demand to split up which people get FP for. So really works best in MK which is why other parks went to toe ring. With only Falcon every single person would want a FP for it and just would have been so many people shut out I think this makes a ton of sense

First off...thanks for the information. That all makes PERFECT sense. Second...Other parks when to toe ring?? :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

So the tiering was done at EPCOT, HS, and AK because they only had one or two rides maybe three that people really enjoy and those were the ones where lines were the worse? So now the FP, helps push you through those rides quicker. I've read here on the DIS many of us getting to ride say for example, all of the tier rides in EPCOT within an hour, and some do each one twice. :woohoo:

I REALLY hope they don't do this. If they have daily EMH, do them at night like Pandora did. Give everyone a chance to rope drop the land.

I am really hoping for the late night hours at GE like Pandora had for the first few months.

One thing that it did make me realize was how much faster Stand By lines move when there are no more FP riders entering. DW and I took turns at night (She went one night while I watched the kids and I went another night) doing FoP and once the FP riders were done the stand by line moved really well. If I remember correctly my total wait time was about 90 mins. Granted I got to the park at 11pm but it really was not that bad. I just listened to a podcast while I was in line, and since the line was constantly moving it made the time really move by.

I think the no fastpass decision for Galaxy's Edge is in response to what happened in Pandora. If I recall correctly, the first couple of days, there was a queue to enter Pandora, but Disney had to let fastpass holders into Pandora so they could use their FP. I don't think they want the same thing to happen at Galaxy's Edge. Everyone will have to wait to get into the land and everyone will have to wait to ride. It does seem more fair to me.

Also, by having 4-5 times as many people in the standby line, that means a ton of people NOT in the walkways or other parts of Galaxy's Edge.

I think it is a smart move.

I am fairly sure
Disney has to accommodate people with disabilities ( people that use the DAS) and my guess is they will be using the rider swap pass too and let’s not forget VIP tours. But I think this will put the stopping of standby guest to a minimal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter