• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interesting Email from Zazzle

the_jedi_master

Kit Fisto Lives On!!!<br><font color=blue> im just
Dear The_Jedi_Master,

Thank you for your interest in Zazzle.com, and thank you for publishing products on Zazzle.

Unfortunately, it appears that your product, Dictionary Dancer For Life VMK T-Shirt, contains content that is not suitable for printing at Zazzle.com.

We will be removing this product from the Zazzle Marketplace shortly.

The details of the product being removed are listed below:

• Product Title: Dictionary Dancer For Life VMK T-Shirt
• Product Type: Shirt
• Product ID: 235867565122796663

• Result: Not Approved
• Policy Violations:

o Design contains an image that is copyrightedDesign contains an image or text that infringes on intellectual property rights. We have been contacted by the intellectual property right holder and at their request we will be removing your product from Zazzle’s Marketplace due to copyright claims.
We apologize for the inconvenience, a detailed description of the policies are located here.

If you have any questions or concerns about the review of your product, please email content_review@zazzle.com

Best Regards,
Content Review Team
Zazzle.com, Inc.

The reason it's interesting is that the shirt has been there since January last year, or even earlier. Why is disney going back over a year later, 9 or so months after they shut the game down to request the removal of a t-shirt that only says Dictionary Dancer For Life?

Does it have any pictures of avatars on it or anything? Maybe even the description of it... hmm. That is very strange, and I dont think it would matter much. Why do they care now?

I too am curious as to why they would remove it -- I thought VMK players came up with the "Dictionary dancing" term..? :confused3 Is it possible that the name of your shirt is what they're objecting to (VMK T-Shirt)?

Huh? It doesn't even seem that "Dictionary Dancer for Life" has anything to do with VMK.

Since that "Dictionary Dancer for Life" seems to have something to do w/ VMK, maybe they're trying to remove all traces that VMK existed, though I have NO idea why they would do that.

wait i'm confused you wanted the shirt while vmk was still open or after it was closed? but still thats weird it's not like it was a vmk slogan or even a term that we used that much, not as much as "are you taken" lol i could see that being denied. ah i miss vmk

wait i'm confused you wanted the shirt while vmk was still open or after it was closed? but still thats weird it's not like it was a vmk slogan or even a term that we used that much, not as much as "are you taken" lol i could see that being denied. ah i miss vmk

Im pretty sure on most games people say stuff like "are you taken". Its very silly. Oh how I miss all those guests! But yeah, there is just about no reason for them to take it down.

No I made the shirt. Thought the phrase sounded catchy so i added it. It's not like I care that that they they did. but I am interested as too why Disney copyright hounds were interested in it.

I miss vmk alot too now a days. :sad1: I was thinking of making my own shirt too. There's not a day that goes by that i don't think of vmk or wish anything that it wasn't closed and that i could get on and play. :sad: . Just wished Disney would realize how much pain they have caused since they closed it. It Disney supposed to be making kids dreams come true and all?. And also to make people happy? Well i don't and i'm betting alot of people don't either with vmk closed. Why couldn't they have made it pay to play.

I'm guessing it's simply because they (Zazzle) have as the description "Dictionary Dancer for Life (VMK Shirt)". Simply stated, it's the VMK in their description that's killing it. If it was just the DDfL, they wouldn't have even noticed. Whether or not the shirt itself says VMK, IDK.

Hey geek! Long time no see. Well... a dictionary dancer basically described what everyone on vmk did. Just tried to put words together to make words you couldn't actually say. Gotta glove it :rotfl:

HEY FLIPS i miss you guys =(
but dictionary dancing was so classic vmk!! (now that i know what it is haha)
remember you could never actually say coming? you'd have to say come.in
still haven't figured out why haha

HEY FLIPS i miss you guys =(
but dictionary dancing was so classic vmk!! (now that i know what it is haha)
remember you could never actually say coming? you'd have to say come.in
still haven't figured out why haha

Yeah, I miss saying things like that. Once someone in a room was making soup.. yeah, but they were going -making so.up - -cutting up let.us - lol it was funny.

I did have one thought. Maybe Disney didn't do it? Maybe someone else had made a similar shirt?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter