Inspired by Elsie's thread.

Overcoming differences.

• Yeah.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have nothing in common with Brandon. We agree on the most random things. While we aren't together, I love him very much as a friend (and do still like him), so it's very possible.
We didn't work out because I guess there wasn't enough attraction.
But we got along fine and still do.
and I love arguing.

There are some things I could not stand if we were different, but other things like tastes in music, movies, whatever are fine.

i think relationships people need to have some differences, but there you also need similarities.

You're a liberal, they're a conservative.
You're in support of gay marriage, they aren't.
You are pro-choice, they're pro-life.
You like to eat out every night, they love to cook.
You're high strung, they're relaxed.
You're clumsy, they're graceful.
You like punk music, they prefer country.
You smoke, they don't.
You don't drink, they do.
You eat whatever, they're a health freak.
You are part of the 'green' movement, they could care less.
You like apples, they like oranges.

I could deal with some of them, maybe deal with some of them, and couldn't deal with some of them at all. I could deal with different political leanings.

I don't know how I would feel about being in a relationship with someone who isn't for the rights of everyone. One of my friends is Catholic and adamently against gay rights and thinks it's a lifestyle. I completely disagree with her. We're still friends though but we often argue over it. I don't know how much I'd like that in a romantic relationship.

If they smelled like an ashtray, no I couldn't date be with them.

If they drink socially and occasionally and aren't out getting drunk then I could deal with it.

I'm big on recycling...if they didn't agree with that it would cause huge tension in the household.

Music, movies, books I really don't care too much.

Kind of. But I think me and him have to have at least 1 thing in common. Eh, even if we don't agree on everything, I'm a pretty easy going person.

Complete opposites? I'm not sure. Personally, I think I would need to have some things in common with him. But then again, I wouldn't want to be exactly like him. I love to argue so we would need some differences for that. xD

[Off topic, but sweeeetttt I've never had a thread inspired by one of mine! :rotfl:]

I could deal with being completly different in some ways, but not in everything.
I just think it would cause too many arguments/fights/etc.

Some things I could live with, AKA preference based differences. I want us both to have most of the same political views, though.

Depends.

Some things, never (ie, if they are/were against gay marriage, I wouldn't even be friends with you). Some things (music differences, etc) I could take. Just some things, like religion, I would not STAND.

why would religion be an issue? i mean, as long as they weren't dragging you tooth and nail to church or temple or something, why does it matter?

why would religion be an issue? i mean, as long as they weren't dragging you tooth and nail to church or temple or something, why does it matter?

For me, I just don't agree with certain faiths. I refuse to bring my child up in a religion that ignores gays - to me that teaches intolerance because someone is different.
I also can't raise my children in a faith that refuses blood transfusions. God forbid my child ever need one someday, and they won't be able to get it because we don't believe in them. As a mother, I would do everything I possibly could to save my child.
That's just me.

For me, I just don't agree with certain faiths. I refuse to bring my child up in a religion that ignores gays - to me that teaches intolerance because someone is different.
I also can't raise my children in a faith that refuses blood transfusions. God forbid my child ever need one someday, and they won't be able to get it because we don't believe in them. As a mother, I would do everything I possibly could to save my child.
That's just me.

well i understand disagreeing with CERTAIN aspects of CERTAIN religions, but just being like, "I WON'T DATE ANYONE WITH ANY RELIGION AT ALL WHAT-SO-EVER" is rather close-minded, in my opinion.

To a certain extent, I find that I'm more attracted to people who are different from me.

I mean, I'm extremely loud and outgoing. When I'm with a group of people, I enjoy being the center of attention. It's just who I am.
And I love shy guys. Because I never have to compete for attention with them. And when they open up to me, it makes me feel special because they don't feel comfortable talking with just anybody.

But on certain political and moral issues, I don't know if I could deal with someone who was my COMPLETE polar opposite.

But I think differences are what makes relationships fun. Not necessarily long lasting, but I'm not looking for anything serious at the moment, so why not?

i'm not sure...i said no but me and zach are pretty opposite and we're fine. although we've recently found things we have in common that we didn't know before and it's made things much better.

i think that i could deal with someone who had different opinions than me, but in the end i want someone who has some of the same interests just as a starting point, then we can embrace how we're different from each other.

Because I agree, perfection gets boring.

I would never be able to. The only differences I'm cool with are religous ones XD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter