Indoor NFL Stadiums

Yup. Just like the pandemic, essential workers.
So you feel professional athletes are "essential"? Care to justify that one?
I still have my special covid id badge and letter saying I was an essential worker and to allow me to proceed. I guess with covid they were really concerned it may get to the point where police would stop people who were out and about. Turned out not to be an issue as I ended up working from home for 15 months, only coming back into the building for three weeks around the November General Election as our boss was convinced that no matter who won the election, there would be riots. There were none.
Yea, I probably have one of those letters saved somewhere also.. Never needed it, not because I worked from home, but because movement wasn't restricted. Big deal.

It seems like it's slowing down a little bit -- but I haven't seen a plow all day. I know they are concentrating on the main roads, and with the wind it's frustrating because it all just gets blown back on the road again. I heard some snowmobiles earlier. In 2014 when we had "Snowvember" we never ended up with regular plows, they sent some kind of earth mover and dump trucks. We got 6 feet of snow that time, so maybe they won't need to do that this time, but I am curious if enough will accumulate in the road to have to do that again. All that to say I am wondering how quick we can get out for tomorrow -- doctors appointments scheduled. But we had a long lull last night and then it started up again.

The decision to delay the game by one day makes sense. Workers/security/officials/TV crews/etc. would still have to get to the stadium for the game to go on. When driving is not recommended, people traveling needlessly are likely to get stuck and need the help of emergency services to be rescued. Staying home when travel is that dangerous makes sense to me.

So you feel professional athletes are "essential"? Care to justify that one?

Yea, I probably have one of those letters saved somewhere also.. Never needed it, not because I worked from home, but because movement wasn't restricted. Big deal.
No I don't think they are essential, but many of people during the pandemic that were considered essential really were not. My WORK was essential, and as it turned out, actually being AT my workplace was not. From March 2020 until June 2021 I was in my office exactly 15 days. And in the end, I really didn't need to be in the office those days.

And yet you feel completely free to opine on the subject like you're some expert.
Sorry you read it that way. Just baffling to me that sometimes it was okay to play football in those conditions and other times it wasn't.

Sorry you read it that way. Just baffling to me that sometimes it was okay to play football in those conditions and other times it wasn't.

We don't usually have so much dump all at once, it is harder to keep up with. And the wind adds more complication. Usually we get like 6 inches here, 6 inches there, calm vertical snow, easier to keep up with constantly and keep everyone moving. In those cases no problem to have a game, that's just winter. Also able to clear out the seats in the stadium. We got 19 inches since last night so far - just takes a little longer to deal with than normal.

We don't usually have so much dump all at once, it is harder to keep up with. And the wind adds more complication. Usually we get like 6 inches here, 6 inches there, calm vertical snow, easier to keep up with constantly and keep everyone moving. In those cases no problem to have a game, that's just winter. Also able to clear out the seats in the stadium. We got 19 inches since last night so far - just takes a little longer to deal with than normal.
Thanks. That helps.

Oh sure. Pretend like It's my fault you didn't know what you were talking about. This isn't your first go around with that problem either. Nor am I the first poster that has admonished you for it. Next time, be sorry you didn't do your homework and yet opined like you had anyway.

Last edited:
I live in indiana and I’m so glad the colts have an indoor stadium. I went to the new years even game and it was raining all day. The best part of our set up is how the stadium is downtown and connected to the skywalk system. We never even had to go outside from parking garage to stadium. Very nice so that average fans can enjoy a game in bad weather.
They even keep the convention center open so you can walk thru it to access the stadium.

No I don't think they are essential, but many of people during the pandemic that were considered essential really were not. My WORK was essential, and as it turned out, actually being AT my workplace was not. From March 2020 until June 2021 I was in my office exactly 15 days. And in the end, I really didn't need to be in the office those days.
Businesses decided which PEOPLE were "essential". Government decided which BUSINESSES were "essential". I'm not sure if a travel ban happened anywhere or not.

Doesn't really matter what happened to you. Kind of hard to have a FB game without the players and officials. Kind of hard to watch a FB game from home without the broadcast crew. I know during the pandemic (actually a little before), networks experimented with sending skeleton crews to stadiums and doing graphics, directing, producing, even announcing from other locations.

Last word was Steelers didn’t even come in yesterday, supposedly trying to come in at 3 this afternoon. My brother lives near the airport, about 10 miles north of here. He doesn’t have much snow at all. The airport is closed, wind gusts are 55 - 60 mph.
I can say with certainty they did not come in last night. I may know some of the flight crew that was brining them to Buffalo. ;)

Yep, they got in around 4:30 this afternoon. The airport hasn’t had much snow at all. It’s still snowing at my house tho…. :rolleyes:
I just saw a pic of the crew, they looked happy to finally be there but downright freezing on the tarmac. I know a few of them (from Pgh) so they had their Terrible Towels ready for tomorrow! Wow, just read they were the only plane to get in today.

Sorry about the snow still falling at your house. My sister gets the lake effect snow living on the west coast of Michigan. It is BRU-TAL at times. The older I get the more convinced I will eventually be a snowbird! :laughing:

Oh sure. Pretend like It's my fault you didn't know what you were talking about. This isn't your first go around with that problem either. Nor am I the first poster that has admonished you for it. Next time, be sorry you didn't do your homework and yet opined like you had anyway.
Well, this was kind of my homework. Thanks for the help.

Is the forecast for tomorrow looking better?

Older son was originally planning on heading back to college (RIT) today, but delayed it for obvious reasons. He’s hoping that tomorrow will be a better choice - it’s that short stretch from Angola to I190 that seems to be the worst part right now.

Is the forecast for tomorrow looking better?

Older son was originally planning on heading back to college (RIT) today, but delayed it for obvious reasons. He’s hoping that tomorrow will be a better choice - it’s that short stretch from Angola to I190 that seems to be the worst part right now.

It has quieted down a bit but there is still a little snow falling at this moment (Alden). Looks like there will be some more snow overnight, and them scattered periods of snow tomorrow but not like today, at least from what I can tell. My road finally got plowed about 2 hours ago so maybe the main roads are starting to get under control.

Angola seems to have gotten hit pretty good so I don't know what the 90 looks like by tomorrow, but hopefully it will be a lot better.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weathe...ffalo/71-f526d573-16f0-420b-a1da-ef4913d1d825

It has quieted down a bit but there is still a little snow falling at this moment (Alden). Looks like there will be some more snow overnight, and them scattered periods of snow tomorrow but not like today, at least from what I can tell. My road finally got plowed about 2 hours ago so maybe the main roads are starting to get under control.

Angola seems to have gotten hit pretty good so I don't know what the 90 looks like by tomorrow, but hopefully it will be a lot better.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weathe...ffalo/71-f526d573-16f0-420b-a1da-ef4913d1d825
Thanks. We’re keeping an eye on the NY Thruway live cameras. The one near Angola today, you couldn’t see anything whatsoever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter