Incredible vacation deals

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
It looks like the state of Florida is starting to open up. I was just able to book 4 round trip tickets in July, ATL-MCO for $136.80 total. The airfare portion is $56, taxes and fees $80.80.

Not sure what we will do yet but I could not pass up the airfare. We still have a bunch of Disney water park days from old non expiring 10 day tickets, maybe by then Disney will have the water parks open. If not there is always Universal or a short ride to Cocoa Beach.

Anyone else taking advantage of some outrageous deals?

It looks like the state of Florida is starting to open up. I was just able to book 4 round trip tickets in July, ATL-MCO for $136.80 total. The airfare portion is $56, taxes and fees $80.80.

Not sure what we will do yet but I could not pass up the airfare. We still have a bunch of Disney water park days from old non expiring 10 day tickets, maybe by then Disney will have the water parks open. If not there is always Universal or a short ride to Cocoa Beach.

Anyone else taking advantage of some outrageous deals?

I'm tempted. I was supposed to visit my parents in early April (The Villages) but that was all cancelled (by me). Now my parents will leave and come back to where I am and stay for the summer. I've got no reason to come down and access to Disney seems to iffy to book at this point.

I'm not but I suspect you aren't alone. Bookings are picking up and traffic is slowly increasing. General aviation traffic is outpacing commercial traffic, though so total aircraft in the air is a little skewed. We thought about doing a trip in July but decided it wasn't worth it. We'll probably take a more regional trip if it becomes worthwhile to do so.

I booked what I thought was a pretty darn good deal at Universal. We have Tickets already, and booked rather good flights for points-
I’m keeping my eyes open for other deals as well.

I'm watching for Universal deals. My kids have been itching to go for years, and if the price is right I might set aside my misgivings about the limited reopening and pull the trigger.

Nope, border closed.
Have to self quarantine for 14 days when we return.
Until I know that is lifted not making any plans.
Not even sure travel health would cover us if we left the province.

We've got travel credits to use but we wouldn't dare book anything without our borders being open and as @CdnCarrie mentioned, no requirement to quarantine upon return. If and when that happens, we'd kind of already decided not to visit the US again anytime soon due to the horrific exchange rate. Money is tighter than it's been in a long time and if we are able to vacation, it will have to be economical. I've got a line on a very reasonably-priced 7 day eco-tour of Costa Rica in September for our 25th Anniversary. I can't even bring myself to hope for it yet though.

Last edited:
I won’t be taking advantage of any travel deals for the foreseeable future. It breaks my heart because I love traveling and planning trips. I had six trips planned from May - January and they are all canceled. I may take a road trip to Northern Michigan in September. That‘s only four hours from home. We shall see.

I’m in NYC so I’m too scared of going anywhere because I think I would have to self quarantine. Plus, I can imagine the questioning I would get when I have to show my ID. I so so so badly want a vacation though!

Nope, border closed.
Have to self quarantine for 14 days when we return.
Until I know that is lifted not making any plans.
Not even sure travel health would cover us if we left the province.
This applies to me too. Also I won’t be traveling or visiting anywhere that requires a mask so I won’t be getting on a plane or visiting an amusement park if that is part of the deal. I’ll wait.

No way I'm getting on an airplane soon. Anywhere I'd want to go and take advantage of a deal requires airline travel.
Maybe in a few months depending on Covid outcomes.
I have airline credit that expires 10/31. I'll eat the cost if things haven't drastically improved.

I'm lucky enough to have in-laws with a pool near the Florida coast, so while I do not plan on going to any public places such as Disney when I go down in about a month, I couldn't help but take advantage of $79 Southwest flights from Chicago to Orlando.

We are traveling July 4th weekend but I wouldn’t say we got an outrageous deal on anything. In fact, the car rental is about twice what I thought the cost would be for where we are going. I think that will be the norm for a while though, as rental companies have seriously culled their fleets. Hertz filed for Chapter 11, but they were always the most expensive anyway and mostly catered to business travelers. I keep checking back at Costco Travel to see if the price will drop, but I don’t think it will. We also used Costco for the hotel, and that was a great deal because they always negotiate great deals! But yes, I expect deals moving forward!

I'm lucky enough to have in-laws with a pool near the Florida coast, so while I do not plan on going to any public places such as Disney when I go down in about a month, I couldn't help but take advantage of $79 Southwest flights from Chicago to Orlando.

We are doing the same in just over a week...technically we have some combo family business/work business to take care of with them as well, so off we are going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter