In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

I don't know if there are other places, but at Poly. When we were there (3 yrs ago?) they didn't serve it that way. So we'd buy it at the place by the pool then walk inside to the bar and order a shot. They'd pour it right into the dole whip for us LOL. I'm not sure if one of the places at Poly serves it that way now, or if you still have to do it separately.

I believe they have the Dole Whip with rum in Animal Kingdom at Tamu Tamu. They certainly don't skimp with the rum. I had a cold when I got it, I couldn't really taste any food at all but I was defiant to try it that trip. Well, the one thing I COULD taste all day was the rum!! I couldn't finish it. I'd be willing to give it another shot though (probably while not on cold medication. lol)

For me, I'd say the Dumbo ride. It was more of a concern when they only had one and it was always a long wait. Now there are 2, the wait is short so we'll ride it. But seriously not very interesting. Peter Pan is another that I won't wait a long time for, but if the wait is short, we'll do it.

For dole whips, I had my first one on my last trip (a girlfriend and I went for the Princess half, so no kids). By itself, it was OK. Add that shot of rum? Flippin' HEAVEN. So, I'm a big fan of alcoholic dole whip floats.

Where do you get the alcoholic ones?!?!

*Edited- never mind, I see you answered this question; I got so excited, I didn't read further!

Where do you get the alcoholic ones?!?!

*Edited- never mind, I see you answered this question; I got so excited, I didn't read further!

We are probably staying at Poly this time...it may be my nightcap every night LOL.

My 10 year old daughter is a Frozen fan, and she hates that ride. She rode it once, and has refused to ride it again. She hates the drops in it, and I have to agree with her.

It's the same drop as Maelstrom I would think. If it is, it isn't very bad. Haven't been on it yet and haven't been on Maelstrom in many years.

JK Rowling wouldn't agree to sell it to Disney. It was possible for them to buy but they would not agree to her conditions. She did not want a Mickey/Harry walking around or Minnie/Hermione and she was very particular to it staying true to her books. I think Disney would have done a great job but they would have had to keep all things "Disney" out of it and they would probably not be willing to do that.

True but it's only a stupid book. It's fantasy for crying out loud. I much rather SW anyway. Disney has enough IP. Universal needed HP more than Disney and I'm sure they were aware of that. Why put up with the ego trip?

7 Dwarves Mine Train...we like it but it definitely did not live up to the hype. It is too short and the seats are very narrow. We aren't heavy set people and think the seats are small. Also, our sons are over 6 ft and think it's cramped for leg room.

So far in my kinda limited experience? Garden Grill breakfast.

World of Color was my jam years ago and I was looking forward to the same emotions during Wishes, which was good but not emotional IMO. Looking forward to Happily Ever After in a few weeks.

True but it's only a stupid book. It's fantasy for crying out loud. I much rather SW anyway. Disney has enough IP. Universal needed HP more than Disney and I'm sure they were aware of that. Why put up with the ego trip?

Lol. Well we all have our opinions but have you read the books? She made a whole world with those books. And wanted the theme park version to be true to that world she created. She had the same control over the movies. I don't see it as an ego trip as wanting to keep some control to what she created and what she owns. Wasn't like she needed the money.

I highly doubt Disney passed or didn't come to agreements with her because Universal "needed it more" lol.

I am sure SW will be amazing. And will be a better fit for Disney as perhaps is Pandora.

We liked Stormalong Bay when the resort was new because we could dig our toes into the sand anywhere in the pool. The last time we were at YC, there was almost no sand in spots. I agree that in its current condition it is overrated.

I'd like to add two things to the list here. First is the dining plan. We've just never seen any value in the plan and it almost forces you to eat more and differently than you might otherwise. My second nominee are the many Meet and Greets. I just don't see the point of waiting in line to meet a minimum wage person pretending to be a make believe character. It was OK when DD (now 30) was young enough to believe she was really meeting Mickey and Minnie and the characters were just roaming the park or in a character breakfast.

Lol. Well we all have our opinions but have you read the books? She made a whole world with those books. And wanted the theme park version to be true to that world she created. She had the same control over the movies. I don't see it as an ego trip as wanting to keep some control to what she created and what she owns. Wasn't like she needed the money.

I highly doubt Disney passed or didn't come to agreements with her because Universal "needed it more" lol.

I am sure SW will be amazing. And will be a better fit for Disney as perhaps is Pandora.

Universal was a distant #2 to Disney at that time. I was saying that Universal was aware that they needed HP, not Disney.

Exactly. Since when is it an ego trip for a business owner to negotiate favorable terms?

If it were that special to her then why sell it in the first place? By the way, that works both ways. It's fantasy about a wizard and she's worried that Disney may do something. What, to ruin it? Maybe Sorcerer Mickey or something?:scared:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter