In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

Probably the turkey legs, Peter Pan's Flight (in my opinion not worth 110 minutes) and Cinderella's Castle for any meal.

the 7 dwarfs picture that you get at MNSSHP.

Was pleased to see them but they stick people right at the back of the picture - and as people stand behind Dopey it looks like a head popping out.

I think because there is 7 of them it is difficult to get one person in the picture with them where it looks okay.

Tastes vary and experiences vary. I was very happy with my dinner there; ratatouille isn't a common dish as the restaurants I frequent. DH enjoyed his meal as well, though didn't find the experience as magical as he'd hoped. But as I've said elsewhere, I think the room you're in makes a big difference.
I agree about the ratatouille. My favorite dish, and I was super happy to see it offered there. so rare. However, that was the lone highlight of our BOG experience.

Buffets. I can't eat 50 dollars worth of food and don't get 50 dollars worth of Mickey hugs either.

Garden Grill is 20% off right now for Passholders. That brings it down to about $36 which is about the upper limit of what I'm willing to spend for a single meal. I can't see myself spending $50 for a meal, especially one that doesn't include Prime Rib or Lobster.

Not to mention, the "interactive queue" is teeming with germs from millions of sticky-fingered three year-olds. They don't even offer Purell at the end of it.

Not Pooh, but I'm pretty sure I caught a bug at Epcot once. Probably transferred from some kid who was sick. Made me a little more hesitant to touch stuff.

this comes with a caveat due to price. It is every Disney resort and throw dining into that too. Someone asked to price out a 2BR for them on Disney property because they heard great things. Copper Creek was $1,244/nt without tax, almost $1,400/nt with tax. Other DVC were a bit cheaper, but not drastically. Now, these people have money which is magnitudes more than us. They were not being snide when they asked, but they asked how we could go so often at those rates. I told them the same thing I tell everyone. We stay offsite in better than Disney accommodations for less than the price of a single night staying on Disney property. Yes, all the naysayers that are All Disney will say it is not the same, but I beg to differ while saving $1,000s. Of course they throw out that an AS Studio is about the same price but that argument is hollow compared to a 2BR/2BA, full kitchen, dining room, living room, balcony. But hey, they won't have any of it. I did warn them the drawbacks of staying offsite. At first, they couldn't believe it but when I showed them what they get, the prices, they went for it.

this comes with a caveat due to price. It is every Disney resort and throw dining into that too. Someone asked to price out a 2BR for them on Disney property because they heard great things. Copper Creek was $1,244/nt without tax, almost $1,400/nt with tax. Other DVC were a bit cheaper, but not drastically. Now, these people have money which is magnitudes more than us. They were not being snide when they asked, but they asked how we could go so often at those rates. I told them the same thing I tell everyone. We stay offsite in better than Disney accommodations for less than the price of a single night staying on Disney property. Yes, all the naysayers that are All Disney will say it is not the same, but I beg to differ while saving $1,000s. Of course they throw out that an AS Studio is about the same price but that argument is hollow compared to a 2BR/2BA, full kitchen, dining room, living room, balcony. But hey, they won't have any of it. I did warn them the drawbacks of staying offsite. At first, they couldn't believe it but when I showed them what they get, the prices, they went for it.

Please try to get more people to think this way so that when my 60 days comes up I don't have to get up at 4 AM PST to get the fast passes I want. Plus maybe then the extra park hours I get for staying at a resort won't be crowded. Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!