In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

Yay! Lisa found us! :cool1:

(I won't relax until everyone is here and has checked in. :rotfl2: )

GOOD MORNING

Just checking in to say I found you!
Be back later, have a great day everyone :)

Happy Valentines Day to all.

I Hope each of you has a lovely day and feels the gift of love.

Love yourself by moving your body to the best of your ability and choosing good foods or at least being concious of the ones you eat that may not be the best choices.

This thread was started with the hopes of getting to the place of loving myself through daily acknowledgement and growth. I am by no means perfect in that goal, but I am better than I was before and much of it I owe to the hundreds of posts logged in through these 4 volumes and now the 5th.

I hope you also find new and imporved ways of loving yourself.

Learn the love of sweat after an honest workout.
Learn the love of a satisfied, not bloated stomach, after a meal.
Learn the love of your reflection in the mirror and of who you are today.
Learn the love of a better tomorrow knowing todays growth will get you there.

These are my love wishes for each of you. :lovestruc :love:

Woot for volume 5!

Just stopping by for a quick minute, why? Because it's 7:15 AM on a saturday, and i'm up, dressed, and on my way out the door to head to the gym :scared1:

I'm scared of the dark.... Erika? Paula? Kat? Liz? anyone? I hear voices and cackling laughter, is that you? It's dark, i'm scared haha :rotfl2:

Evening all -

Ronda - were you up in Grand Marais by chance? Love the whole north shore.
You were lucky to see the ships. I never have!

We didn't get up that far. Stayed in Lutsen and hopscotched through all of those great state parks. We took a day trip to Ely. A friend at work canoes a week or two every year. It is beautiful. I can see why people are drawn back year after year.

I like the check in:
Food - yesterday food felt awful, but as I sat here last night I couldn't see why. I had chili for lunch. Meh, not the best choice, but it was Friday and the chili at work is GOOD. Reminds me of Wendy's. I'd had my usual breakfast. Dinner was a burrito split with DGF - we love Chipotle! I wasn't hungry for dinner and later felt miserable. This morning I wake and feel as if I'm starving. So I'm off to lower my cholesterol.
Exercise - C25K, W2D3. You know what that means. Next is W3D1. :eek:

Ronda

Ronda - help! What's the w2d3???

Kat checked in - they lost 2-0, so it was a good loss! And she took pictures!

So, me. Tracking. This is hard for me, getting back on. I don't want to write too much about it. Pressure and all. It is super hard being the queen of perfection and then not being that. Weight loss was never hard for me before and I am still like, OMG, this is hard! Maybe it was hard to lose 75lbs! Who knew??? :lmao:

I tracked well yesterday. My dinner out with Nick and Em was sushi, and this place made me the best, nicest, yummiest veggie sushi. So nice. I ate it all! So that is my big old pig out - too much veggie sushi. Counted it all. And the dark chocolate which was planned for. And ready?

Exercised.
No Diet Coke.

So, I get three stars on my star chart. Going to buy new stars today.

I have id'd my daytime food problems. Breakfast and lunch are easy. It's snacks and dinner. I have to find more filling snacks that work for me and are super quick. Also, I am treating Fiber One bars like candy and not eating them until after 3pm. Soooo much better - try it Lyz!

I've decided to alternate the BL Cardio Max and Sculpt DVDs for six weeks, until I make it through the levels. That is their suggestion, and I am going to try it. Bought hand weights.

By April, it will be warmer and I can leave my house. I really needed a January exercise strategy, but I didn't know that. I've never been exercising in Jan before!!!

Ok, off to do Wii Fit for warm-up, have my breakfast, and sculpt.

We didn't get up that far. Stayed in Lutsen and hopscotched through all of those great state parks. We took a day trip to Ely. A friend at work canoes a week or two every year. It is beautiful. I can see why people are drawn back year after year.
It is a great place and my family rented cabins in Lutsen many years growing up on Carribou Trail. Let meknow if you are ever u this way again please!
I like the check in:
Food - yesterday food felt awful, but as I sat here last night I couldn't see why. I had chili for lunch. Meh, not the best choice, but it was Friday and the chili at work is GOOD. Reminds me of Wendy's. I'd had my usual breakfast. Dinner was a burrito split with DGF - we love Chipotle! I wasn't hungry for dinner and later felt miserable. This morning I wake and feel as if I'm starving. So I'm off to lower my cholesterol.
Exercise - C25K, W2D3. You know what that means. Next is W3D1. :eek:

Ronda

Great day today for you I hope. :)

Here is my food update from yesterday -

Applebees WW steak meal - 7 points but I di not at all my broccoli (way too much) or any of the mushrooms in the gravy mix - so I should be a tad lower.

Dinner: remainder of Tuscan salad - 3 points
Appetizer platter split w/ plenty of take home - 18 points-
best guess from individual amounts of things I grazed on - 4 onion rings, 4 mozz sticks, 3 slices of cheese quesadilla's - not a good choice at all. I think once you are aware of points - it changes your outlook on if things are worth it - should of looked it up ahead. Bar Food is never good and I should have known ahead of time it would not lead to a good choice. It was nice geting out with Dan - we never hit a bar like that and just people watch - but a walk would have done the same thing for me. I am just not bar type of girl I guess unless it involves dancing. Sports Bar is not my thing.
Small slice of Fudge - 2 pts

Total: 30 points - and although I should be happy I was at my range - nothing tasted as good (minus the fudge) as the darn Boca spicy chicken sandwich. Which is only 4 points including the bun.
Just like Pizza Hut - for me - Bar Food not worth it. For some though - they may love it and that is their weakness/splurge.

Have a great day all. - off to sight see in Duluth and then head home. :cool1:

Morning! I slept IN! Wow, did that feel good! Still in pain, though! The pain was so mild yesterday that I really thought I would wake up pain-free. No such luck. I will rest it again today. But it is HARD. I am really, really stessing about not working out.

Liz. LIZ! Wow. All the way around! The exercise, the tracking, and OMG the PLANNED exercise. You bought hand weights. Ok, ok, I'll shut up. I don't want to jinx anything. I already hate it that Lyz won't tell me when she runs. I don't want you to stop posting about your exercise either. :rotfl2:

STACEY! Yes, a flashlight is definitely in order for you! Welcome to the dark side, baby! :rotfl2: Awesome job! And HI LAR IOUS post. :goodvibes

Dawn--are you saying that you didn't eat anything all day until dinner? Sorry, just confused this morning. :confused3 And I am not even on the pain pills! :rotfl2:

Liz--I will decode Ronda's runner lingo for you! :rotfl2:

w2d3 = Week 2, Day 3 of Couch to 5k. :thumbsup2

OMG stop the presses (but don't turn on the lights)

I was at the gym for 2 HOURS and i LOVED every single second of it.

Mind you i wasn't working hard every minute, as they had to show me things etc, but did Treadmill, Elliptical, Recumbent Bike and 45 minutes on the full nautilus circuit....and I...Friggin...Loved....It :scared1: Goodbye sunlight, i'll miss you, but i'm off to the dark side, i promise i'll write ;)

I signed up for a 1 year membership today, and plan to go mornings (8AM weekends 6AM weekdays) :cheer2:

Hope everyone is having a great morning!!!

Dawn--are you saying that you didn't eat anything all day until dinner? Sorry, just confused this morning. :confused3 And I am not even on the pain pills! :rotfl2:

No B-fast - ate Lunch and dinner. Was working on Dan's B-day present as soon as he left for work - and did not think of food until I met him for lunch at 12:30 at Applebees.

Not good. I know. I need fuel all day. I paid the price by my choices last night at the bar.

B-fast here this morning: Fiber Bar. Luch : Subway Dinner: Home and Boca.

Since you are the vegetarian guru - do you want to post some of your recipies you make? Like how I feel after most non meat meals and yet do not want pasta being the main thing either when not eating meat.

Like what is a basic week of meals for your family? I am very curious how to imrove the meal venue at the homestead.

Here is my food update from yesterday -

Applebees WW steak meal - 7 points but I di not at all my broccoli (way too much) or any of the mushrooms in the gravy mix - so I should be a tad lower.

Dinner: remainder of Tuscan salad - 3 points
Appetizer platter split w/ plenty of take home - 18 points-
best guess from individual amounts of things I grazed on - 4 onion rings, 4 mozz sticks, 3 slices of cheese quesadilla's - not a good choice at all. I think once you are aware of points - it changes your outlook on if things are worth it - should of looked it up ahead. Bar Food is never good and I should have known ahead of time it would not lead to a good choice. It was nice geting out with Dan - we never hit a bar like that and just people watch - but a walk would have done the same thing for me. I am just not bar type of girl I guess unless it involves dancing. Sports Bar is not my thing.
Small slice of Fudge - 2 pts

Total: 30 points - and although I should be happy I was at my range - nothing tasted as good (minus the fudge) as the darn Boca spicy chicken sandwich. Which is only 4 points including the bun.
Just like Pizza Hut - for me - Bar Food not worth it. For some though - they may love it and that is their weakness/splurge.

Have a great day all. - off to sight see in Duluth and then head home. :cool1:

Dawn - I've had that meal - yum! Give it all 7 points, as there are nearly no pts in the broccoli. Or the mushrooms. Like my WW leader says, none of us got fat eating veggies! So true, as I sit here with candy around me! :lmao:

I love bars, personally. But I drink, so there's always new beers to try, and people to talk to. Bar food is awful, I don't eat it unless it's St.Patrick's Day and it's corned beef and I have a driver!

Try the salads at a bar -they always have one at least. And pulled pork. Not as bad as you think! I don't even look at the fried stuff anymore, but that was never my thing per se. Did I mention the chocolate around me this morning??? :rotfl:

Morning! I slept IN! Wow, did that feel good! Still in pain, though! The pain was so mild yesterday that I really thought I would wake up pain-free. No such luck. I will rest it again today. But it is HARD. I am really, really stessing about not working out.

Liz. LIZ! Wow. All the way around! The exercise, the tracking, and OMG the PLANNED exercise. You bought hand weights. Ok, ok, I'll shut up. I don't want to jinx anything. I already hate it that Lyz won't tell me when she runs. I don't want you to stop posting about your exercise either. :rotfl2:

STACEY! Yes, a flashlight is definitely in order for you! Welcome to the dark side, baby! :rotfl2: Awesome job! And HI LAR IOUS post. :goodvibes

OOOOH you slept in??? Go you!!!!

Really? Is this like a big deal? Me, hand weights? See, I feel like it's kind of lame, you know, so why am I posting it? I mean, I did the running thing with the spin and yoga for months! But I can't go out in the cold. I need to be at home and working out there. I hope this carries me through April, when I can come out of hibernation!

Liz--I will decode Ronda's runner lingo for you! :rotfl2:

w2d3 = Week 2, Day 3 of Couch to 5k. :thumbsup2

Ah, thank you!

OMG stop the presses (but don't turn on the lights)

I was at the gym for 2 HOURS and i LOVED every single second of it.

Mind you i wasn't working hard every minute, as they had to show me things etc, but did Treadmill, Elliptical, Recumbent Bike and 45 minutes on the full nautilus circuit....and I...Friggin...Loved....It :scared1: Goodbye sunlight, i'll miss you, but i'm off to the dark side, i promise i'll write ;)

I signed up for a 1 year membership today, and plan to go mornings (8AM weekends 6AM weekdays) :cheer2:

Hope everyone is having a great morning!!!

Wow, go StacEy!!! I'll send you a flashlight. ;)

Did Wii, ate oatmeal, ate some candy, now have to hid it all in the garage. And do Sculpt. With Jillian!

AHHHHH!!! AMISH GIRL IS HAVING ISSUES! :rotfl2:

Ok. here's what's goin' on. One of my High School classmates sent an email concerning a reunion. Along with an invitation to join a Facebook group.

mmm.k. I registered with Facebook, but didnt' know how to do anything else. Just registered.

NOW. My 76 year old AUNT just sent me a friend request :eek: How come SHE can do this and I'm completely paralyzed :confused3 I made DD13 promise not to mock, belittle or otherwise taunt me - and set me up.

I thought she was going to wet herself laughing at me 'cause I'm so challenged :laughing:

oy. I'm so not cut out for the technology age :lmao:

I'll go back and read the thread after I'm done with my panic attack :rolleyes1

Just a quick checkin before I go down for a nap.

Game last night was AWESOME!!! Our goalie really came through for us (which is the main thing I was worried about), and though the other team totally outmatched us, we held our own. Only losing 2-0 is a big deal for us, as the other team is the one that most of us would play on if we were any better.

This morning was fargin EARLY! Even the cats were like blink, nah, I'm not getting up. I left the house at 6:30. Bleah. The game went okay, that team is a lot more aggressive so there was more bumping and such, and two girls got hurt (mostly from bumping leading to running into the boards) but luckily not too badly. We lost 3-1 but again, not too bad.

Okay, game at 7 tonight and then again (likely) at 9:30AM tomorrow. I may not have time to check in again until tomorrow afternoon as I am staying after tonight to scorekeep for the game after me, and may stay to help out at the game after that.

Amy, thanks for starting the new thread! Love the short sweet intro, it is so much more "me" than the long sappy stuff. Did I mention I am so not-sappy that we don't even celebrate v-day in this house (at my request)? :laughing:

Stacey, SOOO SOOO SOOO proud of you. I know you were worried about joining a gym and I am so excited that you got past that and found one that you are going to love!!! Such a big step!! :yay:

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend and thanks for all the well-wishes. :goodvibes

Nancy - we are FB friends!

Kat - glad it went well! And you're having fun!

Checking in:
Exercise - done! Yoga on Wii, BL Sculpt video, quick one mile walk. It's like no points, because it's not high intensity, but it's movement.

Food - so far, so good! Except for those peanut butter cups, which I have banished!

Okay, off to do errands with Nick. Aren't we romantic?

Oh, and Dawn - keep forgetting to say - so jealous of your trip to WDW! I so wish we could go. Emily keeps asking when we are going again. It's my fault for spoiling her by taking her so young - three times, but who's counting - but I just feel like this is the perfect age to go! Sigh. I have to talk Nick into it, really!

NANCY! On FB! Friended you! Hilarious. The Amish Girl goes FaceBook. Now we just need Lyz!

KAT--awesome! Thanks for the re-cap! Glad it is going so well! And think of all of the exercise minutes you are earning! Holy crap!

STACEY--glad you loved the gym! Oh Nancy, we have another covert over here! :rotfl2:

AMY--YOU RULE! OMG! Awesome time on the 10k! Super impressed! I bow to your Goddessness! :worship: :worship:

J and I are going our for dinner tonight. Well, that is selling it a bit. We are going to our local bar that we just LOVE. This is the same place where my surprise birthday party was and where we basically go all the time. :rotfl2: But we love it. GREAT food, fun atmosphere, lots o' beer, and on any given night we know half the people in the bar. What's not to love? We are going with another couple and it should be fun. Not super romantic, but that isn't us anyway. (Not quite as anti-Valentine's Day as Kat, but pretty close! :lmao: )

I may try to get a small walk in later and see how that feels. But I can tell that I am healing and I really don't want to push it. So I am still deciding.

LIZ--awesome job on the workout!

I'm scared of the dark.... Erika? Paula? Kat? Liz? anyone? I hear voices and cackling laughter, is that you? It's dark, i'm scared haha :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Perfect! Description!

- we love Chipotle!

We just got a Chipotle, and I hate it. It's too confusing and the meat is so spicy! We tried it twice. I'm done. Which I suppose is a good thing. And I love mexican food. I was looking forward to it.

Ronda - help! What's the w2d3???

Runner speak. Ignore it.

So, me. Tracking. This is hard for me, getting back on. I don't want to write too much about it. Pressure and all.

Yes! So much positive when your on, well you feel like a real loser when your off.

NOW. My 76 year old AUNT just sent me a friend request :eek: How come SHE can do this and I'm completely paralyzed :confused3 I made DD13 promise not to mock, belittle or otherwise taunt me - and set me up.

hahahahhahah - made my day!

Game last night was AWESOME!!! Our goalie really came through for us (which is the main thing I was worried about), and though the other team totally outmatched us, we held our own. Only losing 2-0 is a big deal for us, as the other team is the one that most of us would play on if we were any better.

Yaaay! Kat! Sounds like you are having an awesome time!

Did I mention I am so not-sappy that we don't even celebrate v-day in this house (at my request)? :laughing:

We don't exchange valentines either. Not by my choice. Just sayin. My girls, well they got a new webkinz and chocolate.

Stacey! 2 hours at the gym! You go!

Oh and EriKa - I'm glad you are truly taking it easy. I had a bet going with the others at how fast you'd be back to go, go, go.

SO, I totally kicked the 10k's A$$ this morning. Haven't checked chip time yet, but Garmin said 6.3 miles, 73 minutes, 11:42 average pace! Which for me is fast for that kind of distance. I even walked for about 5 minutes total. It was just fantastic. Fell into my stride early. and felt awesome the whole way through. A bit of shin pain initially, but I put biofreeze on my shins pre-race and I think that helped. Course was also flat as a pancake. A beautiful morning, low 60's at the start. Just awesome.:goodvibes I am enjoying some Blue moon spring ale right now and it tastes so good! :drinking1 Little D and DH are napping, but I am just too wound up to do so. Definitely a runner's high. The worst thing was that somewhere along the way I lost my 13.1 bondiband. :sad: :sad:

Erika Your night out sounds like fun! DH and I will have a belated valentines night out when MIL is here in a couple weeks.

KatSounds like your weekend of hockey is going along well! Can't wait to see pics!

Be back later with a few pics...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter