In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

amykab

<font color=royalblue>Congrats to ALL the losers t
Hey Everyone!

We are now on volume 5 of this thread, which started 14 months ago!!

To put it simply: Plan It, Track It, Own It, Enjoy It!

Tell us a little about yourself!

Name, Age, and Family

Weight Loss Program, History and Current Goals

Favorite Exercise and Healthy Snack

Favorite Indulgence

Best Disney Pixie Dust/Magic Story

Come and join in the fun!!

Hey all!

Thanks for all the good race wishes! :goodvibes I am pretty excited about it, at a minimum at least I will lose my 10K virginity! :lmao:

Challenge stuff for the week:

Tracking 3/3 days
C25K 3/3
Long run 1/1
Core 2/2

Weight loss this week, .5 pounds, so .5/5 for the challenge!

Guess what I will be doing tomorrow other than running?? HAVING BEER!! DH and Delena will be coming to the race finish and after we do a little bit of walking, we'll go to lunch early and I'll have a drink!! :drinking1 :drinking1 So excited.

This is from the last post on Volume 4. We are all doing such amazing stuff right now and there are so many successes that I wanted to start this thread with that info. as well:

Talk about ending Volume 4 on a high note!

~Liz reported on her friend's successful surgery!
~Amy is racing tomorrow!
~Paula is ROCKIN' it!
~Nancy is doing a 50 Mile bike race!
~Kat is playing hockey at an NHL arena!
~I am prepped and ready for my first TRI!
~All of our Goddesses are ON FIRE....LisaV, LisaPR, Stacey, Liz, Lyz, Sarah, and Dawn
~We have awesome and amazing newbies...Aimee, Kelly, Ronda, Sunny, LisaZ, Rod (and now that we are in a new Volume, you are not newbies anymore! :lmao: )

I suppose the fact that it is my first 10k doesn't matter now that I have done a 15k and 2 half's, but I was unsettled by my incomplete set of races. I am such a freakl Now I will have a 5k, 10K, 15K and half marathon distances.

My challenges:

I exercised 90 mins so far this week (most of mine comes in on the weekend, so I will add that to next week). Tracking!!! OMG, I'm in check there. I had no idea how enlightening it would be. Those of you who don't track in some fashion, I strongly encourage you to start. Can't help that I am extremely analytical. I have learned so much by doing this ~ both what I am doing good and what I can do better.

Um mental is a no brainer for this week.

Signing on for volume 5...

Let's rock this one folks. mkay?

Amy - enjoy your race tomorrow and your beer!!! I am not quite sure which you will enjoy more at this point.

Liz - so happy that your friend is doing well. Here's to a smooth and speedy recovery.

Kat - good luck tomorrow. Go kick some hockey bummocks for all of us.

Gotta get to sleep so hi to everyone else and I'll be back to post tomorrow night.

Paula

Amy--I am super excited for you! But I don't which I am more excited for you about....the race itself or your post-race reward! :rotfl2: I am totally the same way. I already told J--after my tri we are having pizza and beer. And wine. WORD. :rotfl2:

Seriously, enjoy the 10k. It is a good distance.

Did I mention that I have another 5k exactly one week after my tri? I don't see that as an issue, though. Isn't it amazing how a 5k is nothing for us now? I remember when I posted about running for two miles! I was so over the top proud of myself. :goodvibes And now even my shortest training run is more than a 5k.

I still sit here and think, "Wow...this is my life!" I am so proud of all of the changes and successes we have all had. Really, it has been such a privilege to be on this journey with such an amazing group of people. :love:

I'm here! :woohoo:

I'll start off with my daily check in. (sit down, ladies)

Food: ate it. Dinner out. Not *bad* choices - but not the same as at home

Alcohol: drank it. out. Not *a lot* - less than I would have at home

Exercise: did it. Rocked it, actually. 60 minutes strength 765/2100

UPDATED!

SPRING BREAK CHALLENGE - WEEK TWO RESULTS

Name.....Wt. Goal….PTD.......Exercise Goal….PTD/W.....Other…….....PTW

Erika.......135 lbs......end.........2100+core 5x…....915/2x.......track+wag…...7/7 both
Liz..........lose some....OT…..…..do some........... OT...........track 5/7…........5/7
Lyz..........-5 lbs........OT........do some.............OT..........day by day….…...OT
LisaPR.....-3"/2%........end……...25 /wk……..........23.18..……….scale sanity……OT
LisaV......Celebrate…....OT......6 on/2 off........... OT..........think..……….…....Getting there
Paula......-10.............-5.........3x+2x................3x+2x.........OP when away.…n/a
Amy.......-5 lbs..........-.5.......4run+2str.............OT...........track 3/7+wag…..OT both
Dawn......n/a……........-2.4………3x c25k...............OT...........track 7/7…..……..OT
Nancy.......n/a...........end........2100 min............765……......track 5/7+wag….7/7; 6/7
Aimee.......n/a...........end.........810 min.............OT............track 2/7………….3/7
Kelly.........n/a….........n/a……....3/7….................1/7.….........track 6/7…….....6/7
Stacey.....-10 lbs.......-2 ……....n/a...................n/a……….....track 7/7…………..7/7
Kat………12-1500 cal…..-7.8………1200min…….....…..550.……….water+wag…….....OT both
Sunny…….WW………..….-4.3………..n/a……………….....……n/a………….water+track….OT both
LisaZ.......-5 lbs.........-3.0.........4x.......................6x...........limit snacks.......OT
Sarah......-6 lbs..........-4.6.........4x.......................??...........water...............??

*PTD = Progress to Date
*PTW = Progress this week
*end = will weigh in at the end of the challenge
*wag = on the NO Alcohol Wagon
*OT = On Track

If any of your information is wrong, please just say so and I will be happy to fix it! It was a bit confusing this time around as I was going back and forth between the old and new threads.

GREAT results this week everyone! OMG, we are ROCKING this Challenge!

Nancy Wine. Sounds good. :goodvibes

Erika I know exactly what you mean about the 5K distance being no big deal. I got a local running paper in my race goody bag and am starting to plan out my spring line up of 5k's!! I found one with green beer at the finish! Sounds like you will have good celebration post tri!!

I :lovestruc the 5-6 milers right now. Such a good distance. Not too far, not so short that you feel like you haven't done anything.

Kat--Have you cross checked anyone yet??

I just posted the Week 2 Challenge Results on Page 1. Go back and make sure I have your info right, please. :goodvibes

Sorry for making you wait for #5...you guys are excited!

I will start #6 on time so there is no delay. I am already writing my intro post since we will be there in less than a month the way things are blazing!

Amy - great title. You must have been channeling my thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!