• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Memory Of Sylvia

Well, I promised I would come back to this thread and I have today. Hopefully, other people will help to keep this - and breast cancer issues - in the spotlight where they belong.

It still seems unbelievable that the DIS could have lost someone who meant so much to so many of us. The huge sadness is still there, just below the surface. Sadness for a brave woman, for a mother, and for the mother's child, family and friends.

I can now write this without shedding a tear, but I now that essential sense of loss will be there for a long time.

Here's to you, Sylvia......

Sylvia's kindness has outlived her. Even in her death she has shown us the goodness of the DIS members and people in general. She was a loving woman who will be truly missed. May the Lord bless her family and friends and heal their broken hearts.

A bump for a TRUE testimony to what the DIS is all about.

Long live her memory.

While it's been a very long time since I've posted on the CB, news of Sylvia's passing has travelled across Disney boards and I wanted to offer my sincere sympathy and prayers to her "real" family and her cyber family.

Some of you may know that I am a moderator on WDW Mania and while it's fun to have friendly competitions with contests and such, a tragedy like this should know no boundaries. A Disney lover is a Disney lover is a Disney lover; and in the grand scheme of things we are all one big family. I remember "Nicksmom" when she was so enthusiastic about the Canadian board and her good nature and charm always shone through on the posts that I remember from so long ago.

I will remember her son in my prayers.

i would like too thank everyone who has kept her memory alive here on the DIS....
I however would like too add that you don't have too have a lump to have inflammatory breast cancer or lumphomasuch as what sylvia had.. :{

it can start out as a thickening of skin or a hard patch off skin... i have been confused with a dermatogly problem .. if it doesnt go away fast please get it checked out .. it can happen to men as well .. it is some what rare and surviving it is as well :{

i dont want to scare anyone ... but i don't want anymore to pass away from this world that way as well ...:{

Thank you The_Lamb... aka sylvia's s/o

Hi Dan. Nice to see you stopping by to pass on these words of advice.

I posted these links here on the DIS a short time before Sylvia passed away, while she was in the hospital.

Here they are again for people to reference.

Sylvia's breast cancer was a rather rare strain, inflamatory breast cancer. Here are a few links you may be interested in to learn about it for your own good health.

http://members.fortunecity.com/aepreston/ibc.symptoms.english.html

http://www.ibcresearch.org/home/

http://www.ibcsupport.org/

http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/ibcmemorial/ibc.brochure.html

<center>
ibcRFPin2.jpg
</center>

Thanks again, Dan, and a {{hug}}. :sunny: And thank you, Kasey, for stopping by. :D

My thoughts, my prayers, my love are with her family. I only hope that someday there can be a cure.

Sylvia, you are to be missed...

Rest in peace...

Buggin'
Amber

It's been a while since I revisited this thread, but Sylvia, and especially Nick, are still in my thoughts often. I am also preparing a more fitting and lasting tribute, which I will let you know about in due course.

Peace, my friends.

I think about Sylvia often. It was so sad to lose her. She was, indeed, one of our own and is sorely missed.

Thank you, Blondie for thinking of this.

Katholyn

Blondie, it's so nice of you to start this thread!!:)

I will forever think of our friend Sylvia. Maybe someday Nick will join us on the DIS and come to see how we felt toward him and his mother!!:)

At Thanksgiving, I thought it might be appropriate to revive this and just take a moment to remember the people Sylvia left behind.......

Thank you Simon! Sometimes in our busy lives, we forget what truly is most important.

Our dear friend, Sylvia, forever remembered by so many, here by a friend from across the big sea. Thanks, Simon, for your tender thoughts.

Sylvia, I think I can imagine you right now. Love ya, Syl.
saint.gif

<center>
looklike4.jpg
</center>

Very nice, Blondie. I didn't know Sylvia, except through everyone who knew her here, and she was very special. :)

She is forever in our hearts! Rest In Peace sweetie..... we are all thinking about you now anfd everyday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter