"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lia! I have been reading your past TR even though i havent posted in forever but 15 days is pretty awesome... not the whole hurricane situation but the Disney thing! I look forward to your adventures.....

Thank you!!! Yeah, I wish I could have had a long stay in Disney under better circumstances but hey, I'll take what I can get. Thanks for following along!

Subbing to this TR! :goodvibes I was there with my family the around the same time, and was wearing my Hanson shirts both days, and yes I dragged both my husband and 2 year old to 2 shows each night! :rotfl: Love love LOVE Hanson! I think we used to follow each other on LJ too randomly...but anyways, I'm in for anything Disney that includes Hanson, so I'm in for this TR!!

hahaha that's AWESOME. When I'm married with kids I will absolutely drag them to Hanson shows, it's just part of the deal if you wanna be in my life, same as my "you must love Disney" requirement.

What was your LJ name? It's totally probable, I had a ton of Hanson fan friends on lj back in the day!

HANSON! I love them, so envious that you've seen them that many times. I've only seen them thrice. Can't wait to read about your adventures.

Yay, I'm so glad to see a bunch of Hanson fans here! This is wonderful. :) I'm sure you'll get to see them many times in the future, don't worry!

Yay! :welcome:!

I'm joining in. Found my way over to your trip reports from reading all the entertaining frump reports. Great reading, feels like I'm living it up with you. Can't wait to hear about this one, I've always wanted to be trapped in Disney :mickeyjum

Awesome!! Gotta love the frumps. I'm glad I can spread the Livin It Up feeling through the internet, LOL.

Woo! :D

Who wouldn't want to read about 15 days in Disney? And Hanson! I'm in.

That's what I'm sayin'! haha. Yay, another Hanson fan!

OH MY GOD. YES. A HANSON FAN. AND IT'S YOU, SO THAT'S PERFECT. hahahaha I can't even with your 25 minute phone conversation with Taylor. I am in love with him, so there's that. I don't even... whatever. He is one of the nicest, coolest, most hilarious people I have ever met. And the best looking guy ever but WHATEVER IT'S NO BIG DEAL. Oh my God, please send me this interview. I really have to experience you and Hanson together ASAP

ARGHHH it was THE BEST!!
I was always a Zac girl, so Taylor is all yours. He is so funny though, that boy can talk a LOT!
It's a big file-just PM me your email and I'll send it through.
It was pretty much the best moment ever...and it's awesome to say that TAYLOR HANSON CALLED MY PHONE!!! Haha my 12 year old self was dying the whole time!

What was your LJ name? It's totally probable, I had a ton of Hanson fan friends on lj back in the day!

It was zorianna. I stopped really keeping up with it when I got pregnant a couple years ago. Most of my friends on there were found through the Hanson community too and I keep up with a few of them on Facebook still!

Hello! I'm joining in your trip report, which caught my eye because I too was stuck at Disney! We were supposed to leave on the 30th, and same thing, our flight home was canceled because of Sandy. Very interested to hear about your trip, and I look forward to reading more.

:welcome: !!!!

ARGHHH it was THE BEST!!
I was always a Zac girl, so Taylor is all yours. He is so funny though, that boy can talk a LOT!
It's a big file-just PM me your email and I'll send it through.
It was pretty much the best moment ever...and it's awesome to say that TAYLOR HANSON CALLED MY PHONE!!! Haha my 12 year old self was dying the whole time!

That is too awesome! I can't wait. PM'd you!!

It was zorianna. I stopped really keeping up with it when I got pregnant a couple years ago. Most of my friends on there were found through the Hanson community too and I keep up with a few of them on Facebook still!

Yeah, I totally remember you! That's funny. Two of my closest friends I met cause of that community. Glad you're here!

I'm joining in! :cheer2:

Yay!!! :welcome:!!!

Hello! I'm joining in your trip report, which caught my eye because I too was stuck at Disney! We were supposed to leave on the 30th, and same thing, our flight home was canceled because of Sandy. Very interested to hear about your trip, and I look forward to reading more.

Oh wow! Yeah, I figured I would find some fellow #StuckinDisney12 "victims" on here, LOL. I hope your home and family fared well in the storm!

OH MY GOODNESS GIRL YOU GOT STUCK AT DISNEY WORLD?!???! That's pretty epic. :thumbsup2

Glad you're alright and home safe now :goodvibes -- I can't wait to hear all about it! And THREE MNSSHP's?? Jealous!

Also can I just say how much I love, as always, your love of Stacey?? I am definitely ready for a get-in, strap-in (I think? or is it grab-in?), let-er-rip ride, that puts you in a test car, and puts it through its paces on one of the longest, fastest rides at Walt Disney World....LET'S HIT IT!!! :cool1::cool1:

I'm joining in, too! I love your past TRs ... and I can't wait to see what happens!

Thank you so much! I can't wait to share it with all of you!

OH MY GOODNESS GIRL YOU GOT STUCK AT DISNEY WORLD?!???! That's pretty epic. :thumbsup2

Glad you're alright and home safe now :goodvibes -- I can't wait to hear all about it! And THREE MNSSHP's?? Jealous!

Also can I just say how much I love, as always, your love of Stacey?? I am definitely ready for a get-in, strap-in (I think? or is it grab-in?), let-er-rip ride, that puts you in a test car, and puts it through its paces on one of the longest, fastest rides at Walt Disney World....LET'S HIT IT!!! :cool1::cool1:

Ahh I KNOW! I still think it's so crazy that it happened.

Thank you. My love of Stacey will never end! It did occur to me that it's PROBABLY strap-in, but my mom and I used to say grab-in all the time because it sounded like that to us, so that's what I'll always say. LOL. I can't wait to HIT IT!!! Woo!

Hello!! I am here, of course! You are the best...cannot to read this in depth tr!

YAY you're here!!! Thank you so much!

Looking forward to reading this trip report! I saw your tweets, but now I get to hear all the nitty gritty details! :thumbsup2

Joining in! I live in NJ too and didn't have power for over a week... Except I'd MUCH rather be in Florida than a dark cold house!! The shore is so sad to look at ;( Anyway your trip sounded like a lot of fun! Can't wait to hear more :)

Looking forward to reading this trip report! I saw your tweets, but now I get to hear all the nitty gritty details! :thumbsup2

YAY, thanks for following along with the tweets and thanks for being here too!

Joining in! I live in NJ too and didn't have power for over a week... Except I'd MUCH rather be in Florida than a dark cold house!! The shore is so sad to look at ;( Anyway your trip sounded like a lot of fun! Can't wait to hear more :)

Thanks for joining in! Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. The pictures of the shore are just devastating. I've spent every summer since birth there and it's just unbelievable, like looking at pictures from a movie. I hope that they can come back even better and stronger after this!

OCTOBER 21, 2012
Day 1, Part 1 In Which Time Stops, We Carve A Pumpkin, And I Forget Kevin

The week before Disney went by slower than I have ever felt time go before. I honestly felt like I was stuck in a terrible episode of the Twilight Zone in which time would stop right before I went to Disney World and NEVER EVER resume.

Thankfully, that did not happen. But it felt like it did. REALLY I can not stress how long the week felt.

At long, LONG last... it was finally the night before Disney, October 20th.

My mom and I carved a pumpkin, and here he is, glowing in the night!

8178088301_f1b0c00758_z.jpg

8178088219_9dec2696b8_z.jpg

Complete with Mickey head on the back!

8178118678_fb2c75fd89_z.jpg

"I can't wait to introduce Lee-Anne to Stacey," I told my mom as I carved Mickey's head into our pumpkin. "Who, by the way, I just spoke with on Facebook."

My mom screamed.

It was the reaction anyone would have upon hearing that I spoke with such royalty.

For those who don't know, Stacey has filmed new footage for the Must Dos at New Fantasyland. She was there literally two days before me! So she posted on Facebook about how amazing it was, I left a comment, and she replied:

8178104362_a90015cb3b_z.jpg

YEAH!!! I felt like my vacation had just been blessed by one of the Disney Gods, and we could now go on and have the best trip ever. It was such a wham way to get this puppy started!!!! I was honestly freaking out even more than I had been in the first place. I LOVE YOU STACEY!!!

Being that I had to get up at 3:30 AM so we could leave for the airport by 4ish to get there before 5 for my 6:15 AM flight (I must always pick the earliest flight because I refuse to leave for Disney any time after the sun has come up. I need the entire day. Period!), I took a sleeping pill around 9:00 PM.

I knew there was ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of me being able to sleep without help. I was bouncing off the walls, reach for the stars, over the fence, World Series EXCITED. I really wanted to make sure I got some rest for what promised to be an incredible (and jam-packed!) Disney day.

I was too excited to even lay down, (hey, that should be the new "Too excited to sleep!" Like, hey, I'm SO excited that I can't even lay in my bed and toss and turn all night!) so I watched one of my favorite things that has ever been on TV: Disney's Halloween Treat (called A Disney Halloween on some broadcasts).

disneyhalloweenfz0.jpg

My mom taped this off the TV in like 1992 or something and I watched it every Halloween after. And still do! It's a Disney clip show featuring shorts and scenes from movies that involve anything dark or scary, PLUS clips of the Haunted Mansion. There are a few different versions of it, and they are all wonderful. They feature some of my favorite Disney shorts, and even though Halloween is now over... I think we all know it's time to start getting ready for next year, so here you go:

Trick or Treat ft. Donald, Huey, Dewey, Louie, and an awesome witch: http://youtu.be/skdVouumMk4

Lonesome Ghosts ft Mickey, Goofy, and Donald as ghost hunters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iaOlMcJvyU

Donald Duck and the Gorilla ft. Donald, Huey, Duey, Louie, and an escape gorilla http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GyiXa3ou2Y

Haunted House ft. Mickey Mouse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNuq5v7INeo

Thru the Mirror ft. Mickey Mouse (MY FAVORITE DISNEY SHORT EVER!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo8DWMo4aw8

There's another one where Mickey hears a noise and thinks it's a burglar or a ghost and walks around his house with a shotgun (?!), but I don't know the name and can't find it. Anyway, the point is... Disney's Halloween Treat is just good stuff. ENJOY!

After the show ended, I finally started to feel drowzy, so I laid down and before I knew it, the human alarm that is my father started wildly going off.

"COME ON!!!! GET UP LIA!!!!"

I live with my parents. It's a joy, really.

He woke me up a few minutes after three even though I SPECIFIED THAT I SET MY ALARM FOR 3:30!!! GAH. Dad, it's fine that you like to get everywhere at an unnecessarily early time, but why must you project that onto me?! Just wanna slap you for a minute.

But... it didn't matter because THIS was the morning I was going to Disney and so, I leaped outta bed. I was SO OUTTA THERE!

@babybritney: Good morning! Good MORNING!!!! I'm going to DISNEY WORLD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I actually got some sleep! DISNEY IM READY FOR YOU BABY!!

Anytime you see "@babybritney:" in this report, it means I am sharing a twitter post! I tweet live from Disney as much as I can during my trips, and like to include the tweets here. :D

I snapped a quick photo of my hair due to the wonderful Jolly Holiday Magical Ribbon:

8172994067_30925c697d_z.jpg

So I got dressed, got all my crap together, and off we went! WE being my mom (magical airport transport mom), Hula Timon, and I. Lee-Anne lives 4 hours away from me, so she was taking a flight from there, and we were to meet at MCO! WOO!

@babybritney: "Waiting for Tonight" by @jlo just came on and I changed the lyrics to "WAITING FOR TONIGHT, WHOOOOA, WHEN I WILL EAT AT OHAANAAAAAAAA"

I have a Disney brain. I will turn all dance pop hits into songs about 'Ohana and sing them, LOUDLY, at 4am. You have been warned.

The drive to the airport was traffic-free, quick, and easy. We said our goodbyes (including one extra hug after the "final" goodbye... always necessary!), and I checked in at the JetBlue kiosk. I love kiosks!!! So convenient.

I stopped at the restroom before getting in line for security. You may think this is an insignificant detail. Well folks, there will be plenty of those in this report, however... this isn't one of them. You'll see. Read on!

SO, I'm pretty sure I scared everyone due to my enthusiasm. I was just SO EXCITED and most people do not have that kind of disposition at 5 in the morning. I could not get the smile off my face, so I was just grinning maniacally at everyone. A beaming ray of Disney sunshine is what I was, you could say. I'm pretty sure my fellow travelers were instructed that for eye protection, they shouldn't even look directly at me.

The line was long, but it moved quickly, which was good because it allowed me to jump ahead in a Tigger-like fashion.

At one point, a man stopped me. "Miss?" he said, "Excuse me, miss?"

He was behind me, and my first instinct was that I had dropped something.

However, when I turned around, the man said, "You have.. um... paper... on your back."

Yup.

I had toilet paper stuck to me.

Somehow... I had managed to pull extra toilet paper out of the dispenser, and it became lodged at the top of the back of my jeans. And was hanging out, much like a tail.

Embarrassing? SURE, yeah, I'd say so. But it takes a lot more than that to embarrass me. Truly, I am pretty shameless.

So I just ripped my toilet paper tail off and kept moving down the line.
I mean, I WAS GOING TO DISNEY! I could have had a giant rip in the back of my jeans and still would be humming a merry tune as I made my way through inspection.

That's just the kind of gal I am.

Not a problem, really. Moving on!

I made it to the gate without any more remnants of my bathroom trip showing up, and waited to board.

Hula Timon climbed atop my suitcase:

8172993919_fa278a9da5_z.jpg

And soon enough we were on the plane!

8172998925_171989b7fa_z.jpg

HULA TIMON WAS SO READY!!!!!! As was I. Liftoff!

8173028946_e744af48fa_z.jpg

@babybritney: Up up and away. . . I can't help feel like I forgot someth---KEVIN!!!!!!!!!

Heh heh. One of the greatest movies ever, that one. ;)

The flight was uneventful due to us not crashing, which I was very thankful for!

I saved a book I knew I would love, Looking for Alaska by John Green, to read on this flight. I have to select my on the way to Disney reading materials VERY carefully because if it's not good enough, I won't be able to focus on it due to being ready to jump out of my skin with excitement. I had just read The Fault In Our Stars by the same author, and I LOVED it, so I figured the same would happen with Alaska! I was right, it more than kept me occupied during the 2 hour and 15 minute journey. I have since finished, and wow, I loved this book. I did not love it more than The Fault In Our Stars, but it's still one of my favorites I've read in awhile. Check it out!

ANYWAY WHO CARES ABOUT BOOKS, SOON THIS APPEARED ON THE SCREEN:

8173028808_aa5e083da8_z.jpg

GAH!!! We descended into the Orlando area, I skipped onto the fake Monorail (which was PACKED btw), and off into the terminal!

@babybritney: IM CRYING CAUSE WE LANDED THE PLANE DID NOT CRASH AND I HAVE OFFICIALLY DESCENDED INTO THE ORLANDO AREA

Up Next: ARRIVING IN DISNEY!!!! (Hey, just scroll down. Two updates today! WOO!)

OCTOBER 21, 2012
Day 1, Part 2 In Which I Model To Kill Time, Lee-Anne Arrives, and WE GO TO DISNEY!

I had a pretty decent wait ahead of me, since Lee-Anne's flight didn't get in until around 11. It was fine though, I'd much rather be earlier than her than arrive a few hours later, which was my only other option. After spending lots of time in the bathroom freshening up and putting make-up on, I parked it right next to this beautiful sight:

A5vD_sICAAEuZzV.jpg

The Magic of Disney store!

At first my mentality was, "Don't go in there and spend a bunch of money. You're not even in Disney World yet. Buy stuff there, not at the airport."

That mentality went south. Fast.

8173028592_7e816573a7_z.jpg

I love the Fantasia theme in here! Can't you just hear the theme music now?

The buyers did a great job with this store. It honestly has the perfect selection of Disney merchandise. If you forgot something while in Disney, this is a great place to go to get last minute souvenirs!

8172998175_3259a02485_z.jpg

I thought this was just about the cutest onesie ever.

8173028168_c49f2d76de_z.jpg

LOVE the lights!

I spent a LOT of time examining basically every product in there, and finally settled on what I call an "Obnoxious Character Explosion Shirt":
8173027974_5e9e41fd29_z.jpg

It is not my first Obnoxious Character Explosion Shirt, and it most certainly will not be the last. I mean, THE CHARACTERS ARE RIDING THE MONORAIL! Ahh!

My other Obnoxious Character Explosion Shirt is an adult small, and it's pretty big on me, so I bought a child medium this time, and it was the perfect size! Not only did I get the right fit, I saved $10 by buying a child size. Woo!

I still had lots of time to kill before Lee-Anne arrived, so naturally it was model my new shirt in the bathroom time!

A5vIeFnCMAEMclD.jpg

@babybritney: Shopping until Lee-Anne gets here!!! New shirt <3 ahhhh I can't wait to see her and get on MAGICAL EXPRESS!!!!!

8173027774_453e2256a5_z.jpg

As a rule, I rarely model without a partner who is dressed in drag.

8172997197_0fe4f3d0b0_z.jpg

Seriously, it's in my contract. I love him.

LOOK WHO I FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!
8172997041_904c76832f_z.jpg

WOO! Lee-Anne's flight arrived early! When she texted me, I was in a chair next to The Magic of Disney, and I was going to just wait there for her because I knew she would be coming around the bend... but I was so excited that I had to pick up my bags and plant them right at the corner of the store so I could stand there and welcome her as she came around the bend! TOO MUCH EXCITEMENT.

We very quickly made our way down to the Magical Express!

8172996851_1a2c672458_z.jpg

Usually, once I board Magical Express I have to wait awhile for more people to get on the bus, but this one left as soon as we got on! Sadly, there were no seats available in the front, so we took over the BOOM BOOM ROOM, aka the very back of the bus!

8172996691_c710e0b8f3_z.jpg

The new TVs looked quite nice, and of course they played the videos that always make me cry!

8178076330_f18c6abbc9_z.jpg

This is me holding a color-coded copy of our itinerary that I had obsessed over and changed 100 times. Did we stick to it? NO! That literally never happens. Well, I actually did better than I usually do with that. So yay!

We had a good bus driver who was very happy and friendly and screamed with us when we passed under the holy arches!

8178065398_68f13db2b6_z.jpg

Not your best arch shot... like I cared!!! I WAS IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon, we were pulling up to the first resort of our trip, my classic standby, the first Disney resort I ever stayed at.... DISNEY'S POP CENTURY RESORT!

I was so excited to go into the lobby that I almost forgot we had to wait for the driver to unload our bags! Oops.

We made our way inside, and I saw this brutal check-in line:
8178065448_85aec1493c_z.jpg

Of course, I did not wait in this line. Being the Queen of the Polynesian has its perks, you know. That and we did online check-in. MUCH shorter line.

I had requested either a room in the 60's or one near the busses, though really I believe any location at Pop is a good one. Because of the layout, you can always take a shortcut if you get a room that's far from Everything Pop, so there are no super long walks. However, I hadn't stayed in the 60's since my first visit to Pop when I was 16, and I wanted to be in the middle of the action (the 60's section is in the middle of the resort, closest to everything Pop, where the main pool is located) so Lee-Anne could experience that too. When I did online check in, they said they could not accommodate my room request, which I figured because the rooms in the 60's are Preferred, and we booked Standard. However, at check-in we got bumped to Preferred! AWWWW YEAH.

Off we headed into the 1960's!

8173026774_c7452ced65_z.jpg

8172995513_ae60da1da3_z.jpg

8173025578_1deb6c5afb_z.jpg

8173025954_a144cf6453_z.jpg

View from our floor:
8172995817_7cd0224b03_z.jpg

View from outside our door:
8173026302_8eb97850fe_z.jpg

AND HERE IT IS!
8173026424_20709c11b1_z.jpg

I didn't take pictures of the room. I WAS WAY TOO BUSY SCREAMING, turning on Stacey, collapsing onto the bed and crying! Plus, if you haven't seen the inside of a Pop Century room, this must be your first day on the DIS or something. Get with it!

I said to Lee-Anne, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO MEET STACEY!!!" and she was like, "...Stacey?" I had explained about this goddess before, but I don't think she remembered. I turned on the TV and watched in a complete state of bliss. Unfortunately, I don't think Lee-Anne was as taken with Stacey. The next day when I was watching, she asked me IF WE COULD WATCH SOMETHING ELSE!!! I almost fell over. I said yes... as my soul died. Yep, I watched something non-Stacey at Disney. It was a catastrophe, but I remained strong. Hula Timon and I held hands to get through it.

Speaking of my buddy HT, he just could not calm down. Look where I found him!

8173026620_d14f645d18_z.jpg

Understandable!!! WE WERE IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up next: Starting the trip off in Hollywood!

Hahaha we always have to take the earliest flight to Disney too! Why miss a minute of the arrival day that you don't have to???

Yay for FB'ing with Stacey before your trip!!! Too bad that Lee-Ann wasn't begging to watch her 18 times in a row though!!!

I am completely with you on the earliest flight.

Hula Timon is so handsome/pretty. I've enjoyed reading about him/her in your other trip reports too! And yay :banana::banana::banana: for getting bumped up the the 60's section!

Ok, your Jolly Holiday bow is like the best thing ever.

And your Mickey sweatshirt Hula Timon is sitting on is the second best thing ever.

I love the shirt you got. And really the characters riding the monorail?! LOVE.

Lee-Anne didn’t like Stacey?!?!?! :eek: I’m sorry, but HOW DO YOU NOT LOVE STACEY?!

Great update! I almost always end up buying a kids size shirt when I buy t-shirts in Disney World. The adult small ones are HUGE sometimes!! I don't like wearing t-shirts than hang down to my knees and give me no shape whatsoever, thanks, Disney!

Yay for being bumped to Preferred! Room upgrades are always a nice way to kick off a Disney trip. :thumbsup2

Shocked that Lee-Anne did not appreciate Stacey! :lmao: I remember the first time we stayed offsite at our timeshare, we turned on the TV not expecting to see her since we were not a Disney resort, but there she was. I literally said, "*GASP* WE GET STACEY HERE!" :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter