I'm so scared, please help if you can.

Agreeing with the thoughts of all here, Sonya. I am sure the reply will be fine from the doc. {{Hugs}} But maybe a professional to finish the cleanup at your folks place.

I am sorry to read that you are worrying so much, with good reason of course. I am glad to read that you have called the doctor, that would have been my advice as well. Please let us know what the good doc says.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I don't blame you a bit for being worried. Glad you called your doc. Look forward to hearing what you find out.

My DH has had asbestos abatement done at work and he's their enviromental engineer so he knows a little bit on this subject. I know that he says as long as the asbestos is contained it is fine. What you have to worry about is loose asbestos. For instance if you have asbestos insulation on pipes (very common in schools and businesses). As long as the insulation is covered and without tears it is fine. The problem is when it gets old and the covering tears, then it should be removed. Things that are contained such as flooring and roofing materials should be fine because they are contained and do not release particles into the air.

The problem is for people with prolonged exposure to asbestos particles, esp. if they smoke. For some reason people who smoke have a much higher incidence of cancer and asbestosis.

I wouldn't worry about your baby, it sounds like your Dad did a great job of removing his flooring. People get really nervous about asbestos, but it's not really anything to get upset about. I can understand, when you don't know what is going on and you're pregnant things such as this worry you.

Hope that this little information I have about this subject helps. Oh, I hope that the Dr. get back to you.

My guess is that since you weren't there the day they were doing the removal of the asbestos, that you should be fine. The black stuff left on the floor may or may not be asbestos.

My gut feling is that you'll be fine, but you'll feel better if you hear it from your Ob/Gyn, so give him/her a call.

Thanks again everyone. My Dr called and said I shouldn't worry, that everything is probably OK, but if I start having lung problems I should call them immediately. I feel a litte better now, but I'm still so worried about my parents. I keep thinking about how particles could still be in the air in their house. I hope they are OK. I think I will wait for the remodling to be done and cleaned up before I go visit again.
Willy- the contractor, my cousin, told him it was asbestos, I'm assuming since he's done this sort of thing before he knows how to test it.
Thanks again everyone

{{{{{ hugs}}}}} to you Sonya I hope you can relax a little now you've talked to you're Dr. I think you're going to be a wonderful mother:D

{{{HUGS}}} to you Sonya. I am glad you can relax a little bit more. Hopefully everything will be fine with your parents long term. I hope they get a professional to finish the job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter