**Illuminations ending Sept 30th**

Thanks for posting this! Definitely needed a little Disney today... it really made my day :goodvibes

I’ve seen bits and pieces of Illuminations over the years, but I’ve never stopped to watch the whole show until tonight.
I don’t know. The music/fireworks/show do nothing for me. I’m really looking forward to the new show in October. :)

Most important thing I learned is that this current show, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, will continue to run through Sept. 31, 2019.

And, a new Epcot nighttime show, "Epcot Forever," will start the next night, Oct. 1, 2019.

EDIT: "Epcot Forever" is a short-term "interim show."

Last edited:

Most important thing I learned is that this current show, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, will continue to run through Sept. 31, 2019.

And, the NEW Epcot nighttime show will start the very next night, Oct. 1, 2019.

(No "interim show" as had been previously announced.)

Unless I misheard, they said Epcot Forever was the very next night, which was the interim show was it not?

Matt

I'll be so sad to see this end, we've watched it since it's debut. On the bright side, my bet on when it would end turned out right so my reservations I made stand.
Unless I misheard, they said Epcot Forever was the very next night, which was the interim show was it not?

Matt

I haven't watched the video yet, but that was my understanding before, that Epcot Forever would be around for a year or so until the permanent show debuts.

Thanks for posting this! Definitely needed a little Disney today... it really made my day :goodvibes
You're welcome.

I started going to WDW in 2003,so my "introduction" to WDW was made up of Wishes/Spectromagic/IllumiNations/Fantasmic!.

I will never forget my first night at WDW,standing in The Hub at Magic Kingdom as Spectromagic came through.

I was awestruck and when the floats began changing from color to all white,at that moment,I knew I would be coming to WDW for the rest of my life-I was HOOKED!:)

And I got the same feelings the first time I watched IllumiNations!

Sadly,Wishes and Spectro are now gone soon to be followed by IllumiNations,but my memories of them will live on!:)

Matt
Correct.

Debuting October 1, 2019, “Epcot Forever” will be an all-new, limited-time spectacle of fireworks, music, lighting, lasers and choreographed, special effects kites. The show will take us on a journey through the past, present and future of Epcot. Featuring a stirring collection of songs that paint a colorful picture of the park, this nighttime extravaganza will offer both a trip down memory lane and a look towards the future and all the magical possibilities still to come.

Does anyone know why they are having an interim show instead of going straight from IllumiNations to the new show?

You're welcome.

I started going to WDW in 2003,so my "introduction" to WDW was made up of Wishes/Spectromagic/IllumiNations/Fantasmic!.

I will never forget my first night at WDW,standing in The Hub at Magic Kingdom as Spectromagic came through.

I was awestruck and when the floats began changing from color to all white,at that moment,I knew I would be coming to WDW for the rest of my life-I was HOOKED!:)

And I got the same feelings the first time I watched IllumiNations!

Sadly,Wishes and Spectro are now gone soon to be followed by IllumiNations,but my memories of them will live on!:)

That’s amazing!!!! I wish I had that good of a memory!!! We actually started going to Disney a year after you! We’ve been going back ever since! It will be missed, and although I hate change, I’m looking forward to the new show!

And, the NEW Epcot nighttime show will start the very next night, Oct. 1, 2019.

(No "interim show" as had been previously announced.)
Epcot Forever is the interim show

Just realized I already scheduled Epcot for Sept 30 on my fall trip (avoid the weekend crowds at F&W)!! Guess I know what Tier 1 I'm going for. It's going to be an ugly cry night for sure!!

I’ve seen bits and pieces of Illuminations over the years, but I’ve never stopped to watch the whole show until tonight.
I don’t know. The music/fireworks/show do nothing for me. I’m really looking forward to the new show in October. :)

I can see why if you don’t have the history behind watching it that today it wouldn’t have much meaning or be impressive. The technicals aren’t what have me attached to this show, it’s the memories. We’ve been watching it for 20 years. It’s a never miss on every trip and a huge part of our memories of WDW.

I’m going to the last show with one of my daughters but I’m going in May with my 7 yr old grandson. That will be the last time he ever sees it and it makes me sad to think it’s probably just going to be a faint memory for him. We’ll do the dessert buffet and I’m coming up with something to try and make it a memory that will stick.

Yes, I love it that much!

Just realized I already scheduled Epcot for Sept 30 on my fall trip (avoid the weekend crowds at F&W)!! Guess I know what Tier 1 I'm going for. It's going to be an ugly cry night for sure!!

FP is my backup plan for when I don’t get the dessert buffet! lol

I can see why if you don’t have the history behind watching it that today it wouldn’t have much meaning or be impressive. The technicals aren’t what have me attached to this show, it’s the memories. We’ve been watching it for 20 years. It’s a never miss on every trip and a huge part of our memories of WDW.

I’m going to the last show with one of my daughters but I’m going in May with my 7 yr old grandson. That will be the last time he ever sees it and it makes me sad to think it’s probably just going to be a faint memory for him. We’ll do the dessert buffet and I’m coming up with something to try and make it a memory that will stick.

Yes, I love it that much!

I’m not really expecting to like the new show much either. I guess I’m not really a fan of the nighttime shows in general even though I’ve seen some of those shows multiple times. We’ll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter