Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

Used to be premium experiences that you could have for free, or at least no extra charge.....watching Illuminations from Rose and Crown being one, watching Wishes or current show from the train station is another. The profit mongers at Disney have seen this and realized, "Hey, we can charge a ton of money for these experiences and people will pay for them!" That's why we have all these high dollar dessert party's and such. I would love to blame it all on Disney, but really, none of it would happen if so many people weren't willing to pay those prices.

I have a reservation for this on 2/4. We've never eaten at Rose & Crown. Actually, we never do table service meals in the parks at all (I'm more of a walk-and-snack person). So this will be a first!

And I stumbled upon this completely by accident last Thursday! Made an impulse decision to book it and am glad I did.

Random question ... what sort of music is played on the R&C patio before Illuminations? I really love the pre-Illuminations music that starts at 8:30 around the World Showcase promenade. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to hear it during this event while we eat.

Looking forward to reading more reviews and seeing more photos!!

We love sitting and listening to the pre Illuminations music also so hope you can still hear it

. I would love to blame it all on Disney, but really, none of it would happen if so many people weren't willing to pay those prices.
Yup, visitor demand is exactly why there are redesignated "preferred" resort sreas, railroad VIP viewing, the new R&C package, the Secret Park now being an event venue...

I'm looking forward to more reviews, photos,videos. Sitting here in the cold planning my wdw trip.

anyone else take part in this and have a review?
It's only a week old. There will likely be more reviews as time passes, but at this point probably fewer than 300 parties have participated. But you might want to check the Dining Reviews subforum?

Hmmm. That review is making me second guess my reservation. I want my Dad to have a great view of the fireworks and according to the review the view is not the best. We will be there July 4th, which will be crazy. I’m considering just wasting a fast pass and reserve the firework viewing location. What to do what to do? :confused3

Me too. I just booked May 2nd yesterday. But for the benefit of my daughter, it does seem to be a much less crowded place for her to see Illuminations for the first (and last) time.

Hmmm. That review is making me second guess my reservation. I want my Dad to have a great view of the fireworks and according to the review the view is not the best. We will be there July 4th, which will be crazy. I’m considering just wasting a fast pass and reserve the firework viewing location. What to do what to do? :confused3

Same here. I may try to get the FEA dessert party after all. I would like to see more reviews though before I cancel this.

Yep me, too. If my kid can't see very well I will definitely cancel it. She's a picky eater already, so I'm getting burned on her portion. It's the kid price, so I wasn't going to complain too much about that.

I was happy to see this package, but I trust Josh and that view is horrid. The big thing for me is they’re still leaving some openings for regular diners and I’m just not paying a premium price for a lesser view. I didn’t care for the dessert buffet either, so we’ll probably just do a fp. Regardless, cancelling this one.

Last edited:
oh man that's disappointing, I'll hold my adr for now but going to look at the frozen party instead. bummer

I was happy to see this package, but I trust Josh and that view is horrid. The big thing for me is they’re still leaving some openings for regular diners and I’m just not paying a premium price for a lesser view. I didn’t car for the dessert buffeteithe, so we’ll probably just do a fp. Regardless, cancelling this one.
I agree

We have watched Illuminations from both the upper and lower patios and I much prefer the upper one so this is disappointing. That said, my worst view of the show in the 10 years I have been watching it was from the Dessert Party, most of the tables are great, but ours (23), was horrible, my husband and I and the family seated with us all stood up and moved to a different angle so that we would be able to see the show better. We will keep our reservation for this dinner for now.

We have watched Illuminations from both the upper and lower patios and I much prefer the upper one so this is disappointing. That said, my worst view of the show in the 10 years I have been watching it was from the Dessert Party, most of the tables are great, but ours (23), was horrible, my husband and I and the family seated with us all stood up and moved to a different angle so that we would be able to see the show better. We will keep our reservation for this dinner for now.
Could they relocate this event to the upper seating?

Could they relocate this event to the upper seating?

They probably could if they wanted to, but for whatever reason they chose to assign this package to the lower level seating. It still isn't an absolutely perfect view from the upper patio either, as you do miss some of the higher fireworks, it is just my personal preference to be on the upper level. There are many better places to watch the show from around WS Lagoon, I just prefer to watch while having dinner at R&C, so even with the poorer view from the lower patio I will be keeping my reservation but I can completely understand why others would prefer to cancel and seek out other options.

It also bothers me that dinner isn’t served before the show. I don’t want to eat during the show itself. Dessert sure, but not the meal. I’ll keep the reservation for a while, just in case they change things up, but as it stands now, no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter