Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

Thanks for the review. I cannot wait to experience this. Were you able to see the overhead fireworks? We are going July 4th and I want my Dad to see the July 4th finale. I’m concerned with the umbrellas blocking the view.

The only thing I couldn’t see were the floating lights in the water during the “We Go On” portion of the show. Umbrellas were fine for us as we are along the water, but they are all down. July 4th is going to be awesome!

Also, dessert is being served after the fireworks. Last call was right when the show ended.

The only thing I couldn’t see were the floating lights in the water during the “We Go On” portion of the show. Umbrellas were fine for us as we are along the water, but they are all down. July 4th is going to be awesome!

Also, dessert is being served after the fireworks. Last call was right when the show ended.

Thanks for the live updates. Were people from inside the restaurant allowed to come stand on the patio during Illuminations, or was the patio completely reserved for those who paid for the package?

It’s the regular tables along the water and then a handful along the wall, but they are windowed in between each other. Nothing different than the normal table setup. It’s just like if we had an ADR.

Are you saying that some people on the package do not get a table by the water? If so, is it based on check in time? Thanks!

We checked in at 7:30 and were seated around 7:50. We’re taking up the entire bottom level, about 15 tables. The top level is still regular diners. Drinks were served by 8:15. Ordered the cocktail with the boba on the side; it’s good, but a little sweet for me. Let me know if you have any questions while I’m here!View attachment 376423 View attachment 376424
View attachment 376425
How many were in your party? There are 2 of us and I’m just wondering if they would possibly have sharing of tables.

Are you saying that some people on the package do not get a table by the water? If so, is it based on check in time? Thanks!
The Disney Parks Blog review says that there was some space left on the patio for non-package ADRs. Maybe those folks get the not-water-side tables on the patio.

Thanks for the review. I cannot wait to experience this. Were you able to see the overhead fireworks? We are going July 4th and I want my Dad to see the July 4th finale. I’m concerned with the umbrellas blocking the view.
wondering the same?

Thanks for the live updates. Were people from inside the restaurant allowed to come stand on the patio during Illuminations, or was the patio completely reserved for those who paid for the package?

I only saw a handful on the top portion of the patio. It really wasn’t noticeable.

There were about 4 tables not on the water, but all were on the lower section. There would have been room for them to move up to see, but it seemed like their view was still great.

How many were in your party? There are 2 of us and I’m just wondering if they would possibly have sharing of tables.

We were a party of 2 and were seated at a 4-person table that was only set up for 2. No one had to share tables tonight, not sure if that will always end the case.

wondering the same?

I posted about that above- no issues seeing fireworks at all and the umbrellas are all closed.

Such a great event. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. We actually had an ADR at Rose and Crown during fireworks tonight, our last night. When this was announced, I knew we had to do it to get the guaranteed patio seating. Watching Illuminations from Rose and Crown is a highlight of every trip, so I’m perhaps a little biased, but it really was great. Service was a step above as well. It was chilly, but they couldn’t turn the heaters on because it would distract from the show; instead they offered everyone blankets which I thought was very nice. I did notice that you could order other cocktails or drinks for an additional charge. They also allowed us to sit a while and enjoy ourselves; we left a little after 10. They did mention that they’d probably be tweaking things as time goes on and seeing what works and what doesn’t, but it did seem like it went off without any issues. It really did just feel like a normal dinner there, but with added service.

I’m not a big dessert fan, but the trio was really amazing!E67BB987-336D-4362-9E45-66CDC27AF415.jpeg

Were there any special arrangements made for vegetarians (Savory Vegetable Crumble wasn't offered on the special menu)?

Such a great event. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. We actually had an ADR at Rose and Crown during fireworks tonight, our last night. When this was announced, I knew we had to do it to get the guaranteed patio seating. Watching Illuminations from Rose and Crown is a highlight of every trip, so I’m perhaps a little biased, but it really was great. Service was a step above as well. It was chilly, but they couldn’t turn the heaters on because it would distract from the show; instead they offered everyone blankets which I thought was very nice. I did notice that you could order other cocktails or drinks for an additional charge. They also allowed us to sit a while and enjoy ourselves; we left a little after 10. They did mention that they’d probably be tweaking things as time goes on and seeing what works and what doesn’t, but it did seem like it went off without any issues. It really did just feel like a normal dinner there, but with added service.

I’m not a big dessert fan, but the trio was really amazing!View attachment 376487
Thank you so much for your detailed information, sounds great!!

Oh no I'm sorry! July 4th went FAST. :sad2: Hopefully you can get the dessert party!
Yeah, I am pretty disappointed. I woke up early and saw 180 day availability so I got excited...the more I played with it I realized no ADRs were actually loaded so I tried and tied and tried. Be the time I saw the ADRs were loaded , that day was totally gone. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the dessert party and if that doesnt happen I'll try and be creative.

I’m not a big dessert fan, but the trio was really amazing!View attachment 376487
Thank you so much for sharing and answering all of our questions!

Yeah, I am pretty disappointed. I woke up early and saw 180 day availability so I got excited...the more I played with it I realized no ADRs were actually loaded so I tried and tied and tried. Be the time I saw the ADRs were loaded , that day was totally gone. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the dessert party and if that doesnt happen I'll try and be creative.

If nothing else check for cancellations closer to time maybe

Going to stick with my original reservation for early May and just hope to get an outside seat. The entree's aren't a wide enough selection for my group and my wife and son would not like anything on that list. If they could just substitute the pub burger or the shep' pie (while it may not be exactly what they want) we would probably switch. Love the alcohol list though. Covers a lot of bases.

Thanks for the review! Do you know if they were able to do other drink combinations? Like the snakebite or I there’s that mix cider and beer? (I see each individually on the list but not the combination)

Going to stick with my original reservation for early May and just hope to get an outside seat. The entree's aren't a wide enough selection for my group and my wife and son would not like anything on that list. If they could just substitute the pub burger or the shep' pie (while it may not be exactly what they want) we would probably switch. Love the alcohol list though. Covers a lot of bases.

Ugh... I feel the same about the entrees. I did in fact book for 3/2 anyway. I’m not a fish person. BUT I LOVE elderflower...so I am all set with that “ Dutchess” drink.

Thanks for the review! Do you know if they were able to do other drink combinations? Like the snakebite or I there’s that mix cider and beer? (I see each individually on the list but not the combination)

Nope. We asked about the Bumblebee (Boddingtons and Guinness) which are both on the menu individually, and they said they couldn’t. They said for blends they just picked their top sellers, but it could be something that changes in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter