• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

We were at the same table in April. The lower section was empty so no problem with the gate. We are going again in July and I told DH about what was happening. He says he's not standing for anyone 😂
I hope he doesn't embarrass me lol!!
Honestly though, you would think if someone was thinking of walking through the gate and noticed people sitting there, they would go another way :confused3
The umbrellas were lowered for us too. I just scooted over to be next to DH and it was no problem. I was too busy crying to notice much though lol!

Why not just book a regular reservation and use the standing area to watch Illuminations?

The point was to have a seat. Too many stories of the umbrellas and this table - which I would bet that would stick a solo at without thought - for me to feel comfortable with it.

I’ve decided to cancel it and go to Villains After Hours. I will be at the final Illuminations in September.

We were at the same table in April. The lower section was empty so no problem with the gate. We are going again in July and I told DH about what was happening. He says he's not standing for anyone 😂
Honestly though, you would think if someone was thinking of walking through the gate and noticed people sitting there, they would go another way :confused3
The umbrellas were lowered for us too. I just scooted over to be next to DH and it was no problem. I was too busy crying to notice much though lol!

Unfortunately there wasn’t much room to scoot over as one side we would have been intruding on someone else’s very close table and the other side (which we did scoot over to) put us so close to the diners in the regular reserved viewing area that they were standing over and leaving over us (could have touched us easily and it looks like in someone else’s case they did get hit with a child’s wand). It was very uncomfortable for me to sit with a huge crowd breathing over me, I hated it.

The point was to have a seat. Too many stories of the umbrellas and this table - which I would bet that would stick a solo at without thought - for me to feel comfortable with it.

I’ve decided to cancel it and go to Villains After Hours. I will be at the final Illuminations in September.

I can understand that. The villains after hours does sound like fun, but I wish it included meet and greets

Unfortunately there wasn’t much room to scoot over as one side we would have been intruding on someone else’s very close table and the other side (which we did scoot over to) put us so close to the diners in the regular reserved viewing area that they were standing over and leaving over us (could have touched us easily and it looks like in someone else’s case they did get hit with a child’s wand). It was very uncomfortable for me to sit with a huge crowd breathing over me, I hated it.
I wondering if we had different seats. We were right by the door the servers used to go in and out of the restaurant.

I wondering if we had different seats. We were right by the door the servers used to go in and out of the restaurant.

Our table was by the gate that led to the standing area for other restaurant diners to view the show. No one was supposed to enter or exit using this gate after the meal started. Our tables chairs blocked the gates and the hostess explained the gate is to remain closed. Other restaurant diners enter the reserved standing area a different way. However, PACKAGE diners on the lower patio with us, continued to use this gate to exit the patio and go to restrooms outside and come back to patio (the correct way to go to restrooms was to enter the restaurant). Each time they did this we had to stand up and move chairs.

Our table was by the gate that led to the standing area for other restaurant diners to view the show. No one was supposed to enter or exit using this gate after the meal started. Our tables chairs blocked the gates and the hostess explained the gate is to remain closed. Other restaurant diners enter the reserved standing area a different way. However, PACKAGE diners on the lower patio with us, continued to use this gate to exit the patio and go to restrooms outside and come back to patio (the correct way to go to restrooms was to enter the restaurant). Each time they did this we had to stand up and move chairs.
Oh, that makes sense to me now. We were on the upper patio next to the gate to the lower section. That's why I thought we had the same seat. That sounds so annoying! I'm sorry that happened.

Neither you nor he should feel embarrassed if it comes to that! People can deal with hearing the word “no.” We were willing to stand up before dinner but not during. All who tried & were told “no” seemed to somehow cope with the unexpected hardship of walking through the restaurant. :laughing:

Neither you nor he should feel embarrassed if it comes to that! People can deal with hearing the word “no.” We were willing to stand up before dinner but not during. All who tried & were told “no” seemed to somehow cope with the unexpected hardship of walking through the restaurant. :laughing:
:rotfl:

Thank you MKTokyo and smile145 for your reviews (as troubling as they are) about the 2 person table. My DD15 and I are doing this next Saturday the 8th. I have so been looking forward to it and booked it right when the package was announced. I thought about cancelling after reading this, but darn it, it’s our special mother/daughter trip and she and I are both really looking forward to it. So I’m hoping I’m not at this table but I think there’s only a couple of tables for 2 so probably 50/50 we get it. The crowded gate situation, umbrella blocking view and general too crowded area will all be refundable circumstances for me so glad to know they have been reasonable with regard to that. I’ll try not to get out my angry face and just ask they make it right with at least a refund if it comes to that. I’ll report back with hopefully a great experience, :) FYI - We are also doing the Tea Class at R&C the following morning!

I saw that some people were able to book this package for the first week in October - presumably for the Epcot Forever show. Has anyone been able to book past that? I just attempted to book for 12/7, the seventh day of our trip and no tables available. Wondered if they haven't released dates out this far, or if it really is completely booked 187 days out.

I saw that some people were able to book this package for the first week in October - presumably for the Epcot Forever show. Has anyone been able to book past that? I just attempted to book for 12/7, the seventh day of our trip and no tables available. Wondered if they haven't released dates out this far, or if it really is completely booked 187 days out.

I also would love to know. I have been hoping to book the dining package for early November, but was not sure if this will be extended for the Forever Epcot fireworks show.

Any recent reports? Have they fixed the umbrella problem yet? We have reservations for July 4 with my 14 month old and I don’t want to take him to Epcot if it isn’t going to be worth seeing the show. We will just stay at Poly beach instead

We too will be a group of two- a special mom and son trip. I do hope that we are not stuck at the gate with a bad view of Illuminations. For the cost of the experience, I would hope for a better option. I think we will show up a bit early to see our seats and see if there is anything we can do if we get put there. That would be SO disappointing :(

We did the Illuminations package on June 10th. Thankfully we were not placed near the gate nor did we have any umbrellas obstructing our views. The food and service was wonderful. I have never tried scotch eggs before, boy were they delicious. We felt we got enough food and drinks for the money (very stuffed by the end). The viewing area was great and we were not blocked by any of the hedging. If I did have one complaint, it would be that the tables and chairs are very close together. It was a bit of a challenge getting out of my seat to use the restroom when the person behind me had their chair practically pressed up against mine (and that was with me all the way pushed into the table already). I had slide myself over to the next seat and slide out that way to get out from the table. Oh well, still had a really good time and would do it again when Epcot's new show starts.

Has there been any word on whether this package will continue to be offered with the new fireworks show?

Has there been any word on whether this package will continue to be offered with the new fireworks show?

We have it booked for October 6 with the new fireworks. Not sure if it will continue further down the road.

This table for two everyone’s talking about, is it on the left or right as you are looking at the lagoon? We will have a table for two and I hate having to complain on vacation. But I will if there is a major issue. Has anyone had any luck with getting there early and making a request?

This table for two everyone’s talking about, is it on the left or right as you are looking at the lagoon? We will have a table for two and I hate having to complain on vacation. But I will if there is a major issue. Has anyone had any luck with getting there early and making a request?

From the descriptions it's sounds like the far left if you are facing the lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter